Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-29-2009, 04:20 AM   #1
pinokio

Wink iPhone

I've been looking out for an iPhone, but, here in Europe, lately all you see are the "clones" looking similar to the real deal. Most people tell me that in the US iPhones are real cheap, which by the input I have is not true. What is an iPhone worth in the US? Lets place a 16GB as the wanted unit. I know there is a huge diference between units on a contract and units without contract. What about used units?

Regards
Old 09-29-2009, 04:59 AM   #2
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Bolivar
yachties23 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: iPhone

I just upgraded from my original Gen1 Iphone to a 3GS 16 GB, and with the available upgrade in my contract it was about $200. I think Brand new without using a plan upgrade or signing a new contract they go for 400.
yachties23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:17 AM   #3
pinokio

Thx for the input yachties23. Seems well worth bying one from the US. Must get BOTL to aquire one for me the only problem is customs... Must inform myself first...
Old 09-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation

Just a suggestion...
Unless you personally know someone here that will buy it for you, get involved in the forum, do some trades, bomb some inmates and let us get to know you before asking someone to risk that much $$$ for you.

Also, even without a contract, any us iPhone will be locked to AT&T. There are ways around that, but please keep that in mind.
Sauer Grapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:10 PM   #5
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

There's a website, everythingcafe I think, they always have ads on the top for unlocked iPhones.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:00 PM   #6
pinokio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes View Post
Just a suggestion...
Unless you personally know someone here that will buy it for you, get involved in the forum, do some trades, bomb some inmates and let us get to know you before asking someone to risk that much $$$ for you.

Also, even without a contract, any us iPhone will be locked to AT&T. There are ways around that, but please keep that in mind.
Completely understand your point, although I'm positive there are a few BOTL's here that know me long enough to trust me, on the other hand, never would I ask someone to risk these values for me, I'd prefer to risk myself first by transfering the money first But that's besides the point, this is strictly informative, I have friends coming and going to the US regularly, but logicaly you BOTL's have a more experienced input of reality.

Thanks once again
Old 09-29-2009, 06:31 PM   #7
kayak_rat
Cyclonic Bastard

First Name: Zack
Trading: (0)
Trinidad
kayak_rat will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinokio View Post
Completely understand your point, although I'm positive there are a few BOTL's here that know me long enough to trust me, on the other hand, never would I ask someone to risk these values for me, I'd prefer to risk myself first by transfering the money first But that's besides the point, this is strictly informative, I have friends coming and going to the US regularly, but logicaly you BOTL's have a more experienced input of reality.

Thanks once again
Ciao Pinokio. How is the daughter and the new house( or it was pretty new last we spoke)?? How is your brother doing? I havent caught him on skype in a while.

He was a well known member on CS for quite some time. A very good BOTL and a personal friend.
kayak_rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:51 PM   #8
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinokio View Post
Lets place a 16GB as the wanted unit.
They go for $199 with the contract for a 16 GB now.
I paid $299 at the time.
You can't find them without the contract unless you go Ebay or some form of grey market. In those forums, demand and supply dictates price. I have seen some sell for $400-500, used.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:33 PM   #9
BORIStheBLADE
_

First Name: Mike
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
BORIStheBLADE will become famous soon enough

I was looking for a used one to unlock and use on the tmobile service. A used one goes for $300+.That is a for the 3g. The one thing to be careful of is I heard that the 3g on the At&t is at a different frequency than tmobile. So apparently you wouldn't get 3g in my situation.

So if thats true you might not be able to get 3g service on the network you want to use it on.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:37 AM   #10
pinokio

Thanks for the input you guys .

Quote:
Ciao Pinokio. How is the daughter and the new house( or it was pretty new last we spoke)?? How is your brother doing? I havent caught him on skype in a while.

He was a well known member on CS for quite some time. A very good BOTL and a personal friend.
Hey Kayak, I was wondering where you was
I'll get Junior to sign up here or to get skype up and running. Hope everything is going your way.

Take Care
Old 09-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #11
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayak_rat View Post

My mistake. You know how it's been here before, but obviously that doesn't apply here.
Glad you are here where you belong pinokio.
Sauer Grapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:14 PM   #12
pinokio

Quote:
My mistake. You know how it's been here before, but obviously that doesn't apply here.
Glad you are here where you belong pinokio.
Like I said before, completely understand
Old 09-30-2009, 03:24 PM   #13
Scottastic
ROFLCOPTER

First Name: Scott
Trading: (8)
Partagas
Scottastic will become famous soon enough

Don't get an iPhone from the states!

Here's the problem: getting an iPhone 3GS unlocked is a major pain, and nigh impossible. Even if you do get it unlocked, Europe's 3G frequencies are different from AT&T's, so you probably won't be able to use 3G data speeds with it.

Professional window licker on the short bus.
Scottastic is offline   Reply With Quote