Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 03-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #741
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

What a great picture, Tom.... Awesome!
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #742
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Just popped in to say that even old guys have a "hockey parent".

Me and my Hockey Dad after my team won the men's league championship the other night.

awesome.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #743
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Bought skates for the kid. Hes hitting that point where I will likely be buying skates more then once a year because of growth.

Took a huge gamble and went with these.

Got them in EE(wide for any nn hockey person reading) which I was amazed they made in Youth size 12. I am concearned about the arch in the Bauers as he has no arch like dad. That said many people have reported they were able to get kids who wore Reeboks to wear these. This model the one 100 is actually heat moldable for youths and can allegedly accomodate a high instep. Was going to go with Reeboks but these were cheap as they are 2 years old now so everyone is blowing them out. If they dobt fit I will return and wait till next month when the new Reebok boots release at the middle of the month. Paid less then 70 shipped figured wortg a shot
Old 03-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #744
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Bought skates for the kid. Hes hitting that point where I will likely be buying skates more then once a year because of growth.
Have you looked into any area store that may have a leasing program? That's what I did when my kid started needing more than one pair a year.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #745
herlifebal

thank you for post.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #746
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

All we have here is play it again sports. Given the fact that his foot is a little funky it limits us. The nice thing is he is the oldest of 4 all with the same feet so it may be good in a way. We are starting to swap gear and he has a fair number of older friends as he is playing up and now ending his third year. Got the Bauers today and he liked them. He said he had no hot spots in the foot. Said the ankle was a little different but fine.
Going to get them sharpened tonight and let hin wear them tomorrow night as he has a game.looks like I wont be able to get the heel wedged though so it will be interesting to see hiw he does going from a forward pitch to a nuetral pitch.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:01 PM   #747
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Nice, Mike.... Interested to see how this goes... Jackson is going from G5's to One100's.... Though not that switch, Ab's is going from One60's to 5.0....but D's to EE's....
Old 03-30-2012, 01:03 AM   #748
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
I love it Tom! Did your Dad ever play? Everyone always asks me how Cam got into hockey, did I play, etc etc.

I never played but there are a ton of boys on my kids hockey team who have dads that played.
I don't think my Dad has ever been on skates, Scott, though he has been a hockey fan for life and gave me my love for the game.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #749
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Nice, Mike.... Interested to see how this goes... Jackson is going from G5's to One100's.... Though not that switch, Ab's is going from One60's to 5.0....but D's to EE's....
Hes got a game tonight. Dropped them off last night to get sharpened. They said they would try to wedge the heels, but not sure they could get it done by tonight. Hes a little sick so it may be a interrsting night. Going to trt to get him to skate at pub skate a bit before the game.

After looking at the one100 he should be fine. The Graf 370 is a very deep boot, and definetly deeper and wider then the G5. The one100 is almost as deep as the 370. Deeper then the G5 and about as deep as the 370 . Very glad I went EE though as the boot isnt very wide. Even in EE its slightly narrower then the 370 but he said it was fine.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #750
ahc4353

Great pic Tom!!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #751
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Thanks Al, I don't know who was happier.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:10 AM   #752
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Sitting here killing time....up at 4:30 am to take Jackson to drop in. I have watched SportsCenter, drank a boatload of coffee, read the newspaper & still have 2 hours until I have to take the Little One to school.....

I am interested to see how the first skate with the One100's......
Old 04-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #753
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Said that he didn't notice the pitch much, if at all, and felt he skated well, maybe even better(psychological). Also said his feet hurt like crazy.... Give it a week....
Old 04-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #754
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

My kid hasn't been on the ice in almost 2 weeks. Regular season ended and of course the Spring 4v4 and Spring/Summer Clinic started, which would have had us in the rink 3 times a week.

But...

The kid opted out of Spring hockey (2 days a week) in order to practice and participate in Track this year. He is loving Track and doing well, thanks to the last 3 years of dry-land hockey training, he is very fast.

The weird part is that I miss going to the rink a lot more than I thought I would. I'm having Hockey Parent Withdrawal Symptoms!

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #755
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
I'm having Hockey Parent Withdrawal Symptoms!
Old 04-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #756
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:

Quote:
Said that he didn't notice the pitch much, if at all, and felt he skated well, maybe even better(psychological). Also said his feet hurt like crazy.... Give it a week....
JEEZ where have I heard this before. Hmmmm wait I know I have heard this. ooooooo yeah my kid. First I kept the boots loose because I was worried about foot pain. Said boot too loose, ankles needed to be punched. 6 year old asking to have inner ankle punched. I just sat there with this wtf look on my face. This kid gets run over by a big kid and pops up like nothing. However he is a diva about his skates and will bitc& non stop about them hurting. Day two tighten up the boot. Now I get "dad my foot hurts bad and ankle still hurts." He says he is on his heals too much also. Well atleast they were cheap and I think I can move them for about what I paid. looks like we will just go Reebok like his roller hockey boots or back to the Grafs. I know the Reeboks work. He saw the new 20k and 18k Reeboks. He liked the 18k look. Need to figure this out. That summer team tryout is in a few weeks.

What was funny was his coach sees the skates the first day. Looks at me laughs and says dude thats not going to work. This is his third year coaching my kid and our kids ard friends. I want to give it one more shot. He doesnt want to
Old 04-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #757
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Took him to drop in this morning at 5:00 AM again, waiting to hear how the skates felt today. Assume a little better. Interesting note, a guy that goes to morning drop in commented that he thought Tuesday was the best he’d seen Jackson skate….maybe it wasn’t psychological. He was in new skates, socks and jersey….that with the Caribbean vacation may have just put him in a groove….

Had the High School Hockey year end banquet last night…. Good food, good company and a nice compellation video to put a stamp on the season. Summer season starts in about 6 weeks…….

New stick for the Little One arrived yesterday(replacement for a snapped APX).
Old 04-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #758
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

The other day at baseball practice. flowpsideon. Wife got it cut friday for pictures. Boy is pissed still.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #759
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post

The other day at baseball practice. flowpsideon. Wife got it cut friday for pictures. Boy is pissed still.
Nice pic, Mike.....but you cut off the top explosion of flowpsideon...

How much did she get cut off?
Old 04-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #760
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Yeah I didnt snap it. There is a dad who snaps photos like crazy. Was going to ask him if he had any more. Wife took two inches of back but its still to shoulders and some off sides and top. LM is bent whenever he looks in mirror.