Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #21
3SmokesaRound
CCCC

First Name: Bill
Trading: (48)
RA
3SmokesaRound will become famous soon enough3SmokesaRound will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Need some feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Landmines.

I just laughed my ass off at that one.
3SmokesaRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #22
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Poronico will become famous soon enoughPoronico will become famous soon enough

I would get an estimate for the damages to the vehicles and replacement of lights and lawn materials and present them to the father with a order of trespass. They can either abide by those documents of the children will be cited for disobeying a lawful order and destruction of property. If the father goes off the handle you can file civil grievances against him and things can get REALLY uncomfortable, or if he assaults you then its a WIN WIN.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #23
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
If you are in a HOA, start making noise there.
I was waiting for someone to mention an HOA.

An HOA can wreak all kinds of havoc on the guy,especially with multiple neighbors backing you up.If you are in one of course.
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #24
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Trespassing Warrant on the kids. They have no legality to be on your property. Whatever of theirs touches your property, I would move it into the garage and tell them that their father can pick it up.

Small claims court for damages they have committed and additional small claims courts for whatever you can think of. He'll have to take time out to go to court and that's a pain. If you are in a HOA, start making noise there.

Start being their nightmare. The father is not someone you want to hang around with, so let him feel the pain.
That or the police. I have has Asshat neighbors like that. Damn near impossible to deal with.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #25
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

We are in an HOA community and for the most part they are pretty useless but I have gotten to know some of the people on the Management Company side as I did have the unfortunate experience to do a year and a half on the board until I resigned.(Way too much drama and BS for this guy) I didn't think about going that route figuring they probably wouldn't get involved and direct me to the Police but that is a thought. I will have to call tomorrow. Sad part is I was trying not to be a prick and just deal with the guy one on one hoping dealing with him man to man would have solved the problem. Clearly we were raised very differently. The part that pisses me off the most is how he acts like I am the irrational one which is why I figured I would see how others would react if faced with a similar situation and just see if I was just being that unrealistic.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #26
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

We're just happy you don't have a canine fecal issue. Those are the worst.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #27
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

I love my fence. And I wouldn't hesitate to go outside and "ream" those little youngsters out. Oh and I too would have a nice collection of balls to go to Goodwill.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #28
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
We are in an HOA community and for the most part they are pretty useless but I have gotten to know some of the people on the Management Company side as I did have the unfortunate experience to do a year and a half on the board until I resigned.(Way too much drama and BS for this guy) I didn't think about going that route figuring they probably wouldn't get involved and direct me to the Police but that is a thought. I will have to call tomorrow. Sad part is I was trying not to be a prick and just deal with the guy one on one hoping dealing with him man to man would have solved the problem. Clearly we were raised very differently. The part that pisses me off the most is how he acts like I am the irrational one which is why I figured I would see how others would react if faced with a similar situation and just see if I was just being that unrealistic.
Look in your copy of the bylaws,I'm sure it addresses some of the issues.
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #29
MrClean
Bald Man

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (28)
Montecristo
MrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post

If you get a hold of the soccer ball just put a knife to it.
This!
And then go throw the ball in their yard.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #30
SteelCityBoy
7th Heaven Will Commeth!!

First Name: Ken
Trading: (21)
Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about

Man that sucks. I had some bad A-hole neighbors when I lived in Florida...made life tough once in a while. So, I moved and now I have great neighbors!

Didn't actually move because off the bad neighbors, it was work related but was all around a great decision! Good luck with the whole situation.
SteelCityBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #31
Jasonw560
PhD from Sarcastic State

First Name: Jason
Trading: (0)
Jasonw560 is on a distinguished road

Well, if they abandon their ball, and they keep saying it wasn't them who hit your car and abandoned it, you wouldn't have it in your garage waiting to give to to Goodwill now, would you? Possession is, as the saying goes, 9/10th of the law.

Video of them doing it, estimates on damages, and a call to either Judge Judy or Judge Joe Brown. One of them would tear him a new one.

Short of that, potato gun filled with cow manure, trajectory his beloved truck. That, and a few choice words sprayed in Roundup in his yard.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #32
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

John, sounds like you were raised like those of us with respect and manners were. That's what separates you from the rest of the azzhats in the world. Whatever you do, don't stoop to his level. Be the bigger man. I like the HOA, police, and ball confiscation ideas. No fence - I'm not spending time and money on a fence just to keep kids at bay. I truly feel for you, as your home and property should give you peace. Best of luck. Prayers sent your way.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #33
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjirons69 View Post
John, sounds like you were raised like those of us with respect and manners were. That's what separates you from the rest of the azzhats in the world. Whatever you do, don't stoop to his level. Be the bigger man. I like the HOA, police, and ball confiscation ideas. No fence - I'm not spending time and money on a fence just to keep kids at bay. I truly feel for you, as your home and property should give you peace. Best of luck. Prayers sent your way.
Unless he gets an invisible fence and puts the shock collars on the neighbor's kids

In all seriousness Jaime is right and another option might be Code Enforcement if he is not keeping the house up. Not really a solution but it least you can get him to keep his yard up and cost him a bit of money.
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #34
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Out here in the backwards west, it is common for cities to have a dispute resolution center. I'm lousy at describing these, so I'll just point you to the one for my town. When I was on the HOA board, we often guided neighbors to this service and it seemed to us to be beneficial the majority of the time.

http://www.beavertonoregon.gov/index.aspx?nid=562

Seems to me that your neighbor might not want to participate, but if you start filing police reports for the incidents and damage, he may have no choice.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #35
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
Now am I just being unreasonable here and asking too much?
Doesn't sound like you're being unreasonable to me...

1. Stay away from any violence. Its a no win situation and you don't want to come down to your neighbors level.

2. If Monroe, NC has a city web page, looking up some of the local municipal codes in regards to your issue will be helpful for future reference.

3. I would make sure you document in writing all events up to and including the present (date, time, nature of the issue, photographs are very helpful).

4. From this point on, collect all sporting equipment vacated on your property (evidence and as mentioned above can later be donated to a good cause).

5. With the above in hand, you can then proceed forwards with the HOA board and present your case. The board (and through their attorney) should be able to request the neighbor to come in before them and answer questions (there can also be fines issued to the neighbor which can increase over time).

6. I personally would not hesitate to contact Monroe PD. Once they make contact with the neighbor, it will be documented in their computer system, and possibly via a report.

We live in an HOA townhome type of community here in Valencia (one of the oldest and well established) and we all respect each others property and so forth. Its the only way there is...

Good luck to you
Old 04-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #36
Bruzee
Have My Own Room

First Name: D
Trading: (30)
Partagas
Bruzee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
Doesn't sound like you're being unreasonable to me...

1. Stay away from any violence. Its a no win situation and you don't want to come down to your neighbors level.

2. If Monroe, NC has a city web page, looking up some of the local municipal codes in regards to your issue will be helpful for future reference.

3. I would make sure you document in writing all events up to and including the present (date, time, nature of the issue, photographs are very helpful).

4. From this point on, collect all sporting equipment vacated on your property (evidence and as mentioned above can later be donated to a good cause).

5. With the above in hand, you can then proceed forwards with the HOA board and present your case. The board (and through their attorney) should be able to request the neighbor to come in before them and answer questions (there can also be fines issued to the neighbor which can increase over time).

6. I personally would not hesitate to contact Monroe PD. Once they make contact with the neighbor, it will be documented in their computer system, and possibly via a report.

We live in an HOA townhome type of community here in Valencia (one of the oldest and well established) and we all respect each others property and so forth. Its the only way there is...

Good luck to you
Great answer from a great BOTL! I second his opinion. Good luck brother.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #37
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Trading: (10)
smitty81 has disabled reputation

get protective dog and chain up in front yard.

Put up sign.

Problem solved.
smitty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #38
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

smaller pics next time please.