Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 10-05-2010, 09:32 AM   #41
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough
Default Re: '10-'11 CA Fantasy Hockey Sophomore League

I don't think I fared too badly. Crosby is okay isn't he? I don't know, I am more of a WNBA kinda guy!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:47 AM   #42
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
Trading: (19)
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

Wow.....I got first pick overall. Managing 3 teams this year is going to be crazy. Can't wait for Thursday

GL all!
Old 10-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #43
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsremax View Post
GL all!
Same to you!
Old 10-05-2010, 11:25 AM   #44
GHC_Hambone

Good luck to everyone! Should be a good season.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #45
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
Old Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really nice

Looks good.....GL all!!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #46
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Good luck and more importantly....Have fun!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:26 AM   #47
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

This is my first fantasy league of any kind, where can I find some helpful hints on how to manage my roster?

Like:

Rules on moving players around, and how often I can do this.

How to make a trade.

How to drop or pick up players not drafted, and when.

If I have 2 players in the same position playing on the same day, but one plays at noon and the other at 7:30pm, can I swap them around to take advantage of each player getting points that day?

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:34 AM   #48
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
This is my first fantasy league of any kind, where can I find some helpful hints on how to manage my roster?

Like:

Rules on moving players around, and how often I can do this.

How to make a trade.

How to drop or pick up players not drafted, and when.

If I have 2 players in the same position playing on the same day, but one plays at noon and the other at 7:30pm, can I swap them around to take advantage of each player getting points that day?

Scott,
Define moving players around? Do you mean on your roster?

You can make a trade by proposing which person or people on your team you'd like to trade with another team in our league. If it's approved then it's a go.

You can drop players by going to the top and clicking drop, then check the box of the player, confirm and he's dropped. Same with adding. It automatically takes you do the available players that have not been drafted. You can do this anytime you feel like. I just dropped a defense player as he is out for 4-6 weeks.

You should have at least two slots for C, LW, RW and four slots for D a few slots for UTL, and two for G. If you want to play to players in a position in the same day just move them up to let's say C position and click save. Do this the day before the game though so you have enough time frame.

I hope this helps.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #49
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Specifically I meant:

I have 2 guys, both RWs. One is a Util or Bench player, the other is in the roster. The roster guy plays at noon, and the bench guy plays at 7:30. Can I swap the 2 out after the noon game is over and benefit from both players?

Old 10-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #50
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Specifically I meant:

I have 2 guys, both RWs. One is a Util or Bench player, the other is in the roster. The roster guy plays at noon, and the bench guy plays at 7:30. Can I swap the 2 out after the noon game is over and benefit from both players?
You should have two spots for RWs. Move your guy that is on Util or Bench to the empty RW spot or you can leave him in Util and his stats will count (I do believe).
Old 10-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #51
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
You should have two spots for RWs. Move your guy that is on Util or Bench to the empty RW spot or you can leave him in Util and his stats will count (I do believe).
*IF* my only option is to swap 2 guys, will that work?

I had BOTH RWs in late games, and one benched RW with an early game. Wanted to make use of ALL of them.

What about dropping a player on IR? and adding one to replace him. Does that take place immediately or at the end of the day?

Old 10-09-2010, 12:56 AM   #52
GHC_Hambone

Quote:

I had BOTH RWs in late games, and one benched RW with an early game. Wanted to make use of ALL of them.

What about dropping a player on IR? and adding one to replace him. Does that take place immediately or at the end of the day?
Once a player begins a game, he is locked in and you cant move him that day. So say you have 3 RWs and 2 RW spots, if one player plays an early game you cant swap him out for a later game.

Dropping and adding usually takes a day or two. Not sure the exact length but it will tell you before you confirm it. Also, our league has an IR spot on the bench. If a player is on the real-life IR, you can move him to the IR spot on your bench and add a new player without dropping one. However, when this injured player recovers and you want to bring him back, you must drop a player to conform to the legal roster size.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:03 AM   #53
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

Partagas

Quote:

So you have 3 RWs and two RW positions. Leave two assigned to RW positions and the other RW put in the UTIL position and he will count for that.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:05 AM   #54
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

Partagas

Here's to Jimmy Howard getting me my first SO of the season! I went from second to last to first place with last nights games. I hope it stays this way for the season but it's a long season!
Old 10-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #55
SilverFox

Crap I forgot entirely about this and didn't rank my draft...........oh well play the cards I was dealt.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:16 AM   #56
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
Here's to Jimmy Howard getting me my first SO of the season! I went from second to last to first place with last nights games. I hope it stays this way for the season but it's a long season!
The standings will jump around like crazy for the first several weeks, Andrew.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:55 AM   #57
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
The standings will jump around like crazy for the first several weeks, Andrew.
Oh I know. Being a sophomore and all I'm used to going from bottom to top to inbetween.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #58
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Well... as of right now I am at the top. Certainly don't expect to stay there, but at least I got to try it on for a bit.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #59
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
Trading: (19)
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
Well... as of right now I am at the top. Certainly don't expect to stay there, but at least I got to try it on for a bit.

I need more nights like last night. 23 points got me to the number 3 spot (for now).
Old 10-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #60
SilverFox

Hmmmmmm LeClair injured..............imagine that.