Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-08-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
colinb913
Workin' at a Cigar Shop

First Name: Colin
Trading: (1)
Partagas
colinb913 is on a distinguished road
Default Venting anda question..

Long story short, I got into a minor fender bender at the mall today. Fine, everything is taken care of.

Now, there was this group of kids whom as soon as I stepped foot out of my car started screaming my name, alright, minor annoyance. I told them to mind their own business and go away (they never asked if me or Emily were okay.)

Later the night I get a phone call telling me one of the kids posted this all over facebook, that Emily and I cussed him out, after he asked if we were ok, which never happened, which really ticked me off.. They also proceeded to explain how awful people me and Emily are.

Alright, a little later (10ish) over the course of 25 minutes, I recieved 1001 text messages, yes one thousand and one, that all read "Wreck." Called the police and claimed harassment, and found out they couldn't do anything at all for me. I mean really?! Getting all the text messages in such short of a span of time rendered my phone useless and I had to use Emilys phone to call the police..

Is that not harassment, and should I not be able to call the police over such a matter? Should the police do more than tell me to turn my phone off?! Maybe I am completely wrong here, but I needed to vent somewhere. Parent's just say ignore it. I can't!! Come on now!!

Any ways, thanks for reading, and if you'd like to add your by all means go ahead.

Was I right to call the police? A thousand texts is a little excessive don't you think? I am going to go to my principal Monday morning, and see if he can't help me out at all, as me and him are pretty tight (in a good way).

P.S. Emily is my girlfriend for those of you that don't know. :P
Old 10-08-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: Venting anda question..

I would call my phone provider and have the numbers blocked.

But yeah a lot of times you call the police, and it seems like you should, they can't do a damn thing about it.

This has happened to me several times. Oh well. Maybe one of our resident 5-0 can explain the reasoning with your situation on why they couldn't/wouldn't help.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
colinb913
Workin' at a Cigar Shop

First Name: Colin
Trading: (1)
Partagas
colinb913 is on a distinguished road

I plan on calling tomorrow. Emilys brother knows who's number it is, and I know who posted the stuff on facebook, so hopefully I can do something about it, I just feel so defeated right now. (Sorry don't mean to sound *****y)
Old 10-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #4
Drez
The Warden

First Name: Frank
Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

ok ive had a couple calls where people came to complain that they were being harassed by someone. we cannot really do anything unless we can prove who is harassing you. the times i have had these calls the "text bombs" are sent from a web site or phone app.

while it is annoying and childish there really is nothing we can do. if this happened once then just move on. if it keeps happening then contact your phone provider and see about getting that phone number blocked or changing the number.

you can also contact facebook and ask them to remove the post. they might be able to help you out there.

i know for the few harassment cases ive had its normally a ex BF/GF who writes letters, stops by the house or work or calls multiple times over the course of a week or 2.

i really wish i could help brother but to be honest they didnt harass you they just annoyed you. let it go and smoke a stick and forget about them. glad everyone was ok and it was only a minor crash.

btw just a disclaimer i am in no way, shape or form offering legal advise. i am not a lawyer and am offering my opinion

They aren't going to multiply....burn that b!tch!
Drez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:57 PM   #5
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb913 View Post
I plan on calling tomorrow. Emilys brother knows who's number it is, and I know who posted the stuff on facebook, so hopefully I can do something about it, I just feel so defeated right now. (Sorry don't mean to sound *****y)
let the fb stuff go, who cares. go to your local cell store and get the numbers blocked or disable texting all together. if you and your gf have smart phones just use whatsapp. As to why the cops didn't help you, maybe there was nothing they could do, maybe they didn't want to. either way they're under no duty to protect you
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:19 AM   #6
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

Silly as it sounds, they used an App to send your 1001 "wreck" txts. Its called a txt bomb and there are apps for that. There are also apps to catch it and ignore it for you though. I know for sure on android, idk about iphone.