Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #1321
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: NHL 2013 Thread

Ok just one ..

Old 06-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #1322
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Congrats to the Bs fans, they dominated the OT and it seemed like they were destined to win. Best of 5 now, Boys.

Crawford was awesome, I feel bad for him.

Funny note....got a heavy downpour during the OT, and my DirecTV went out for about 45 seconds. When it came back, first thing I saw was Shawn Thornton celebrating. It's like the gods conspired to spare me from watching the goal live. And I thank them.

Monday can't come soon enough...Let's Go Hawks!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 06-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #1323
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

LOL! Hmm well there are Hockey Gods .. I guess they have DirectTV Gods too and they have an in with the Chicago branch of hockey Gods .. or something .. lol it's been a long night

p.s. I still have a hard time liking Rask
Old 06-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #1324
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
LOL! Hmm well there are Hockey Gods .. I guess they have DirectTV Gods too and they have an in with the Chicago branch of hockey Gods .. or something .. lol it's been a long night

p.s. I still have a hard time liking Rask
It's a shame, I am loving Corey Crawford.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 06-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #1325
AdamJoshua

I'm afraid if i turn around and like him I'll jinx it. *knocks on the coffee table leg*

Fun video .. ok bruins fan homer video, it's the NHL "I was there" video for the 3 goal come back / OT Win game, all home shot videos and interviews with the people in them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDtWR7IKZb4
Old 06-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #1326
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
I'm afraid if i turn around and like him I'll jinx it. *knocks on the coffee table leg*

Fun video .. ok bruins fan homer video, it's the NHL "I was there" video for the 3 goal come back / OT Win game, all home shot videos and interviews with the people in them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDtWR7IKZb4
Please forgive me if I choose to wait for Monday for hockey, Adam.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:12 PM   #1327
AdamJoshua

I'm a win high gotta live for the moment, but I get ya!
Old 06-15-2013, 11:23 PM   #1328
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Old 06-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #1329
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

So far shaping up to be one of the best cup series. Each game is so close.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:28 AM   #1330
AdamJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post

more like

vs

Point Boston.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:42 AM   #1331
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

I've come to be a Bs fan over the past 7 or 8 years, though I by no means live & die with them. It's a good thing: this series has got to be taking years off the life expectancies of both Hawks & Bs fans alike.

The hockey fan without a rooting interest is getting everything they could want in this Cup.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:40 AM   #1332
AdamJoshua

I know a couple people here in SD that aren't really hockey fans at all that have been glued to the t.v., game one sucked them in, people that really had no idea how tough, fast and exciting hockey is are all texting and posting me asking questions about the game, different rules, they are all getting hooked. This is really what the NHL needed after a crappy lockout shortened season. Hopefully they can build off of this.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #1333
kugie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Joe
Trading: (3)
kugie will become famous soon enough

What a game last night! The way the Hawks came out of the gate was stifling.
Hitting, shooting, fore check you name it.
The B's were back on their heels.
But it looked like the Hawks punched themselves out of the game they gave it all they had in the first two periods and did not have enough left for the 3rd and overtime

Monday is going to be great I have my sons spring hockey game 6-7 get home in time for the drop of the puck.

Wednesday is going to be epic. I'm going to my first Stanley cup playoff finals game.
And even better The ticket was FREE!

I don't mean to brag but I am so psyched
Old 06-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #1334
AdamJoshua

How does a +12 rating win you the Norris??? What a joke.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:46 AM   #1335
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
I've come to be a Bs fan over the past 7 or 8 years, though I by no means live & die with them. It's a good thing: this series has got to be taking years off the life expectancies of both Hawks & Bs fans alike.

The hockey fan without a rooting interest is getting everything they could want in this Cup.
It may be taking years off my life but damn the elevated heart rate must be good for something! Die hard Hawks fan since the days after the Indianapolis Racers folded. Best finals I have seen since then and its only two games so far!
Old 06-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #1336
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Enjoy the Game, Joe, nothing like a Finals game in person.

Adam, those you described are fair-weather fans. They are "hooked" for the last part of the ride to a potential Cup, and will be "unhooked" as soon as the celebration is over.

Damn stupid Sundays! Bring on Monday!

Old 06-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #1337
AdamJoshua

I agree Tom but the NHL has to get fans some how, if a few here and there stick the league is better off, hell LA Just won the cup and they are only 2 hours up the road and still very few fans in these parts. For me they are the best pro-sports league they really need to work on their fan base, of course this is nothing they don't know, but a lockout certainly doesn't help.

You'd think they would learn from the MLB, Toronto won 2 championships in a row, there was a lock out and they are STILL paying for it, for years after the lockout they couldn't give away tickets in Toronto and they had a championship team.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #1338
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I get what you are saying, Adam, if one in 20 remains a fan, the NHL is still better off than they were before.

I got a little aggravated in 2010 when all these people who never gave a sh!t about hockey were telling me they got to see the Cup here pr there. At least it motivated me, and I got snuck into the Hawks' President's private party and gave her a kiss.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #1339
AdamJoshua

LOL never got my pic with the cup (or saw it in person) but did get it with the World Series Trophy the first when they won it in 2004, at the time that was a bigger deal
Old 06-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #1340
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Bruins keeping the Hawks to the outside and completely dominating defensively through 2. Hawks need to get inside the B's D in the 3rd to have any chance.

Closed Thread