Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 05-25-2009, 07:13 AM   #1
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Over-the-Top Wine Evening!

Last Tuesday, 10 of us celebrated a friend’s 40th birthday party. Dinner was at Clio in Boston which is one the fancier places around. We had a tasting menu of 7 or 8 courses along with wine that we supplied for the evening. Here are some pictures of the exclusive bottles we drank from!

3 Liter bottle of Dom Perignon 1995. I believe this may be the first of “Jero’s” for DP. This was the bottle we drank before sitting at our table. Great bottle, slightly sweeter than I prefer with Champagne, but who am I to complain? Welcome bottle in any time!

While seated, we drank two 3 Liter bottles of Henriot Vintage Champagne 1982. Well aged and a joy to drink. More to my liking than the DP, but if we had ’82 DP, I may be singing a different song. Sorry, no pictures of these two.

Our first red wine when seated for the celebration was a 5 Liter bottle of Dujac Saint Denis 1990! This is one of Burgundy’s best and it certainly lived up to expectations. Very jammy with lots of cherry notes.

Our main dinner wine was a 5 Liter bottle of Mouton Rothschild 1986. Pure classis Bordeaux all the way! I know, it’s not ’82, but everyone has a budget, right? The ’82 Mouton would come later that night at the post party. Pictured below is the bottle of Mouton Rothschild 1982. One of the best there is and easy to see why. Some much going on in this bottle and pure Bordeaux heaven!

Also pictured are 3 Liter bottle of Tertre Roteboeuf 1998 and a wonderful 1.5 Liter bottle of Lansen Vintage Champagne 1982. We enjoyed Ramon Allones Gigantes and Montecristo Sublimes with them. A couple of people were smoking Trinidad Fundadores from the 50 Cab.

Italian wine fans should dig this (if the previous pictures did not pique your interest. This was an outstanding bottle of Conterno Barolo Riserva 1971. Wow is all I got to say. On par with Mouton Rothschild 1982 as not many are drinking such old Barolos that are good… I guess that true for the Mouton? I have only had a handful of ’82 Moutons.

Oh yes, I can not forget this one! Pictured below is a bottle of Henri Jayer Echezeaux Grand Cru 1991! Yup, as wonderful as you could imagine! At this point in the evening 3:00 AM, is probably not the time to be critical as we’ve been drinking since 6:30 and now I have had a few cigars. The best part was only 4 of us were drinking the heavy hitter red’s after dinner. Everyone else only knew about the Champagne!

I hope my 40th birthday can live up to this night, but that is a near impossible feat with what we drank. Other wines that were enjoyed, but not pictured were two bottles of Chateau d'Yqeum 1971 and one bottle of Grahams Vintage Port 1948.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:30 AM   #2
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Over-the-Top Wine Evening!

Wow..Just wow Moses...thanks for sharing!
Old 05-25-2009, 08:53 AM   #3
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

That's crazy stuff, man--I love reading your threads like this. Awe inspiring Sounds like a great evening!

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:58 AM   #4
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Man what a night!
Old 05-25-2009, 09:07 AM   #5
SmokinApe
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeremy
Trading: (35)
Bolivar
SmokinApe has a spectacular aura aboutSmokinApe has a spectacular aura about

SmokinApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:56 PM   #6
landhoney
Mr. Charisma

First Name: Seth
Trading: (32)
landhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura about

Amazing selection. If anyone is curious, that is at least $10,000 worth of wine, probably closer to $15K I think. Correct Moses?
landhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:00 PM   #7
SeanGAR
Crotchety Geezer

Trading: (3)
SeanGAR has disabled reputation

WOW .... man, what a night!
Old 05-25-2009, 05:49 PM   #8
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by landhoney View Post
Amazing selection. If anyone is curious, that is at least $10,000 worth of wine, probably closer to $15K I think. Correct Moses?
Ya, I would think close to the 15K mark. I am curious because I know we had multiples of Chateau d'Yqeum, perhaps four or five bottles. Who knows?
Old 05-25-2009, 06:43 PM   #9
BengalMan
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ian
Trading: (10)
Cohiba
BengalMan will become famous soon enoughBengalMan will become famous soon enough

Oh my!
BengalMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #10
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Wife enjoyed your pics.
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:13 PM   #11
GhostRyder
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Sam
Trading: (2)
GhostRyder is on a distinguished road

Damnnn... that loks delicious though.
GhostRyder is offline   Reply With Quote