Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2021, 11:07 AM   #1
gravel
Still Washing My Back

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (3)
HdM
gravel will become famous soon enough
Default It’s Been a Few Years

Hello brothers!

I never got truly established here before some significant work/life changes occurred. I see the last post I made was in May 2015. At that time I had just enrolled full time in seminary (graduated with a M.Div in August 2018). I figured with evenings free and a full day of instruction on Mondays, I could knock it out in a few years. What I didn’t anticipate was the church where I was an executive pastor also asked me to reach back into my far past and take on the youth group too. For a few years I had both roles (full time), school (full time), and a family and all the events that occur with that. Needless to say, I had very thin margins.

Overtime I was able to move a considerable amount off my plate as my church didn’t want me to burnout. In a show of generosity, the leadership gave me a paid sabbatical starting this October and the church whole heartedly approved.

Over the years I’ve been absent, I’ve had opportunity to reach into my tupperdor and light up a cigar provided in an embarrassingly generous newb bomb I received here. When I have, I thought of this place fondly.

I’ll be around going forward. I’m still astonished by the crazy amount of information around here!

Geoff
gravel is offline   Reply With Quote