Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-04-2009, 05:48 AM   #41
mikeyj23
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (10)
HUpmann
mikeyj23 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Does anyone hate Verizon Wireless like I do?

I got a replacement phone a few months ago due to a crack in the outer casing - it wasn't a warranty-type issue, and they didn't have this as a common problem on record, but they volunteered to send me a new one via 2-day. I received the phone and promptly forgot to send back my old one (in the pre-paid box/label). After a few weeks, I finally remembered and sent it back. Lo and behold, a $449.99 charge shows up on my Verizon bill. I called, explained the situation and the CS representative asked for the tracking number. Well I certainly didn't think to save that - I had just dropped the kit and kaboodle off at Pack and Ship and let them take care of it (for free, of course).

The Verizon guy on the phone told me he'd send the inquiry to the warehouse and have them try to find my returned phone. Three days later, I get a call from the same Verizon guy telling me they'd found the phone and deducted the amount from my bill. Easy peasy.

On the flip side, in my old house I didn't get Verizon service whatsoever. The house and neighborhood just seemed like a giant dead spot. I called repeatedly asking what the deal was, and nobody ever had an answer for me. The only solution I ever got with that one was - "well, do you want to get out of your contract?" No, no I don't. I just want service where I live.

Overall I've had pretty good experience with Verizon - both wireless and FiOS. They seem to resolve issues pretty quickly for me and want to find a solution. The only reason I'd change is for a cheaper plan elsewhere or an iPhone.
mikeyj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:33 PM   #42
TheRiddick
Non-believer

First Name: Greg
Trading: (7)
TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough

Had same issue with them not shutting off texting when requested. What I found works with them, is that instead of calling you go to the nearest Verizon B&M and discuss this with the manager. Worked for me, they took the charges off, reset the features per my instructions and since then I had no problems with them. Calling them is probably a waste of time as you also found out.

Reception wise, they are simply unbeatable, IMO. Been with them since '92, back then it was GTE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I have struggled with Verizon for years. My bill is always overcharged, I have to call them every month, and I seem to always end up "stuck" with them, because everyone I know has Verizon.
Back in February I bought a new phone and it died in three days.
I called, spent the customary two hours on the phone with them, and they sent me a new phone.
I sent the old one back the same day, kept the tracking number and shipping receipt, they received it two days later.
Three months later I get billed for $269.99 for the phone.

Now, mind ya, I have a history with these people. For some reason at one time (a couple years ago), I absolutely could not get them to shut data services off on my phones. Kids, ya know? They kept running up the bill. I told them it was shut off because Verizon told me it was. It took 6 months, dozens of calls, and I ended up finally paying the final 200 bucks of charges that were because they didn't do their job when I asked. They just refused to shut off the data services.
Ultimately I got it all shut down, but they hadn't forgiven the final 200 bucks worth of charges.
It was that or my sanity, so I just paid it.

Back to the $269.99 phone thing...
I just talked to Verizon Wireless today. They said they'd forward the matter to the something or other resolution department and they'd get back to me in three to five days.
I asked if something I had said earlier in the conversation had given them the inclination that I was somehow severely retarded, leading me to believe, that in fact, my call would be returned when it never has been in the past.
That pretty much ended that conversation.
Probably cost me $269.99, too.
I hate those lying bastages. I'd like to punch Verizon in the face.
TheRiddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:31 PM   #43
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Welp, Verizon never called back.
They said three to five days.
I gave them 20. When the first girl answered, i blathered some mean stuff and she sent me to the right girl.
When that girl answered, she asked what I'd like her to do.
I said "I'd like to have an apology for being lied to by verizon, I'd like the $269.99 removed from my bill immediately, I'd like to know why exactly I hadn't been contacted as I'd been told, I'd like to know why the fee hadn't been removed as I'd been told it would, and I'd like for Verizon to pull it's head out of it's ass."
After a moment of silence, I got everything I asked for, an extra $11.24 removed from my bill, and a positive assurance that Verizon will never remove their head from their ass. I decided to cut my losses and accept the proposed deal.
Before the call was done, Jasmine and I were pretty good buds and she's been up my way visiting quite a bit. She was a nice girl.
She even helped me figure out that I can't cheapen up my plan, but I can get a whole bunch of free phones I don't need, and I can stay on the phone pretty much 24/7 if I want because of the plan I have, and the fact that I can do friends and family stuff I didn't know how to do.
If I wasn't old and lazy, I think I'd like to sex Jasmine up. Just on principle.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #44
Nabinger16
Drowning Ex Gorilla

First Name: Trent
Trading: (8)
Partagas
Nabinger16 is on a distinguished road

I absolutely hate Verizon Wireless and I've never even been a customer of theirs. A number of years ago I received a collection notice from a collection agency stating I own Verizon $24. I've never even been a customer of theirs! I called the collection agency, Verizon, credit bureaus fought with Verizon for over a year, and was never successful in getting it off my credit report. Verizon admitted they have no record of me, but they couldn't rule out I didn't own money to one of the smaller companies they bought out. I've only ever had one cellular company (Centennial Wireless), I've been with them for well over 10 years, and I've never been late on my bills with them. The BS claim has fallen off my credit report finally, but only because it was more then 7 years. Now don't get me started on disputing wrong information on your credit report either!

Verizon Wireless sucks ass! They pissed with my credit for 7 years over $24 that I didn't even owe them! I would be damned before I pay money to some business that I don't owe even if it is just a lousy 24 bucks!

Scott, I'm glad you finally got a decent solution to your issue, but rest assured your next headache is just one Verizon problem away.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #45
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I got an ammended bill yesterday that still showed the $269.99, but removed $11.00.
I checked #BAL this morning and my balance is $131. So it's finally fixed.
Took lees than a month and less than seven conversations.
Not bad.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:27 AM   #46
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

So, Jasmine...
Old 06-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #47
White97Jimmy
Puff on this

First Name: James
Trading: (1)
RA
White97Jimmy is on a distinguished road

F-Verizon. T-Mo FTW!
White97Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:55 PM   #48
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough

Love Verizon, will have to ask for Jasmine.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #49
rack04
Lebowski Urban Achiever

First Name: Justin
Trading: (20)
HUpmann
rack04 will become famous soon enoughrack04 will become famous soon enough

The ONLY reason I have of hating Verizon is that I'm under contract and I want the iPhone.