Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-08-2022, 04:07 AM   #4061
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0410 as always and it's Friday! We had a good time at Aroma last night, the usual suspects were out and about having a good time and smoking top shelf cigars. The NY Rangers won 3 - 0 and the NY Mets won 5 - 1 as well. The Yankees will start their season today with the first pitch thrown at 1305 (1:05 PM), "Lets Go Yankees". The NASCAR drivers are in Martinsville, VA this weekend; they raced the Camping World Truck Series last night and will be racing tonight as well as tomorrow evening in the Xfinity and Cup Series'. With all this weekend's sports to enjoy watching, we're still going out to enjoy a couple cold ones. We picked "The Hudson House and Distillery in West Park, NY:

https://www.thehudsonhouseny.com/

I hope you all have a great weekend and get to enjoy a favorite or two as well.........
Old 04-11-2022, 04:01 AM   #4062
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday. We had a great weekend filled with friends and family throughout. We had a great day Saturday at the Hudson House taking the tour, sipping on some top shelf bourbon, rye, vodka and then dinner to follow. Yesterday, we went to one of our nephew's home and celebrated a 10th birthday for a great nephew. Congrats to the Yankees for taking 2 out of 3 games this weekend from the Red Sox, keep it up fellas. The NY Rangers are now locked in to the playoffs, LGR! Enjoy your week everyone......
Old 04-12-2022, 03:38 AM   #4063
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's looking like we'll have a beautiful day here in the Hudson Valley. A morning Spring shower then sun in the afternoon with temps in the upper 60s. The Yankees lost last night 3 - 0 against the Blue Jays, let go fellas and beat them tonight. Enjoy all and remember to be safe out there........
Old 04-13-2022, 03:53 AM   #4064
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0410 as always and it's already "Hump Day". Congrats to the Yankees on their win last night over the Blue Jays with a final score of 4 - 0. These two teams will be back at it again tonight with the first pitch being thrown at 1905 (7:05 PM). Lets go Yankees! Enjoy your day everyone and I hope you get to smoke a favorite as well.......
Old 04-14-2022, 03:45 AM   #4065
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Thursday which means we'll be at the Aroma Cigar Room this evening relaxing and smoking some of our favorite cigars. The Yankees came up short last night losing 6 - 4 to the Blue Jays. They'll play each other again tonight and hopefully the Yankees win and split this series, no harm no foul. I hope you all have a great day and we see a few of the local S/BOTL tonight........
Old 04-15-2022, 04:02 AM   #4066
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's Friday! We had a good time last night at Aroma, the crew was out and we were enjoying smoking top shelf stogies. Congrats to the Yankees on their 3 - 0 win, onto Baltimore to take on the Orioles this weekend. The NASCAR drivers are in Bristol, TN this weekend racing on dirt both Saturday and Sunday evenings:

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...eekend-format/

Enjoy your Easter weekend everyone and I hope you get to smoke a couple of your favorites throughout it.......
Old 04-18-2022, 03:32 AM   #4067
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday already. We had a great weekend, Friday night we sat around the fire pit and relaxed; spent Saturday at the Aroma Cigar Room with the fellas smokin' and jokin'; and then yesterday a group of us went to the Magnanini Winery for their 6 course Easter Dinner family style:

https://magwine.com/

Enjoy your week all, I hope you get to enjoy a favorite or two throughout it.......
Old 04-19-2022, 03:24 AM   #4068
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0400 today (a few minutes earlier than normal), and it's raining all night here in the Hudson Valley. The reason why the earlier start this morning at West Point is we have to be in and set up by 0700 (7 AM) for COVID observation/testing again. The Orange County COVID level is back up to "medium" and most likely a result of Spring Break. There's no requirement for masking yet (that gets turned on if we get to the "High" status). The only folks that have to self test are the unvaccinated and currently that number is 52. Anyway, enjoy everyone and be careful out there.......
Old 04-20-2022, 03:26 AM   #4069
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's already "Hump Day". Today is "Day 2" of testing as the Department of Defense's policy states that you have to test the unvaccinated twice a week within a 72 hour period. Congrats to the Yankees on their win last night over the Tigers. These two team will be back at it again tonight in Detroit and hopefully the Bombers put up another "W". I hope you all have a great day and enjoy.......
Old 04-21-2022, 03:30 AM   #4070
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as usual and it's Thursday which means we'll be at the Aroma Cigar Room this evening smoking top shelf cigars. Congrats to the Yankees on another win last night, they'll be back at it again today at 1310 (1:10 PM) in Detroit against the Tigers. I hope everyone has a great day and we see a few of the S/BOTL tonight........
Old 04-22-2022, 03:54 AM   #4071
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a good night at Aroma, a number of the regulars were out and enjoying great cigars and catching up on the world's news. Sports wise, the Yankees lost yesterday in Detroit 3 - 0, they had a bad 8th inning. They'll be home this evening taking on the Cleveland Guardians (no longer the Indians) starting at 1905 (7:05 PM). The NASCAR drivers are in Talladega, AL this weekend racing tomorrow and on Sunday. The NY Rangers only have a few games left in the regular season and the NHL will begin the Playoffs. Lets Go Rangers! On a non-sport issue, we'll be working this Saturday as well as next Saturday in the EOC being that there's a lot going at West Point between sporting and competitive military events. One good thing is that it'll help pay for our vacation to Key West in June. Anyway, enjoy all and I hope you get to smoke a favorite or two or.......
Old 04-25-2022, 03:42 AM   #4072
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's back to work Monday already. Even though I had to work on Saturday, we had a nice weekend overall. The Yankees swept the Cleveland Guardians and Ross Chastain takes the checkered flag in yesterday NASCAR race:

https://www.nascar.com/video/franchi...econd-of-2022/

Have a great week everyone and remember to be safe out there........
Old 04-26-2022, 03:48 AM   #4073
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's looking like we're going have a wet one today and that's it until next week according to NOAA:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...9#.Yme9Ph0pCi4

Hopefully the Yankees can get their game in this evening against to Orioles with the first pitch being thrown at ~1905 (7:05 PM). In reference to this year's Quad State Herf, I'm starting to send out sponsorship letters and we already have sponsors signing on board which is great. Anyway, I hope you all have a great day and enjoy.........
Old 04-27-2022, 03:40 AM   #4074
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0410 as normal and it's already "Hump Day". Congrats to the Yankees on their win last night over the Orioles and to Anthony Rizzo for his first time three homer game:

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/ant...in-yankees-win

These two teams will be back at it tonight and lets hope the results are the same. Enjoy everyone.........
Old 04-28-2022, 02:23 AM   #4075
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0345 as we have to be at West Point by 0530 up and running. We have a long day in the EOC today as we'll be hot until 1800 (6 PM) and then on stand-by as well on night. I'm still heading to the Aroma Cigar Room after work as I'm only a phone call away. Congrats to the Yankees on another win last night, these two teams will play a day game today starting at 1305 (1:05 PM). I hope you all have a great day and we see a few of the local S/BOTL this evening........
Old 04-29-2022, 02:57 AM   #4076
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's another early day at the West Point EOC. We had a good night at Aroma (even though it was only a couple of hours). Congrats to the Yankees with another win yesterday and for sweeping the Orioles with a 10 - 5 victory. The Yankees will take on the Royals in KC this weekend and the NASCAR racers are down in Dover, DE. Have a great weekend everyone and enjoy........
Old 05-02-2022, 03:50 AM   #4077
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday already. We had a great weekend even though the EOC was open late Friday evening and all day on Saturday. Congrats to the Yankees as they swept the Royals and now they take on the Blue Jays in Toronto. The NASCAR race only got 76 laps in until the rains came and will resume today at 1200 (noon) on FS1. I hope you all have a great week, enjoy a couple of your favorites and remember to be safe out there........
Old 05-03-2022, 03:51 AM   #4078
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as usual and it's looking like we'll have two more wet day here in the Hudson Valley according to NOAA:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...4#.YnD6VB0pCi4

Congrats to the Yankees on their 10th win in a row, keep it up fellas and do it again this evening. Enjoy everyone........
Old 05-04-2022, 03:53 AM   #4079
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0410 as always and it's already "Hump Day". Congrats to the Yankees on another big win last night over the Blue Jays with a final score of 9 - 1. These two teams will be back at it tonight starting at 1907 (7:07 PM) in Toronto. Have a great day all and enjoy a favorite or two if you get the chance........
Old 05-05-2022, 03:56 AM   #4080
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and a happy Cinco de Mayo to everyone. This evening, a group of us are going out to one of our favorite Mexican restaurants in the area to celebrate, El Jalapeno Charro: https://www.eljalapenocharro.com/

The Yankees came up short last night loosing 2 - 1 to the Blue Jays ending the winning streak at 11 games. The Bombers are off today and will be taking on the Texas Rangers back at home in the Bronx. Enjoy everyone and remember to be safe out there.......