Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-18-2016, 07:22 AM   #1
Garbandz
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tom
Trading: (53)
Garbandz will become famous soon enough
Default Aguila Cigars from Switzerland.......

Yesterday I tried the Aguila robusto, heckuva stick. Showed much better than I expected.

Same huge aromas, with no break in the flavors from start to finish.

Construction was spot on, great burn to the nub.

Flavorful but not overpowering ,compelling aromas of spice, but not peppery on the palate. Smooth finish with lingering flavors.

My kind of smoke, fits my profile and gives me a really good alternative to CCs.
Garbandz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 05:30 PM   #2
OnePyroTec
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Wayne
Trading: (2)
Cohiba
OnePyroTec will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Aguila Cigars from Switzerland.......

Some of these showed up in my mail box, I'll be giving them a whirl later this week.
OnePyroTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:42 PM   #3
OnePyroTec
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Wayne
Trading: (2)
Cohiba
OnePyroTec will become famous soon enough

Aguila Robusto

Most everyone who knows me, know I do not do a lot of cigar reviews and when I do, I do not pick out every little flavor some may find in a cigar. I only do the basics.

99% of what I buy are CC’s with a few select NC’s mixed in for good measure. (anything in the Illusione line-ups)

I was recently gifted a Nicaraguan Aguila Robusto. This cigar is an exclusive from a famous Swiss e-tailer. There is not a lot of information to go on for these cigars.

The construction on this cigar is simply fantastic. Very firm with no soft spots. The wrappers are beautiful with no visible defects. These was an ever so faint crease down the sides from the molds. The only part I would knock a point of would be the extremely easy draw the cigar had. I didn’t expect that with how firm the cigar felt. I personally like more a little more resistance in the draw.

Upon lighting the cigar, POW! This hit me in the face with all sorts of goodness. Almost brought a tear to my eye and reminded me NOT to exhale through my nose right away with a cigar I am not familiar with. By no means is this a one dimensional cigar, for the flavor pickerouters, this one is a must.

The flavors had subtle changes from start to finish, and a short while in, I was able to exhale through the nose without worrying about tears forming. LOL The burn was almost perfect from start to finish. It only got a bit out of shape at about the first third mark. It was only about 2mm crooked and corrected itself once again to a perfect burn. Also, I set it down for several minutes at one point for a test, and when I picked up, it was still smoking.

I have a different rating/grading scale for cigars. With “my” scale, I’d give these a solid 4 stars ****
*=never again
**=smoke another if gifted
***=would trade for or buy singles sometimes
****=would buy a box
OnePyroTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:45 AM   #4
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Nice reviews Tom and Wayne. I agree
Old 11-18-2016, 12:36 PM   #5
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Any Updates On The Correct Link On Where To Get These? Thanks!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:46 PM   #6
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

PM sent...