Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
shopkins82
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
shopkins82 is on a distinguished road
Default New to pipes - looking for something sweet

I'm new to pipe smoking in general. I've been smoking cigars off-and-on for several years and more earnestly (daily during the week) for the past 4-5 months. I smoke mostly sweet-tip cigars like Drew Estate Naturals, Baccarat, Flor de Oliva natural, Diamondback, etc.

I've decided to experiment with pipe smoking as well mainly out of curiosity but also in conjunction with some great memories of the scent of my uncle's cherry pipe smoke.

As suggested, I've started out with a Missouri Meerschaum Legend and a pouch of Prince Albert. I don't think I'm having much problem packing & lighting, but the taste seems fairly dry with a little bit of an ashy aftertaste, almost like the one cigarette I've smoked in my entire life.

I'm looking for something sweeter, moister, heavier, and with more flavor... though what particular flavor I'm unsure. Any suggestions, either OTC or otherwise? I would guess one of the Captain Black blends, Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic, or something like that? I picked up 1oz of a few different flavored aromatics from a local smoke shop, but I'm going to sit on those until I hear what you guys suggest for a beginner like myself.

Thanks in advance!
shopkins82 is offline   Reply With Quote