Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2013, 02:41 AM   #1
ColdCuts
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dave
Trading: (10)
HUpmann
ColdCuts will become famous soon enough
Question Is there such a thing as a good tabletop cutter?

I've got a Palio (terrific) and a Xikar 009 Punch (also terrific, if not a little heavy), but I'd like to have a good-looking, functional desktop cutter.

Is there such a thing??

A CA search came up with only good-natured Palio vs. Xikar pissing matches. A Google turned up a handful, but not without their problems. There was a handsome desktop cutter by a company called Boston Cigar Cutter Company, but sadly they seem to have gone tits up. Maybe they didn't work as well as they look. The other desktop cutters I could find, like at Cuban Crafters for instance, are mostly priced too good to be true -- forty or fifty bucks, and without any ratings. Then there's one shiny behemoth, solid forged aluminum, weighs eight pounds, marked down from $900 to $325 and also without any ratings. That's all I'm seeing.

Has anyone here seen, or better yet, used a desktop they'd recommend? Or I guess conversely, seen or used one they'd warn against? Has anyone seen in person or used any of the desktop cutters I mention above? If so, what're your thoughts on them?

Thanks a million!
ColdCuts is offline   Reply With Quote