Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 11-15-2010, 12:51 PM   #1
Nathan King

Default Oliva Serie G Cameroon Churchill

Oliva Serie G Cameroon Churchill

From the well-applied cap to the straight, crisp foot this cigar is a sight to behold. The richly-colored body of this box pressed cigar is free of deformation and uniform in density. The nearly seamless, smooth wrapper is blemish free. Taking the opportunity to gently motion the cigar under the nose before lighting reveals a pleasant cedar and sweet tobacco aroma that any connoisseur would be delighted to have billowing out of his or her opened humidor.

The Churchill burned evenly with only a few forgivable self-correcting waves in the burn line throughout the one hour and forty-five minute duration of the smoke. The draw was smooth with only a hint of resistance which allowed for a very effortless, controlled draw that produced a liberal amount of creamy white smoke.

The cigar leaves the palate slightly oily and initially gives notes of a woodsy, semi-sweet cedar with a finish containing subtle hints of black pepper and spice. As the cigar warms, welcoming notes of leather and nuts join the well balanced harmony of flavor. At around $5.25, this cigar not only tastes excellent - it represents an outstanding value.

Score: 93 points. An excellent, highly recommended cigar.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:07 PM   #2
RRocket
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (10)
RRocket is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Oliva Serie G Cameroon Churchill

The entire G line is outstanding..
RRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #3
Nathan King

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRocket View Post
The entire G line is outstanding..
Absolutely. I've had the torpedo, belicoso, robusto, and toro. You really can't lose - and all are exceptional values. I did not pick up on the coffee that the Oliva blending notes claim is there, but instead picked up on a few flavors not listed (nutty leather).
Old 11-15-2010, 05:42 PM   #4
Wharf Rat
I'll get up and fly away

First Name: Bob
Trading: (7)
RA
Wharf Rat will become famous soon enoughWharf Rat will become famous soon enough

The Gs are a great smoke. Try the special G figarados for a great little stick.
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote