First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation
Default Re: *2010 MLB Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
A's might be moving to Ohhh Canada!

CKGM in Montreal is reporting that A's owner Lew Wolff is in Quebec City talking to Jean Charest, Premier of Quebec about moving the A's to Montreal.
Cause that worked out great the last time

How bout the Yankees game last night! Kept me up late, but well worth it. Awesome rally in the ninth inning against a pretty good pitcher in Broxton.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #402
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

How 'bout them Mets!!
Old 06-28-2010, 12:25 PM   #403
3SmokesaRound
CCCC

First Name: Bill
Trading: (48)
RA
3SmokesaRound will become famous soon enough3SmokesaRound will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post

How bout the Yankees game last night! Kept me up late, but well worth it. Awesome rally in the ninth inning against a pretty good pitcher in Broxton.
As a Giants fan I was happy with the outcome
3SmokesaRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #404
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
Strasburg has now learned why he needs to become a Yankee. He went 6 innings gave up 1 run, had 9K's 0 walks and gets a loss in a 1-0 game. He needs to be on a team that can score him runs and the Nat's are not that team.
This is the main reason that I think pitchers should not have win/loss records.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:23 PM   #405
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:

Old 06-28-2010, 04:26 PM   #406
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

CKGM in Montreal is reporting that A's owner Lew Wolff is in Quebec City talking to Jean Charest, Premier of Quebec about moving the A's to Montreal.
I'd hate to see the name Athletics go away, since they have been around FOREVER, but it would be cool to see the Expos again (not the Washington Expos).

Insert quote here.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:28 PM   #407
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
I'd hate to see the name Athletics go away, since they have been around FOREVER, but it would be cool to see the Expos again (not the Washington Expos).

Would Tampa go the the Al central and then KC to the West? Thats my guess. Lots could happen though.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #408
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:

Would Tampa go the the Al central and then KC to the West? Thats my guess. Lots could happen though.
Nah, just add them to the AL East, and give the Yankees a bye.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:40 PM   #409
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:

Tampa would definitely benefit right now. Would take the Yanks and Bosox out of the picture.

And KC would still suck, no matter what division they're in.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:54 PM   #410
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Quote:

Montreal has proved that they will not support a MLB team. The year of the strike the Expos were best in the NL and they still could not draw fans, then after the strike they were lucky to get 5000 fans a game.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #411
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

All Star snubs....the biggest are Joey Votto & Heath Bell. Both deserve to be in the mid-summer classic.

And Geradi being "slick" picking Sabathia (knowing he is pitching 11 Jul and then said he was gonna subsitute him with Pettitte). WRONG way to go about it. While Pettitte deserves to be there, why not pick him first?
Old 07-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #412
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
All Star snubs....the biggest are Joey Votto & Heath Bell. Both deserve to be in the mid-summer classic.

And Geradi being "slick" picking Sabathia (knowing he is pitching 11 Jul and then said he was gonna subsitute him with Pettitte). WRONG way to go about it. While Pettitte deserves to be there, why not pick him first?
Forget that, how about Omar Infante going from the braves? That makes zero sense to me
Old 07-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #413
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Forget that, how about Omar Infante going from the braves? That makes zero sense to me
True...what the hell was Charlie Manuel thinking???
Old 07-04-2010, 09:45 PM   #414
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

The manager every year does everything they can to get their own players on the team. Nothing new.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:07 AM   #415
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
True...what the hell was Charlie Manuel thinking???
I dunno. Not like the Braves aren't well represented. Maybe he owes him a favor or something
Old 07-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #416
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

The All-Star selection process is a joke.
Add Butt Selig into the mix and it will remain a disaster.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #417
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
The All-Star selection process is a joke.
And speaking of "All-Star" jokes, Baltimore and Detroit are presently involved in a real pitchers' duel. In the top of the 4th, it's 8-7 already.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #418
3SmokesaRound
CCCC

RA
3SmokesaRound will become famous soon enough3SmokesaRound will become famous soon enough

The Infante pick is a joke, and Votto definitely deserves to be there. I'm not an Angels fan what-so-ever, but Jered Weaver deserves to be there too. I hate the fact that managers get to make picks!
Old 07-05-2010, 03:39 PM   #419
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SmokesaRound View Post
I hate the fact that managers get to make picks!
Yeah, what the hell do THEY know about baseball? Leave the selection in the capable and objective hands of the fans!
Old 07-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #420
3SmokesaRound
CCCC

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Yeah, what the hell do THEY know about baseball? Leave the selection in the capable and objective hands of the fans!
That is laughable, but in all honesty I'd rather the fans have an extra pick than the managers getting any. Really though, every pick should be decided on by the players.