Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 12-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Cigars: The heart and soul of Cuba

Found this on iTunes and decided to check it out. It's hosted and narrated by James Orr (A Canadian) who is the man who wrote such classics as "Three men and a baby" or "sister act 2" So you know the writing is going to be on par with The Godfather (gotta love sarcasm!) He's also the man who directed "The Fuente Family: An American Dream" which is the dvd pack that gave us all our forbidden X's long ago.

Anyways, no new ground is covered in this. It just presents the process of the Cuban cigar from seed to cigar and if you're into all things cigars (like i am) then you'll want to watch this no matter what. No ground breaking discoveries and no hidden tours of our favorite factories in this at all. The conclusion is rather predictable and weak but in the end there just aren't that many of these documentaries out there right now so it's all we've got next to "the fabulous story of the Cuban cigar" a far better film imho. The big conclusion (***warning SPOILERS***) The strength of the Cuban cigar comes from it's people not just its soil............AWWWWW how sweet! He speaks to the fact that the people were the most memorable part of this story but you only get to meet a couple of them and even then we don't really get to know them at all. Based on everything presented the conclusion should have been about the soil and the process of making and fermenting Cuba's tobacco and cigars. If the people were so memorable then where are they in this movie? Anyways, enough ranting. If you love Cuban cigars you'll want to see this and if you love cigars you'll want to see this but i think we deserve better than this but for now it's all we've got.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
ironchefscott
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: scott
Trading: (5)
HUpmann
ironchefscott will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cigars: The heart and soul of Cuba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLNW2s6XmlE
ironchefscott is offline   Reply With Quote