Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 06-29-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
AtlantaDave

Default My Chasedor Experience

I placed an order for drawers and shelves on 31 May, but not long afterwards I read about orders taking almost six months to be delivered. I emailed Chasedor several times for almost two asking how long my order would take with no replies.

Then I read a thread here that was similar to my situation but it listed a different email addresss. Again I emailed Chasedor but this time I just asked for a refund due to my frustration. Surprisingly, I quickly rec'd a reply from Chuck apologizing for the email problem and offered a refund. But he also added that if I chose to, my order could be completed in 7-10 days. I asked if that was a sure thing and he replied 'yes'. I hesitated, but told him to go forward with the order.

Just a few days later, I rec'd an automated email stating that my order was pulled. Another email came a couple days later notifying me that assembly had begun and then another that assembly was complete.

This past Monday I rec'd a final email that the order had been shipped and today, Wednesday, 29 June, my carefully packaged order was delivered.

He definitely has to fix the email situation, but once contact was made, Chuck responded promptly. I'm very happy with what I ordered.

Here a few pics from this afternoon

3 Boxes Padron '64s, 1 Box RP Decade, 1 Box A.Fuente Anejo, 1 Box 5 Vegas Triple A

A few loose Padrons

Old 06-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Re: My Chasedor Experience

Looks like it all worked out great Looks good!!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
Fordman4ever
Redneck driving a ricer!!

First Name: Earl
Trading: (26)
HUpmann AirForce (Active)
Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough

Looks great. I hope to own one some day
Fordman4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
Drez
The Warden

First Name: Frank
Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

Final product looks very nice!!!!

They aren't going to multiply....burn that b!tch!
Drez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:17 PM   #5
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Chuck does first class work, period. He's a devout perfectionist, and he puts way too much time into the stuff he's making compared to the prices he charges. Sometimes it makes me wonder why he even bothers. It sure as hell isn't for the fortune he's amassing.
It makes me happy to see he still goes through all the crap he does to share his work. He makes lots of people very happy.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #6
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

I had a very similar situation, it appears towards the end of last year a couple of orders slipped through the crack, but he more than made up for it and I'm VERY happy with my finished product as well. Glad to hear your story worked out as well
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #7
Sherlockholms

Very nice Dave, looks like it did not go as smoothly as it could have. But you received an amazing order none the less!
Old 07-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #8
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

It took less than a month order to delivery and you were hollering??

Granted had you not found the other email address, it might conceivably have been worse. But some people have cigars
that take that long, and you got a handmade product in a month. That doesn't sound like SUCH a problem at all, lol.
I had wondered how Chase had been doing in stamping out those old fires. Not sure how people are getting a dead
end email address, either. I never had occasion to look for one.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #9
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Lol...I definitely misread the original post. I thought it had taken him 6+ months to get his as well (mine ended up being almost a year). One month is actually less time than I believe he quotes on his site for build/ship time.
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #10
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

glad it worked out for you
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #11
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

He does do awesome work.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:50 PM   #12
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Nice work, they came out really great
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:03 PM   #13
alwayslit
Welcome to the madness

First Name: Jim
Trading: (14)
RA
alwayslit is on a distinguished road

They're worth the wait.
alwayslit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:26 PM   #14
AtlantaDave

I never "hollered" about the time it took for it to be made or delivered. I made it a point to draw out a timeline of taking delivery in less than a month. No, it wasn't SUCH a problem of having a handmade product done in less than month. "lol" goes here I believe.

The issue I had was the lack of a response. Neither he nor I (and probably quite a few others that are using the old email addy) didn't know that he wasn't getting my queries. After that wa resolved, everything was fine. Maybe it's only me, but I"m kinda used to getting responses from online vendors at least within a few days.

I was so satisfied with my order that I just placed an order for 3 more trays. Look out, though. I may start to holla if I haven't taken delivery by the 31st day!

I'll still holla when I get"em in. Have a great smoke!
Posted via Mobile Device