Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 08-26-2015, 12:20 PM   #1
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation
Default Where are all the white wimmin?

Yup, a thread for those politically incorrect but good movies that many of us love.

One of my favorites in this category is the unedited Blazing Saddles, which I happen to own.

Yours?
Old 08-26-2015, 12:46 PM   #2
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice
Default Re: Where are all the white wimmin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markem View Post
Yup, a thread for those politically incorrect but good movies that many of us love.

One of my favorites in this category is the unedited Blazing Saddles, which I happen to own.

Yours?
Unfortunately it is the same movie for me closely followed by Animal House
Old 08-26-2015, 01:40 PM   #3
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Super Troopers is one of our favorites.
Idiocracy is even better.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:08 PM   #4
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

I'd like to own a copy of Song Of The South, but we in America are not even allowed to view this Academy Award winner from Disney these days.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:52 PM   #5
markem
Bunion

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
I'd like to own a copy of Song Of The South, but we in America are not even allowed to view this Academy Award winner from Disney these days.
http://www.alamodvd.com/?gclid=CLTyz...FciFfgodi04Dfw

dunno if the copy is licensed or not.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:03 PM   #6
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Thanks for the link, Mark. That DVD may indeed be licensed by Disney, but was not burned in the US. The following is a Wiki quote.

----------------------------

Disney Enterprises has avoided making the complete version of the film directly available on home video in the United States because the frame story was deemed controversial by studio management. Film critic Roger Ebert, who normally disdained any attempt to keep films from any audience, supported the non-release position, claiming that most Disney films become a part of the consciousness of American children, who take films more literally than do adults. However, he favored allowing film students to have access to the film.[41]

Over the years, Disney has made a variety of statements about whether and when the film would be re-released.[42][43][44][45] In March 2010, Disney CEO Robert Iger stated that there were no plans to release the movie on DVD, calling the film "antiquated" and "fairly offensive".[46] On November 15, 2010, Disney creative director Dave Bossert stated in an interview, "I can say there's been a lot of internal discussion about Song of the South. And at some point we're going to do something about it. I don't know when, but we will. We know we want people to see Song of the South because we realize it's a big piece of company history, and we want to do it the right way."[47]

Disney Enterprises has allowed key portions of the film to be issued on many VHS and DVD compilation videos in the U.S., as well as on the long-running Walt Disney anthology television series. Most recently, the "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" number and some of the animated portion of the movie were issued on the Alice in Wonderland 2-DVD Special Edition set, although in that instance this was originally incorporated as part of a 1950 Walt Disney TV special included on the DVD which promoted the then-forthcoming Alice in Wonderland film.

The film has been released on video in its entirety in various European, Latin American, and Asian countries—in the UK it was released on PAL VHS tape in 1982 and again in 1991, and in Japan it appeared on NTSC VHS, Beta, and laserdisc in 1985 then again on laserdisc in 1990 with subtitles during songs. (On a side note under Japanese copyright law it is now in the public domain.)[48]
Old 08-28-2015, 09:14 PM   #7
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

While I too would have to go with the movie that gave us the candy gram, this one scene out of Rat Race was pretty funny and I'm sure there are people that found it offensive.

https://youtu.be/4dsgQb3jkk4
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 03:58 AM   #8
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
While I too would have to go with the movie that gave us the candy gram, this one scene out of Rat Race was pretty funny and I'm sure there are people that found it offensive.

https://youtu.be/4dsgQb3jkk4
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 06:11 AM   #9
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

All my favorites have been listed, so...uh...Boondock Saints? Yeah, I'll go with that.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:25 AM   #10
nutcracker
Shameless epicurian

First Name: Neil
Trading: (26)
Partagas
nutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nice

Monty Python - Meaning of Life
Old 08-31-2015, 08:23 AM   #11
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
Monty Python - Meaning of Life

^Good choice

Life of Brian is even a little higher on my list.

Clerks II and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back rank up there with best of my guilty pleasures. (Clerks was great, but not irreverent enough for me to make this list.)

Bad Grandpa was better than I expected.
South Park Bigger Longer Uncut has to be on any irreverent list
Old 08-31-2015, 03:57 PM   #12
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

Why does it matter if it was manufactured in the US? I'd o ly worry the region coding would allow me to play the disc, if I had that limitation.
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:51 PM   #13
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Mind if we dance wit yo dates?
Old 09-03-2015, 09:15 AM   #14
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough

Look, mother, I want to go to work in one hour. We are the Pros from Dover and we figure to crack this kid's chest and get out to golf course before it gets dark. So you go find the gas-passer and you have him pre-medicate this patient. Then bring me the latest pictures on him. The ones we saw must be 48 hours old by now. Then call the kitchen and have them rustle us up some lunch. Ham and eggs will all right. Steak would be even better. And then give me at least ONE nurse who knows how to work in close without getting her tits in my way.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:17 AM   #15
markem
Bunion

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
Look, mother, I want to go to work in one hour. We are the Pros from Dover and we figure to crack this kid's chest and get out to golf course before it gets dark. So you go find the gas-passer and you have him pre-medicate this patient. Then bring me the latest pictures on him. The ones we saw must be 48 hours old by now. Then call the kitchen and have them rustle us up some lunch. Ham and eggs will all right. Steak would be even better. And then give me at least ONE nurse who knows how to work in close without getting her tits in my way.
A great movie.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:39 AM   #16
Dux
Lebowski Urban Achiever!

Trading: (24)
Partagas
Dux has disabled reputation

The Jerk
Dux is offline   Reply With Quote