Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-18-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Welp, I'm back at it.

I got laid off on Wednesday. Had a major back episode, went to the ER a couple times and got tons of dope and needles and they got it under control. I got laid off because I've missed four or five days since going back to work cause when the back acts up I gotta respect it.

Being as none of the symptoms made any sense, I have to go back to the neurologist. The ER docs just kinda do whatever I ask them to do now. They say "What do you want us to do?" I tell them "Go in that little cupboard of yours, find the badassest elephant tranquilizers you got, pour me a double, and jam those needles in my ass."

See, before I broke my back, I was doctoring for joint and muscle problems that had existed for lots of years and were getting progressively worse to the point I didn't have any balance any more, and had to ice my knees, shoulders and elbows every day after ball practice (I have been coaching two girl's softball teams for the last 6 or 7 years.)

I got the joint pain problems ironed out thanks to Kerri doing some research and coercing me into changing my routine. I had drank caffeine-free diet pepsi almost exclusively. Turns out the aspartame was killing me. It has a specific chain of proteins that feeds stuff that exists in your joints naturally. That stuff is there to eat joint material that isn't supposed to be there, and to remove damaged tissue. Feed it too much and it eats stuff that's supposed to be there. Aspartame provides what it eats and makes it go wild. I've since cut out the aspartame and my joints are healing to the point where I'm better than I've been in 20 years.

Anyways...
While I was waiting for my back surgery, my neurologist told me I had MS. My grandpa had it and I had every symptom in the book. They ordered a bunch of tests on top of the hundred tests I already had.
I thought about it a couple days and told Kerri, "Ya know what, I don't have time to have MS right now. Let's get the back fixed and then I'll go have MS if need be."
So...
I just got scheduled for a Back MRI and a Brain MRI. The brain MRI will be the final say on the MS and the back MRI will allow me to talk them into going in and drilling out a foraminal notch that is giving me hell. (It's a hole where a big honkin' nerve passes through and it's too small and has scar tissue growing into it, along with bony growth from a healing fracture that runs through it.)
That problem might be a bit touchy surgery-wise and the doc keeps side-stepping the issue because the odds of me peeing in a bag forever is very real if he has one slip of the drill.

So...
Armed with my new joblessness, I've just started cleaning the shop. I'm going to finish up two humi projects that I started months ago. One is for Silverfox, the other for a brother at the old site.
I'm going to build some racks today, some boxes, and get back to work on a small thermoelectric desktop cooler that is the coolest cigar toy ever created.
I have about 10,000 ideas and inventions swimming around in my head and I'm going to work at them at light speed until God decides it's time for me to sit down for a bit.

While I'm at it, I hope you guys will continue to pray for my sorry ass, and if there is ANYTHING I can do to help any of you out, please let me know.
I'm a firm believer that I'm here for one reason, and that's to lift up the body of Christ and be of maximum help to God and His children.
Without that, I'm nothing. Worse yet, I'm left with nothing to do but be a general nuisance.
I love you all, and I can't begin to thank all of you for all you've done for me, all the support you've lent me, and all the love you've showered on me.
I'm gonna go get back to work and see if I can try make a dent in evening the score, even though I know it's not even remotely possible.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Welp, I'm back at it.

Prayers sent Scott! Continue to do what you enjoy. Thanks for the excellent product of beads. Take care and I wish you the best.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:51 PM   #3
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

damn Scott, don't know what to say but good luck. prayers and well wishes sent your way
bonjing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:51 PM   #4
fissure
DHC Black Ops

First Name: Steve
Trading: (48)
Partagas
fissure has disabled reputation

You just can't behave yourself can you Scott? Here's hoping for a negative on the MS test Relax, sit back and smoke em up
fissure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:53 PM   #5
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Hey, brother, so sorry to hear this! I pray for healing, relief of pain! God Bless You!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:53 PM   #6
lightning9191
I think I'm normal...

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (8)
lightning9191 has disabled reputation

Sorry to hear about your health problems Scott. I hope it all turns out well. Prayers sent!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:54 PM   #7
St. Lou Stu
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tim
Trading: (21)
HdM
St. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the rough

Consider your sorry ass prayed for.

Everything happens for a reason.
Sounds corny, I know. But, I am a firm believer in that.
The dude upstairs is the only one with the plan.

Pretending to play golf since 1989
St. Lou Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:54 PM   #8
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Scott... thanks for sharing. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #9
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

Prayers for you Scotty!

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #10
ahc4353

Prayers sent for healing your back Scott.

I hope life brings you all that is best.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:56 PM   #11
colimo
friend of Brother Maynard

First Name: doug
Trading: (41)
PL
colimo will become famous soon enough

prayers for a speedy recovery of both your health and your job situation....sorry to hear...hope it turns out ok....the beads are great...may have to order more
Old 05-18-2009, 12:58 PM   #12
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Note to self...pray for Scotts sorry ass! Consider it done brother and good luck!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:59 PM   #13
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I hope you guys will continue to pray for my sorry ass
Prayers for your sorry, hairy ass on the way today and every day, Scott. You're one of the really good guys here, and I've missed having you around.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:01 PM   #14
nozero

Thumbs up Re: Welp, I'm back at it.

Best to you and yours Scott!
Old 05-18-2009, 01:01 PM   #15
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation

Prayers sent for your sorry ass!

Thermoelectric cooler you say... any thoughts on cooling a 2'x3'x3' cabinet? I have a set and forget it that can control temp as well...
Old 05-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #16
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation

Prayers and a phone call. Much luv sent your way.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:14 PM   #17
cbsmokin
Looking for the Apex

First Name: Craig
Trading: (10)
Cohiba
cbsmokin will become famous soon enough

Hope all turns out well, and soon.

Check out C.A.R.B. IV http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...840#post879840
cbsmokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:18 PM   #18
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Prayers and thoughts for you Scott.
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #19
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Prayers sent your way, Scott for the best possible outcomes on your back and health issues. You have got an amazing attitude!
Old 05-18-2009, 01:29 PM   #20
LeoM
"Say what again!"

First Name: Leo
Trading: (87)
Partagas
LeoM will become famous soon enoughLeoM will become famous soon enough

Prayer and thoughts with ya brother! If you need anything you know how to get ahold of me.
LeoM is offline   Reply With Quote