Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 08-19-2010, 08:13 AM   #1
Glgist
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Glynn
Trading: (0)
Glgist is on a distinguished road
Default Chasidor Drawers for Vinotemp VT-28TEDS

Hello everyone,

I have been browsing through the forums for awhile now and have learned a great deal. Thanks to everyone for the great info! I am in the process of finishing our basement and was going to buy a large desktop humi to replace my old one. After looking through here, I realized I could put together a vinodor for the same money as a nice desktop. So, I ordered a Vinotemp VT-29TEDS yesterday. I was going to wait and get a set of Chasidor drawers for it but after noticing yesterday that the prices are potentially going to go up 25-30% on orders placed after this weekend, I want to order them now. Problem is is that my Vinotemp won't be here in time. My question is, can someone who has this humidor let me know if the drawers I need are the large ones (15" X 11.5") or the small ones (14.5" X 11"). This way I can get my drawers ordered before my Vinotemp gets here. Thanks in advance!
Glgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
lbowles2
Luv me some broadleaf!!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (84)
lbowles2 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Chasidor Drawers for Vinotemp VT-28TEDS

Unfortunately there really is no way to tell until you receive it. Mine was the smaller size like the EdgeStar drawers and even then I had to do just a bit of sanding for them to fit perfect. You might e-mail them as tell them whats going on. Perhaps he would let you go ahead and place the order on one of the sizes then change it if it ends being the other size. It's worth a shot.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #3
Chingas
Death Is Waiting

First Name: Chingas
Trading: (35)
Partagas
Chingas has disabled reputation

Chuck a great BOTL. I don't think he would have a problem if you emailed him the order even if you had to change it. He's so backed up now with work, he most likely will not get a chance to fill your order before your Vino gets there.

Email tho. Don't PM. I already made that mistake.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:28 PM   #4
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingas View Post
Email tho. Don't PM. I already made that mistake.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:14 PM   #5
Montano
Bourbon IS a food group

First Name: Nick
Trading: (33)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
Montano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the rough

I emailed on Sunday, no reply yet
Old 08-19-2010, 09:52 PM   #6
Chingas
Death Is Waiting

Partagas

I emailed about last Friday or so. He's mad busy and openly admits to be super slow at responding to emails. He hurt his hand a little while back which made typing near impossible.

He says he has help in the shop and in the future orders will move much faster but we are in the learning process part of the business with our orders. Things are a little slower but he will respond, eventually.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #7
Glgist
Just in from the Storm

Thanks everyone for the info. I ordered my Vino from Vinotemp and they are slow as molasses. It still has not arrived! I have signed multiple order confirmations and even made phone calls to them and they have yet to provide a tracking number. Its a good thing they had free shipping or I would be canceling my order! Good thing though as I have still not heard from Chuck. I am guessing he didn't get through all of his e-mails this last weekend. So, I am still hoping this thing gets here before Chuck starts putting my order together so i can verify the drawer size. I ordered the small size due to responses I got here and over at another site. Seems most people who have gotten one of these Vinos recently went with small drawers and shelves. Hopefully I wont have to change. BTW, has anyone installed one of these in an enclosed space such as a bar? I am guessing that since its thermoelectric that it doesn't need the space a compressor run cooler would need.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:05 PM   #8
Giants85
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Justin
Trading: (4)
Montecristo
Giants85 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glgist View Post
BTW, has anyone installed one of these in an enclosed space such as a bar? I am guessing that since its thermoelectric that it doesn't need the space a compressor run cooler would need.
I wouldn't totally enclose it, meaning I would leave about 2-3 inches of space around all edges for it to "breathe" as it is not front venting (I don't believe?). It also depends on the temp/climate where you are located, many people here don't even run their coolers.

Good-luck and post some pics once you finally get it installed!!
Giants85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:44 PM   #9
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

The Vinotemp you list is the same as both of mine. They were not designed to be built-in to an enclosed space. Vinotemp and other manufacturers have specific models designed to be built-in units.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #10
Glgist
Just in from the Storm

Well, I finally got my Vinotemp today and was able to measure the shelves. I guessed right when I ordered and the small chasden drawers/shelves are the correct size! So, now all I have to do is wait for them to get here! Thanks for the feedback on installing this in a cabinet. We are starting our basement finishing next week and will be building a bar with a 2 tap undercounter kegerator, dishwasher and this humi built in the lower cabinets. I am going to have the cabinet maker build out the space around the humi with a 1.5 to 2.0" spacing so that it will have plenty of breathing room. Not really sure I will even need that since it is going in a basement but, better safe than sorry. I will post pics when its complete if anyone is interested. Thanks so much for the advice, I am sure I will have many more questions once I get this up and running!
Old 09-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #11
Chingas
Death Is Waiting

Partagas

Of course we want pics! Good luck with the install Brother. I just got my drawers last night. Just finished installing tonight and the seasoning begins...
Old 07-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #12
Glgist
Just in from the Storm

Finally got a picture to post! Humidor has been installed since October 2010.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #13
Infecting Via PM

First Name: Brendon
RA
363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about

Looks great!