Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-08-2014, 01:54 PM   #1
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation
Default Fire season is upon us

There have been some big ones so far and now the season is starting to gear up. Here is the US Forest Service large incidents map that can help you see what is going on in your area or areas of concern for you.

http://activefiremaps.fs.fed.us/
Old 06-08-2014, 08:03 PM   #2
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice
Default Re: Fire season is upon us

Very good info. Thanks.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:06 PM   #3
Zane
Have My Own Room

First Name: Zane
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Zane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Smug Elitist! Good info to have.

COO BlindMan's Puff
Zane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:24 PM   #4
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

For those here in SoCal if you are driving around smoking and an officer sees you with the cig hanging out the window or your arm holding out the window, the best you can hope for is a warning, a lot of the it will be a very expensive ticket. I'm guessing it's not just SoCal, but I can only speak from experience here. (I got a warning way back when)
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:46 PM   #5
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

A ticket for what?
Old 06-08-2014, 08:51 PM   #6
T.G
Grrrrrr

Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
For those here in SoCal if you are driving around smoking and an officer sees you with the cig hanging out the window or your arm holding out the window, the best you can hope for is a warning, a lot of the it will be a very expensive ticket. I'm guessing it's not just SoCal, but I can only speak from experience here. (I got a warning way back when)
Do you happen to remember the vehicle code #? Tossing a lit cig is one thing, simply holding it is another. Not saying it isn't a violation, as we have some ones you wouldn't expect, just seems odd. Was a minor in the car at the time?

Last edited by T.G; 06-08-2014 at 09:02 PM.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:56 PM   #7
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

The only thing I can see the citation for is for tossing out a cigar/cigarette for littering. Even here in Belmont, where it's pretty much "illegal" to smoke anywhere on city propert, they can't cite you for smoking in your own vehicle.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:12 AM   #8
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

In fire season, there can be emergency measures that state that one must prevent any ash or source of heat from escaping your vehicle. When fire danger is high, that makes sense. It's possible for it to be taken to extremes, but the logic is basically sound. One glowing cherry that falls off unintentionally and you can get a whole new fire complex.

But in town? That'd be nut.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:03 AM   #9
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Do you happen to remember the vehicle code #? Tossing a lit cig is one thing, simply holding it is another. Not saying it isn't a violation, as we have some ones you wouldn't expect, just seems odd. Was a minor in the car at the time?
A second incident was when I was holding my arm out the window and an officer pulled up next to me at the light, he proceeded to tell me I had to keep the cigarette inside the vehicle at all times, before I had a convertible.

VC2 3111 Cigarette Litter

Quote:
Many people enjoy smoking while driving. Who wants to put the ash out in their car? It’s so much easier to flick the ash out of the window. Unfortunately, a cigarette litter traffic ticket under VC 23111 has more serious consequences than other types of traffic tickets because of the danger of fire caused by flicking cigarette litter, including ash or the cigarette butt itself, out of the window in your car. To get help with this ticket, you can call us at 888-250-8450.
More on the code here:

http://duiandtrafficattorney.com/tra...arette-litter/
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:18 AM   #10
T.G
Grrrrrr

Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
A second incident was when I was holding my arm out the window and an officer pulled up next to me at the light, he proceeded to tell me I had to keep the cigarette inside the vehicle at all times, before I had a convertible.

VC2 3111 Cigarette Litter

More on the code here:

http://duiandtrafficattorney.com/tra...arette-litter/
Thanks.

Mark pretty much nailed it as taking something to an extreme since it seems that they have interpreted simply holding a cigarette or cigar as guilty under VC23111 as it actually reads:

--BEGIN
V C Section 23111 Throwing Substances on Highways or Adjoining Areas

Throwing Substances on Highways or Adjoining Areas

23111. No person in any vehicle and no pedestrian shall throw or discharge from or upon any road or highway or adjoining area, public or private, any lighted or nonlighted cigarette, cigar, match, or any flaming or glowing substance. This section shall be known as the Paul Buzzo Act.

Amended Ch. 1548, Stats. 1970. Effective November 23, 1970.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc23111.htm

--END

BTW, I had no idea this law even existed before this thread. Not that I throw lit stuff out the window, even back when I smoked cigarettes I didn't simply because it was littering and it seemed really f-ing stupid since I lived in a heavily forested area. Thanks brother!
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote