Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 08:04 AM   #1981
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

And a little show and tell from me...

1943 Remington Rand M1911A1, holster is dated 1943 as well

A pair of Makarov's, an Imez and Baikal

Rock River AR-15 with lots of goodies

Have a few others stowed away as well...
Old 03-04-2011, 08:28 AM   #1982
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Nice Brian!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:00 AM   #1983
gravelman

Thats a nice 1911 Brian, cool to see a matching holster with it too!

Old 03-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #1984
safariguy
There's one. Set for stun

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
safariguy will become famous soon enoughsafariguy will become famous soon enough

Taking the wife to the gun store today to buy her M&P 9mm for her trip to Gunsite in May. Pics tomorrow, I hope.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #1985
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Good stuff guys, keep it coming.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #1986
JaKaacH
ROCK Chalk JAYHAWK K U

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (32)
RA
JaKaacH has disabled reputation

OK I've posted a few comments in this thread. Time to share a picture.
My Para-Ordnance P-14.
The slide on the gun in the picture is a Les Baer, with Bo-Mar adj. sight, full length guide rod, NM bushing, Para stock barrel. The grip safety, main spring housing, safety are Ed Brown products. Can't remember what brand the hammer or Carbon Fiber trigger I used in this build.

The slide not on the gun is the original, but with a few mods too. I also installed a full length guide rod, buffer and removed the series 80 parts. The slide was also machined for the install of the Novak rear sight and dovetail front sight.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:14 PM   #1987
Remo
C.I.A

Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by safariguy View Post
Taking the wife to the gun store today to buy her M&P 9mm for her trip to Gunsite in May. Pics tomorrow, I hope.
Great choice on the M&P Ryan. I love mine. I have shot/used a Glock on duty for 10 years now and it has never failed me, I switched to the M&P with a little trepidation as I know my Glock, but after putting a few thousand rounds through it I have had no problems and it goes bang every time just like my Glock.

The M&P is much nicer to shoot as the angle of the grip is much better than the Glock (no trouble finding my front sight) it's a great choice for your wife.

The 1911 is sweet and I love the way they feel and shoot, I would never carry one if my life depended on it though as I have seen way to many of my co-workers 1911's go to **** at the range, I could only imagine if they did that during a gun battle, but it is a sweet gun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m&p.jpg (77.5 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg glock.jpg (77.2 KB, 280 views)
File Type: jpg colt6920.jpg (49.7 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpg guns.jpg (57.1 KB, 282 views)
File Type: jpg colt.jpg (62.8 KB, 298 views)
Old 03-05-2011, 08:20 PM   #1988
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

ordered an EOTECH 552 today. My gun should arrive Tuesday, sight on Friday. Cant wait for this week
Old 03-06-2011, 05:59 AM   #1989
safariguy
There's one. Set for stun

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
safariguy will become famous soon enoughsafariguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0 View Post
Great choice on the M&P Ryan. I love mine. I have shot/used a Glock on duty for 10 years now and it has never failed me, I switched to the M&P with a little trepidation as I know my Glock, but after putting a few thousand rounds through it I have had no problems and it goes bang every time just like my Glock.

The M&P is much nicer to shoot as the angle of the grip is much better than the Glock (no trouble finding my front sight) it's a great choice for your wife.
Glad to hear it. Unfortunately they were sold out at the store the other night, so we had to order one. But they said it will only be a few weeks.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:23 AM   #1990
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravelman View Post
Thats a nice 1911 Brian, cool to see a matching holster with it too!
Thanks Sean, for a 68 year old gun that saw action in WWII, it still shoots accurately and handles current ammo without a problem. Not bad for a gun built by a typewriter company!
Old 03-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #1991
gravelman

Well here's my contribution to the thread...All Smiths, all .38 special except for the .357 mag on the right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smiths.jpg (60.2 KB, 296 views)

Old 03-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #1992
Will herf for food

VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaKaacH View Post
OK I've posted a few comments in this thread. Time to share a picture.
My Para-Ordnance P-14.
The slide on the gun in the picture is a Les Baer, with Bo-Mar adj. sight, full length guide rod, NM bushing, Para stock barrel. The grip safety, main spring housing, safety are Ed Brown products. Can't remember what brand the hammer or Carbon Fiber trigger I used in this build.

The slide not on the gun is the original, but with a few mods too. I also installed a full length guide rod, buffer and removed the series 80 parts. The slide was also machined for the install of the Novak rear sight and dovetail front sight.

I never liked the series 80 trigger. Colt ruined a beautiful thing. I love the Swartz Safety now used in Kimbers and many others where the firing-pin block is deactivated by the grip safety. Much better alternative that doesn't ruin the crisp clean SAO 1911 trigger.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #1993
Will herf for food

VR

My BIL Micah is looking to sell some 223/556 ammo. Some 2000 rounds of it. He recently sold his LMT AR-15 and he's looking to dump all or most of the ammo. PM me for prices if you're interested. We are looking for a local buyer, shipping prices tend to kill ammo transactions.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:14 AM   #1994
JaKaacH
ROCK Chalk JAYHAWK K U

RA

84 year old WWII sniper still has the skills.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:45 AM   #1995
Will herf for food

VR

Great video, thanks Jeff.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #1996
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Very cool video. Thanks for posting.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #1997
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

Just picked up my Spikes Tactical M4 and I must say its exactly as advertised. They included a hard case and black Magpul magazine which is pretty badass. My only gripe is the selector switch feels a little loose, it doesn't crisply snap into position. Other than that it looks great and everything fits well together. Will post pics tomorrow as I am on my way to work.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #1998
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak View Post
Just picked up my Spikes Tactical M4 and I must say its exactly as advertised. They included a hard case and black Magpul magazine which is pretty badass. My only gripe is the selector switch feels a little loose, it doesn't crisply snap into position. Other than that it looks great and everything fits well together. Will post pics tomorrow as I am on my way to work.
Congrats! Magpul mags are awesome and ultra-reliable, I've put a few thousand rounds through mine with no issues at all. If you keep your eyes out they can be had for a good price too. I bought 5 at one time for $100 total at a gun show
Old 03-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #1999
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

RA

Here are the pics of my Spikes Tactical LE M4. I'm really happy with it minus the fact they forgot to put on the upgraded trigger system that I ordered and instead put on the standard trigger. They are sending it to me and now I have to pay a gunsmith to put it on. Hopefully going to shoot it tomorrow.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #2000
JaKaacH
ROCK Chalk JAYHAWK K U

RA

I posted this picture earlier, but I wanted to ask about finishes. I've always wanted to have the frame hard chromed, but don't want to spend the $220.00 to get it done.
There are a lot of good things said about Cerakote.clicky
Just wondering if anyone has used it, or had a firearm finished with this product? Its going to to be a DIY project..How hard can it be..? (Famous last words.)
Closed Thread