Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 04-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #1601
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

First Name: Michael
Trading: (0)
madwilliamflint is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Games thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louistogies View Post
Play the Witcher 2 right now. Very cool game so far.
I keep reaching for it. I enjoyed a half dozen hours of W1 before I ended up seeing something shiny.

I'm swamped with ME3 (2nd playthrough), Kingdoms of Amablahblahblah and actually Aion and EQ1 now that they're both F2P.

(I loves me some EQ1.
madwilliamflint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #1602
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Anyone know if the Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition is worth a play through? I already played the Witcher 2 regular version.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #1603
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint View Post
EQ1 now that they're both F2P.

(I loves me some EQ1)
I WILL STAY STRONG AND AVOID EQ1!

I played it for 8 years. I can still remember how to get to the bank in Kelethin, where to turn in the bone chips in Kalimdor, and the most efficient route to take in Paludal Caverns to power level a lowbie with a 60+ druid.

The good old days.
Posted via Mobile Device
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #1604
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoco View Post
I WILL STAY STRONG AND AVOID EQ1!

I played it for 8 years. I can still remember how to get to the bank in Kelethin, where to turn in the bone chips in Kalimdor, and the most efficient route to take in Paludal Caverns to power level a lowbie with a 60+ druid.

The good old days.
Posted via Mobile Device
I left soon after Kunark actually. I came back briefly after PoP sometime and realized that was stupid.

Now that I've graduated the n00b zone (and they finally "did something" about health recover rates) I'm the only toon haunting Qeynos and BlackBurrow. It's really strange. The freeness keeps me poking my head back in for an hour or two without worrying about commitment, so I end up playing more. Same thing with Aion, only Aion's...dumber.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #1605
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint View Post
I left soon after Kunark actually. I came back briefly after PoP sometime and realized that was stupid.

Now that I've graduated the n00b zone (and they finally "did something" about health recover rates) I'm the only toon haunting Qeynos and BlackBurrow. It's really strange. The freeness keeps me poking my head back in for an hour or two without worrying about commitment, so I end up playing more. Same thing with Aion, only Aion's...dumber.
Lets see - I started in about August of 1999 and quit in early 2007. I replaced that habit with WoW.

The last expansion i remember playing was Prophecy of Ro - there may have been more after but that is the last one I remember. I can still remember the immense frustration of my first raid in Gates of Discord. After the keying process that took WEEKS - the first raid I went on lasted 7 hours. We made it to the one boss at the back of the zone and wiped on him. By then all the trash had reset and we had to quit.

That's right - 7 hours of CLEARING TRASH and then nothing came of it. That was the last raid I went on in Everquest.

My raider was a Froglok Shaman. Before that I had a dwarven warrior and a wood elf bard. The bard was the most fun to solo on because I could circle kite entire groups around. Circle kiting a group of 16-17 monsters was hilarious. Or glitching High Hold Keep by using a shrink potion and hiding under a table while I killed the ENTIRE ZONE.

...seriously, brain. Why can I remember all of this stuff but none of the stuff I learned in school 2 years ago? Lame.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:28 AM   #1606
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

Finally started working on Batman: Arkham City. It is pretty fun.

Sniper Elite V2 came out on Tuesday and I am LOVING IT. If anyone picked it up for PC and is interested in testing out the co-op let me know.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #1607
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Still working on the single player but yeah it's good fun so far.

Couldn't stand Arkham City. The first one was good but I dunno, couldn't get into the second.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #1608
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

Quote:

Sniper Elite V2 came out on Tuesday and I am LOVING IT. If anyone picked it up for PC and is interested in testing out the co-op let me know.
Posted via Mobile Device
I Steamed the demo but haven't kicked it off yet. Too busy with other stuff. I figure I play sniper/stealth in every single game that will let me so I'm gonna have to enjoy this.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #1609
iamsolitary
Still Watching My Back

First Name: John
Trading: (1)
iamsolitary is on a distinguished road

I tried to log into the Diablo III beta this weekend. I wanted to try out the different classes again before the release next week. Forgot that the beta closed down at the end of April.

I can't wait.
iamsolitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #1610
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

I have to be honest.....Diablo III just looks terrible. It looks like they used the Starcraft engine and made it all cartoony instead of DARK like the past 2.

I can't see myself liking it at all.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #1611
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device
LOVED Arkham City. Logged way too much time into it
Old 05-13-2012, 06:25 AM   #1612
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

Loaded up a bunch of demos with the intention of noodling through them all.

BUT I found myself playing the "Warlock: Master of the Arcane" one for about four hours before it timed out.

Guess that says what it says.

I've never been any good at turn based strategy games like that (RoM, CIV, Sim ___.) I always seem to develop happily along then get insta-trounced.

Steam needs to get off their butt and get C&C Generals. The CD load times on that are awful.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #1613
Whipper Snapper
95% Banter 5% MMM Habanos

First Name: Blake
RA
Whipper Snapper has disabled reputation

Diablo 3 releases tomorrow.
Looks like I won't be around here much...
Old 05-13-2012, 07:52 PM   #1614
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecnorobo View Post
Diablo 3 releases tomorrow.
Looks like I won't be around here much...
You think it will be that good?

I'm a HUGE D1/D2 fan but I have minimal hopes for DIII. It looks like they cartoonized it and it doesn't look as "dark" as Diablo II was. I really hope I am wrong.

No Paladin either
No Druid
Old 05-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #1615
Whipper Snapper
95% Banter 5% MMM Habanos

First Name: Blake
RA
Whipper Snapper has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
You think it will be that good?

I'm a HUGE D1/D2 fan but I have minimal hopes for DIII. It looks like they cartoonized it and it doesn't look as "dark" as Diablo II was. I really hope I am wrong.

No Paladin either
No Druid
I played the beta.
Diablo has always been about the loot, which there will be plenty of.
I don't mind the "color" so much.
It'll be good
Old 05-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #1616
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

Anyone playing Diablo 3 or Max Payne 3 yet? I'm itching to get the hell out of work and go fire up D3!

I've heard good stuff about MP3 - but no PC release yet. I'll hold off for PC
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #1617
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Anyone playing Diablo 3 or Max Payne 3 yet? I'm itching to get the hell out of work and go fire up D3!

I've heard good stuff about MP3 - but no PC release yet. I'll hold off for PC
Posted via Mobile Device
Same, 2 more weeks I think. I'll make sure to play it though.

D3, I'm holding out for reviews. We'll see, I might pick it up.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:32 AM   #1618
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

I got home last night and had Diablo 3 installed and playing by 7. I had to force myself to top at 11. A ton of fun - and I played solo the whole time (aside from when 2 of my friends joined on their level 1 characters just to make my game more difficult).

Gonna try to jump in with some of my friends tonight - but it seemed like a real blast. I just wish it didn't require online access to play a single player game :/. I understand that they don't want item duping since there is an auction house - but why can't there be a separation of "open ladder" where you can play either offline or online and then a "closed ladder" like they did in D2?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-17-2012, 06:16 AM   #1619
Hippi3Slay3r
ಥ_ಥ

First Name: Kyle
Trading: (22)
Bolivar
Hippi3Slay3r will become famous soon enoughHippi3Slay3r will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I got home last night and had Diablo 3 installed and playing by 7. I had to force myself to top at 11. A ton of fun - and I played solo the whole time (aside from when 2 of my friends joined on their level 1 characters just to make my game more difficult).

Gonna try to jump in with some of my friends tonight - but it seemed like a real blast. I just wish it didn't require online access to play a single player game :/. I understand that they don't want item duping since there is an auction house - but why can't there be a separation of "open ladder" where you can play either offline or online and then a "closed ladder" like they did in D2?
Posted via Mobile Device
Loads of fun, and to the people on the fence about this game ..... If you liked D1 D2 youll love D3 I also played solo through normal mode and had a great time and unlike the other instalments this one really did challenge me (once I got into Nightmare diff) so give it a shot I think you can evan do a free trial through your battle.net acc

P.S. Battle tag is Cindel#1724
Old 05-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #1620
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippi3Slay3r View Post
Loads of fun, and to the people on the fence about this game ..... If you liked D1 D2 youll love D3 I also played solo through normal mode and had a great time and unlike the other instalments this one really did challenge me (once I got into Nightmare diff) so give it a shot I think you can evan do a free trial through your battle.net acc

P.S. Battle tag is Cindel#1724
I tell ya... It's nice. I like it and I don't regret buying it.

But... I'm having a hard time figuring out why it's better than Torchlight.