Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Good Eats

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
Curly Cut
Not Scary

Trading: (9)
Curly Cut is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Cream of Wheat

I was never an Oatmeal kinda guy, like my dad. We kids had Cream of Wheat.
In the late 70s/early 80s, they started to make different flavored Cream of Wheat, there were a few that I enjoyed.

It's now a good 20+ years since I've had any, and while buying grocieries spotted a box of Original flavor. I looked for their cinnamon flavored box, but all they had was original. Chucked it in the basket.

That was a month ago. I keep forgetting to make some in the morning, mainly cuz I'm draggin ass, so I hit the "Just Bunches" or whatever other high fiber, concrete mix cereal I buy for myself is still around (I buy that stuff for two reasons: 1) I like 'em; 2) my step-son and son don't, which means that I will get to eat it and I know it'll stay fresh).

This weekend, we were in a lazy mood and decided it was a fend for yourself dinner night. I wasn't all that hungry, and having recently grociery shopped, I remembered the Cream of Wheat.

I add a small dapple of sugar and pinch o' cinnamon to it. Did the microwave method, and in a couple minutes, I was eating Cream of Wheat.