Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-30-2011, 12:08 PM   #21
SteelCityBoy
7th Heaven Will Commeth!!

First Name: Ken
Trading: (21)
Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: looking for help with english comp1 paper

Here are some of the sites I used when I wrote my paper...perhaps you will find them as interesting as I did...

http://www.vcdl.org/new/kleck.htm

http://libertariananarchy.com articles/the-case-against-gun-control/

http://www.conspiracy.me/?p=28371

http://gunowners.org/fs0404.htm

http://www.saf.org/LawReviews/McDowe...dWiersema1.htm
SteelCityBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:23 PM   #22
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Trading: (32)
Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about

IMO i think our politicians are going all the wrong ways to try to decease crime and what not involving guns. Instead of taking them away make a simple and effective class that educates people how to PROPERLY handlee and use guns. NOT a CCW class but something kinda like it. A LOT of people don't carry their guns, but that doesn't mean they know how to use and handle them safely. Think of hunters safety, you need to pass the hunters safety (both field and written test) before you can even buy any hunting permits. Why not do something like that for buying guns? You MUST pass a field and written test before you can apply for a gun permit.

yes, hunters safety is pretty much all common sense and you could sleep through it and still pass, BUT i promise you there would be more hunting accidents if we didn't have that system in place. So why not make a same class in order to buy a gun? A class most of us could sleep through but would still either prevent or educate that 10% of people (random number) from buying or misusing a gun.

Last edited by cigarmonkel; 11-30-2011 at 12:29 PM.
cigarmonkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #23
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about

some of the arguments i have so far for my opposition paragraph are: too many guns in the streets, guns in the hands of the wrong people, and the always argued more guns, more crimes.

remember this is an opposition paragraph i will be arguing these and the point of these are to "one up the opposition".
Old 11-30-2011, 12:30 PM   #24
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy View Post
Here are some of the sites I used when I wrote my paper...perhaps you will find them as interesting as I did...

http://www.vcdl.org/new/kleck.htm

http://libertariananarchy.com articles/the-case-against-gun-control/

http://www.conspiracy.me/?p=28371

http://gunowners.org/fs0404.htm

http://www.saf.org/LawReviews/McDowe...dWiersema1.htm
Awesome thank you guys soo much for all your help and links! This thread will definitely make my paper that much more easy to write now! Thank you thank you all!
Old 11-30-2011, 12:37 PM   #25
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

Once you guys are done helping with the English Comp paper, I have a topline report due to one of my clients next week. If someone could jump on that I'd appreciate it greatly.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #26
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo

I've gotcha Vin! . might not wanna trust mine though it would be be a picture book.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:41 PM   #27
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
Once you guys are done helping with the English Comp paper, I have a topline report due to one of my clients next week. If someone could jump on that I'd appreciate it greatly.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:43 PM   #28
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo

i believe you have my stapler
Old 11-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #29
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Just put a cover sheet with the TPS report
Old 11-30-2011, 12:49 PM   #30
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Old 11-30-2011, 12:52 PM   #31
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Why not form a persuasive argument for/against concealed carry permits? Lots to choose from on both sides there. The second amendment kind of obviates the need to argue the Right to bear arms. But I guess you can always find a college professor willing to entertain that option

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:53 PM   #32
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post

Topline

Report Done!
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:20 PM   #33
mariogolbee

I'll make just a few points. I am mostly listing a few points against AND for. These points are meant for reference NOT for my own debate purposes. Good luck with the paper, you'll do fine.

If you are going to use any websites for information be sure they end in .edu or .gov rather than .com or .org. This way you are less likely to get biased sources. Sticking to .edu sites is best as some countries and/or agencies with .gov sites can be biased as well.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but people can easily kill other people with guns.

If there is a low rate of gun related deaths in this country, then why do people feel the need to protect themselves with guns from other people with guns?

A law abiding citizen who breaks the law is a criminal and a criminal was a law abiding citizen until they broke the law.

Although the right to bear arms was established for citizens to protect themselves from government, which SHOULD not be necessary in this era, the perceived threat of terrorist attacks is a good reason to be allowed arms.

MOST responsible firearm owners use them safely and only for recreational use.

Although I believed at one point that illegal firearms are mostly obtained through theft of legal firearms I have since found out this is not the case. However, there is still a good portion of illegal guns on the street that were stolen from their legal owners.

Guns are cool.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #34
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

So far this thread has gone well. Kudos to you all for keeping politics out of it thus far. We are however keeping our eyes open on this one.

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:49 PM   #35
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

http://youtu.be/k7K4jH7NqUw
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:16 PM   #36
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

How many cigars do I get for writing the paper?
Old 11-30-2011, 06:03 PM   #37
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
How many cigars do I get for writing the paper?
if i could get away with it i would send you some nice sticks to smoke while you wrote it! But our teacher claims that he knows our "style" of writing and i'd rather not call him on that bluff (if it is one) on our last and biggest paper.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:05 PM   #38
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post
So far this thread has gone well. Kudos to you all for keeping politics out of it thus far. We are however keeping our eyes open on this one.
Thank you and noted!! NO ONE MESS THIS UP!!!!
Old 11-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #39
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarmonkel View Post
if i could get away with it i would send you some nice sticks to smoke while you wrote it! But our teacher claims that he knows our "style" of writing and i'd rather not call him on that bluff (if it is one) on our last and biggest paper.
I'm sure he does. Everyone has a distinct style of writing.