Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-14-2020, 08:27 AM   #1
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Kratom - Do you take?

Does anyone here take Kratom?

It has several benefits from increasing energy, stamina, to treating many ailments. A tablespoon in a shot glass with water will get you amped like it should be illegal. There are different strains with wildly varying effects.

I recently started with a green strain and it energizes like nothing that I can think off hand. Kind of like coke, but no crazed thoughts and all that. If taken in the morning, I don't need food for like 5 hours. Back pain is reduced, spirits are high.

Worth checking out.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:30 AM   #2
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: Kratom - Do you take?

I have never heard of it before your post Moses. A quick read show some scary possible side effects though.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 08:37 AM   #3
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by G G View Post
I have never heard of it before your post Moses. A quick read show some scary possible side effects though.
I was introduced to it by a friend who owns a successful fitness and yoga studios.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:00 AM   #4
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Quote:
Check out netflix's "A Leaf of Faith" it gives a little bit of insight on it. I watched it a while back but basically forgot about it till this thread.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:04 AM   #5
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
I was introduced to it by a friend who owns a successful fitness and yoga studios.

Moses, do you or your friend have a trusted source to purchase from?
This thread has rekindled my interest.

Not sure if allowed by mods, so please edit this post if necessary or pm me, thanks.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:14 AM   #6
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjing View Post
Not sure if allowed by mods, so please edit this post if necessary or pm me, thanks.
It is not illegal in the US and easily purchased, at least according to this site

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/kratom

So I don't see a reason to edit your post, Greg.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:46 AM   #7
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I'm intrigued. I'd like to hear what brand you're using, Moses.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 11:09 AM   #8
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

All:

This is the place I bought it from https://www.krabot.com/

There are many different kinds and I really cannot offer much on what is what. My wife's sister has nephropathy and the kratom she takes immensely mitigates her issues.

The one I bought is https://www.krabot.com/collections/p...green-maeng-da

I would start with half a tablespoon with just enough water to shot it down. Stuff tastes awful nothing you can do can mask it. Tastes like Spirulina x3. Just down a shot and have some more water after that. Drive to gym, work on that project, walk the dog.... Last for a few hours.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:14 AM   #9
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

A Leaf of Faith Trailer
Old 03-14-2020, 12:16 PM   #10
G G
BR549

Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

My wife is in constant pain and takes opioids. She has a medical marijuana card but she won't use it as much as the doc tells her to. I wonder if I got some of the capsules if it would help her?
Old 03-14-2020, 06:16 PM   #11
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thank you Mark!

Thank you Moses. The only thing I remember from A Leaf of Faith is that it’s hard to get a credible/safe source for kratom.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:51 AM   #12
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Thank you for the info, Moses. So you would recommend the one you've been buying?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-15-2020, 09:34 AM   #13
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Thank you for the info, Moses. So you would recommend the one you've been buying?
Yes, I would recommend that variety and vendor I bought from. I actually took some shortly after typing this thread yesterday (little less than a tablespoon) in a couple of oz of warm water. I had euphoric feeling for a few hours. Was driving my wife nuts.

I would not recommend the capsules; need to take too many and probably hit you really hard.

As for pain, I would recommend it immediately over taking opiates or weed. $25 gamble and if one does not see benefit, the loss is minimal. Save the weed for just getting high lol.

I bought the energizing kind. You'll have an epic workout or whatever comes next after taking it. I don't use it often; may be 1-2 a week?
Old 03-15-2020, 09:37 AM   #14
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

Quote:
My wife is in constant pain and takes opioids. She has a medical marijuana card but she won't use it as much as the doc tells her to. I wonder if I got some of the capsules if it would help her?
Buy the powder that fits her use case. Some knock you door, others lift you up. The one I have lifts, but helps my back pain too.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:28 PM   #15
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
This.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:18 PM   #16
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Thanks Moses.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:30 PM   #17
Havanaaddict
Man in Black!!!

Trading: (1)
Havanaaddict will become famous soon enoughHavanaaddict will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Why does she not to use the marijuana that much? Is it that she does not like the the smoking part? For some it can be a lot of work and they worry about the smoke in there lungs. Using the vape cartages make it very easy and discrete. (but some worry about the scare they had, but that was black-market cartages). There are other devices that will turn buds into vapor with no flame, so no worry of carcinogens from smoke. (have done a lot of research and be glad to point in in the right direction if you need) PM me
Then there is edibles!

I would much rather see her using cannabis instead of opioids to maybe help cut back on them!!!
Old 03-15-2020, 07:45 PM   #18
Havanaaddict
Man in Black!!!

Havanaaddict will become famous soon enoughHavanaaddict will become famous soon enough

This stuff has been around a very very long time but can become Various Kratom Strains and Their Effects:

There are many strains of Mitragynine. Each variety offers unique chemical properties that cause certain medicinal effects. Some of the most popular strains include:

Bali, which offers a euphoric effect and other effects similar to opioid use.
Green Vein Kali, which is a stimulating strain with painkiller attributes.
Maeng Da, which offers an energizing effect that also relieves pain.
Red Vein Kali, which has a sedative effect that mimics opioids.
Ultra Enhanced Indo, which is an extract with strong euphoric effects. It is often used to treat social anxiety.
White Vein Kali, which has a euphoric and dissociating effect.
Other than the extract, most individuals will only need 1/2 to 3 teaspoons of the leaves to achieve the desired effect. Less than a gram of extracts will offer up the same effects as the leaves. Extracts are much more potent.

For years, kratom has been used to treat pain, social anxiety and other conditions and disorders. Only a small dosage is needed to achieve the results desired. This is why indigenous people tend to love this natural drug. It’s effective, affordable and versatile.

Like all things it can lead to both physical and psychological dependence. Just be careful
Old 03-15-2020, 08:57 PM   #19
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havanaaddict View Post
Why does she not to use the marijuana that much? Is it that she does not like the the smoking part? For some it can be a lot of work and they worry about the smoke in there lungs. Using the vape cartages make it very easy and discrete. (but some worry about the scare they had, but that was black-market cartages). There are other devices that will turn buds into vapor with no flame, so no worry of carcinogens from smoke. (have done a lot of research and be glad to point in in the right direction if you need) PM me
Then there is edibles!

I would much rather see her using cannabis instead of opioids to maybe help cut back on them!!!
Thanks. She does use the vape option. We get it from a dispensary so it's legit as you say. I don't know for sure why but I suspect that since she was never a pot smoker in her younger days, there's the stigma for her. I try to encourage her to use it more to no avail. But even with the small amount she uses she has been able to cut back on the opioids some so it's better than none I guess.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:44 AM   #20
Havanaaddict
Man in Black!!!

You have to convince her that it's her Meds with a binafit. The binafit is that she can reduce the opioids that are very hard on her body. I know that most of the carts are very high in the like 23 % +. Look for a lower tch a blend of cbd and thc a lot of those are only 8.9 thc and 12.9 cbd. The cbd helps with the stress and the thc will only give you a mild high that last only a few hrs. Start checking on line places for a 1:1 cart like a strain called ac/dc and there are a few others. I will look up the stains and post back. Maybe trying a low dose gummy bear 5 mil start with eating a 1/2 and go form there. It takes longer to work maybe up to an hr.