Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-16-2010, 02:30 PM   #201
auburnfan1980

Default Re: what's the WORST cigar you've smoked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
Puros Indios green label. Not even sure what its called, but it was absolutely awful
Old 11-16-2010, 04:18 PM   #202
jsd

Camacho Triple Maduro, Casa Magna, Nub. Back in July I smoked my first and last of these brands. Too many good cigars out there to waste time and money on terrible cigars.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:04 PM   #203
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

gurhka grand reserve
makers mark red wax glass tube thing.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #204
auburnfan1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsd View Post
Camacho Triple Maduro, Casa Magna, Nub. Back in July I smoked my first and last of these brands. Too many good cigars out there to waste time and money on terrible cigars.
Jes, pleeeease do me a favor: Take a Casa Magna Colorado Robusto and let it sit in a humi for a month and re-visit it. I say this because I was in Birmingham visiting one of the shops and the manager sat in the back with me and gave me the new #1 cigar of the year- this same one in question. We sat there and smoked and smoked as he raved about how much he loved it and I simply looked at him and told him I hated it. I was serious.

Now? I think it's a phenomenal cigar! You may still hate it, but I've noticed over time that I can never fall in love or hate a cigar after the first one....I need a cross-section of the same cigar over time and in a consistent environment to give a good judgement.

If you need another one to try, let me know and I'll be happy to offer one of mine!
Old 11-16-2010, 08:07 PM   #205
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

It's a chase down between an Acid Blondie and the Bahia Bleu rot gut that my brother-in-law traumatized me with this spring.

And I agree that Casa Magnas are great sticks. I've not had a bad one yet.

Last edited by cmitch; 11-16-2010 at 08:18 PM.
cmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:09 PM   #206
jsd

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnfan1980 View Post
Jes, pleeeease do me a favor: Take a Casa Magna Colorado Robusto and let it sit in a humi for a month and re-visit it. I say this because I was in Birmingham visiting one of the shops and the manager sat in the back with me and gave me the new #1 cigar of the year- this same one in question. We sat there and smoked and smoked as he raved about how much he loved it and I simply looked at him and told him I hated it. I was serious.

Now? I think it's a phenomenal cigar! You may still hate it, but I've noticed over time that I can never fall in love or hate a cigar after the first one....I need a cross-section of the same cigar over time and in a consistent environment to give a good judgement.

If you need another one to try, let me know and I'll be happy to offer one of mine!
Ok, I'll pick up a Casa Magna soon and let it sit for a while. I'll try to remember to post on this thread when I smoke it. I probably shouldn't have been so quick to judge these. I have a few cigars that I really enjoy and when I have recommended them to friends they haven't enjoyed them as much as I do. Everybody's got their own taste preferences. But I will give the CM another shot.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:54 AM   #207
auburnfan1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsd View Post
Ok, I'll pick up a Casa Magna soon and let it sit for a while. I'll try to remember to post on this thread when I smoke it. I probably shouldn't have been so quick to judge these. I have a few cigars that I really enjoy and when I have recommended them to friends they haven't enjoyed them as much as I do. Everybody's got their own taste preferences. But I will give the CM another shot.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:55 AM   #208
thebiglebowski
Jack White's Roadie...

First Name: larry
Trading: (0)
Partagas
thebiglebowski is on a distinguished road

whatever the hell the one and only gurkha was that i smoked a few years back. tasted like dry dirt. honestly don't know why i even smoked it, but i wanted to give the brand a fair shake. never again...
thebiglebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:57 AM   #209
jkstewart1
Time to change the Avatar

First Name: John
Trading: (7)
jkstewart1 is on a distinguished road

Pirates Gold from CI. I keep trying what I have occasionally as a yard gar, but it doesn't get any better. Gives me a headache. I keep looking for someone who'll smoke anything to give them to.
jkstewart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:31 AM   #210
aich75013
Feeling at Home

First Name: Adrian
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
aich75013 will become famous soon enough

El Mejor Emerald.
Part of one of my first purchases from CI.
aich75013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:58 AM   #211
BloodSpite
He Who Dares...WINS!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (1)
HdM Army (Disabled Vet)
BloodSpite is on a distinguished road

Thompson Uniques.

I had ordered a box of Alec Bradley Harvest and they sent me a pack of the Thompson Uniques for free. Forget what exactly the deal was.

However without a doubt the worst things I ever had the misfortune to light.
BloodSpite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #212
KillerCelt
Alliteration is key

First Name: Adam
Trading: (1)
KillerCelt is on a distinguished road

Alcazar #5. My friend and I went golfing on my birthday and he gave it to me to smoke (without the caution sticker that is the band). It is important to note that my friend is an ass.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:58 PM   #213
Whynot
Living the dream...

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (11)
Cohiba AirForce (Active)
Whynot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski View Post
whatever the hell the one and only gurkha was that i smoked a few years back. tasted like dry dirt. honestly don't know why i even smoked it, but i wanted to give the brand a fair shake. never again...
One and only hardly seems like a fair shake. Hell they put out a new one every other day. I kid, I like some Gurkhas. Triple Ligeros are pretty damn good. My worst was La Cuna Habano Churchill. Got cheap on Cbid, would pay more to give them back.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:14 PM   #214
auburnfan1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whynot View Post
One and only hardly seems like a fair shake. Hell they put out a new one every other day. I kid, I like some Gurkhas. Triple Ligeros are pretty damn good. My worst was La Cuna Habano Churchill. Got cheap on Cbid, would pay more to give them back.

I'm convinced that the Gurkhas found at B&Ms are completely different than the ones whored out online at "83% off MSRP." If I remember correctly, the rep once indicated that it's almost as if Gurkha 'seconds' are what sells online, with their better stuff going to local retailers. I can honestly say that the Gurkhas I've tried from my B&M are FAR better than the ones I've purchased online. They're still overpriced, though.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #215
StocktonJohn

Worst was a Puros Indios figurado. Tasted like hay and salt. Seriously. Just awful.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:38 PM   #216
auburnfan1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by StocktonJohn View Post
Worst was a Puros Indios figurado. Tasted like hay and salt. Seriously. Just awful.
Good call on the hay.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:38 PM   #217
Shemp Howard
Who's Your Baghdadi?

First Name: Rick
Cohiba MarineCorps
Shemp Howard is on a distinguished road

My worst so far was some kind of ACID. I think they have one called Nasty, appropriate I'd say.
Shemp Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:04 PM   #218
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Believe it or not but the worst cigar I have had in a while was the Tat Outlaw. First Tat that I didn't care for and it really shocked me. I fought putting it down but in the end she was put down before her time. Even the aroma from the smoke was unpleasant to me. It could have been a bunk stick as it was my first but I am in no hurry to try another.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #219
CigarInspector
Blogging hedonist

First Name: Denis
RA
CigarInspector is on a distinguished road

Guantamera Cristales are pretty bad... It's like smoking a thick brown cigarette with no flavor at all.
CigarInspector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:48 AM   #220
htown
Feeling at Home

First Name: Mike
Trading: (29)
RyJ
htown will become famous soon enoughhtown will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarInspector View Post
Guantamera Cristales are pretty bad... It's like smoking a thick brown cigarette with no flavor at all.
htown is offline   Reply With Quote