Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 12-19-2011, 11:53 AM   #121
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Packer fan thoughts

This GB fan is not disappointed at all. GB is not nearly as good as their record. I was very uncomfortable feeling that this team would become blind to their weaknesses if they felt they could simply outscore anybody. I realize they have some very grounded players and I have confidence in the staff. Goal is to get to (and win) SB. Undefeated season is a distraction, not a goal.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #122
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't get to watch the game, or much football at all yesterday. We had family obligations we had to get to, but I did get to sneak a peek here and there.

I'm hoping to watch this game later when I get time.
I hated to see the perfect season go away, and I was completely shocked when I saw them losing yesterday.
Unfortunately the Pack was ripe for the picking, they couldn't overcome a few injuries, and it made their lack of depth glare. I'd have thought they'd have come better prepared, but apparently they just didn't have enough left to play at 100% plus. It happens. I suppose it's better to get knocked around now than when you're competing for The Show.
They put themselves in a bad position for homefield advantage with NO breathing down their neck. Now they have to grab one of these last two games to clinch and two slips will let New Orleans in (provided they keep steamrolling).

It's not a good time for them to start sliding, that's for sure. Everyone has their number now and you can be sure Chicago and Detroit will throw the kitchen sink at them.
It's gonna make for good ball.

It's kind of odd you Packers guys have to worry about someone breathing down your neck now. It's like that for the Steelers all year every year.
Baltimore is always right there making every week a must-win. Their losing last night makes me twice as afraid of the Steelers vs. San Fran tonight. If the Black and Gold relax for one second, San Fran could hand them their ass.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #123
rebelknight
Feeling at Home

First Name: John
Trading: (1)
rebelknight will become famous soon enough

NO cant get home field advantage because green bay beat them in week 1. If they both do finish 13-3 green bay owns the tie break. Im ok with the loss also. Rather see it now than in a month
rebelknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:12 PM   #124
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelknight View Post
NO cant get home field advantage because green bay beat them in week 1. If they both do finish 13-3 green bay owns the tie break. Im ok with the loss also. Rather see it now than in a month
Maybe you will see both?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #125
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

...I'm pulling for the Steelers tonight!
Old 12-20-2011, 07:51 AM   #126
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
...I'm pulling for the Steelers tonight!
What the '9ers did to the Steelers last night, frightens this Packer fan. Granted, big Ben is hobbled by injury. But, the Packer O-line is not what it should be.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #127
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

On Saturday, my son had a high school wrestling meet in Shawano. At this meet, the youth wresting group from Shawano was doing a fund raiser - a raffle of a 2010 Packer autographed football, an Ipod Touch, 4 tickets to Harlem Globetrotters (I think), and one for a 42" plasma TV.

I made a $10 donation (that's how I think of it, because I don't normally win) and put tickets in for the Ipod and the football.

The drawing for the Ipod was on Sat., and I didn't get picked. The football ticket was being drawn on Sunday during the Youth meet, but we weren't going to be there. I gave my tickets to a member from church, because they were going to be there that afternoon.

Well, they came by the house to drop off my football on Sunday night. I must say, I am pleased! I am also a bit taken aback, I never win.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #128
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
On Saturday, my son had a high school wrestling meet in Shawano. At this meet, the youth wresting group from Shawano was doing a fund raiser - a raffle of a 2010 Packer autographed football, an Ipod Touch, 4 tickets to Harlem Globetrotters (I think), and one for a 42" plasma TV.

I made a $10 donation (that's how I think of it, because I don't normally win) and put tickets in for the Ipod and the football.

The drawing for the Ipod was on Sat., and I didn't get picked. The football ticket was being drawn on Sunday during the Youth meet, but we weren't going to be there. I gave my tickets to a member from church, because they were going to be there that afternoon.

Well, they came by the house to drop off my football on Sunday night. I must say, I am pleased! I am also a bit taken aback, I never win.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Congrats!
Old 12-20-2011, 12:01 PM   #129
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations on that football Todd

Quote:
What the '9ers did to the Steelers last night, frightens this Packer fan. Granted, big Ben is hobbled by injury. But, the Packer O-line is not what it should be.
Then, the Packer O-line is gonna have to pull from deep down within and give it a 125% on these upcoming games...

Old 12-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #130
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

So far, so good. Gotta close out home field advantage tonight!
Old 12-25-2011, 07:52 PM   #131
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

Navy (Served With Honor)

Looking good at the half Tim, 14-3. Things started to pick-up at the end for the Packers. If the "D" line can keep plugging the run in the 2nd half, then we're looking good.

It would be nice to secure about another 17 points in the 2nd half though and keep the Bears to 7...

Old 12-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #132
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Looks like you're about to get your wish, Mark.
This one looks to be over.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:38 PM   #133
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14holestogie View Post
Looks like you're about to get your wish, Mark.
This one looks to be over.
Goooooooooooooo Cheeseheads
Old 12-26-2011, 01:31 AM   #134
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Thought the Bears put up a decent game with their QB and RB out, McNown and Bell were impressive.

Congrats to the Packer fans, and good luck in the playoffs....except if you play the Lions.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #135
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Enjoyed sitting at Lambeau last night. We won! Yippee!

The defense needs some serious work. We couldn't stop that run. That worries me as we head into post-season.

At this point, Packers opponents have more yardage than that Packers in their 14-1 record season. That's just astounding.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #136
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

First Name: Wade
Trading: (17)
SCdlH
Volusianator has a spectacular aura aboutVolusianator has a spectacular aura about

That blew me away too Rev!

Quote:
At this point, Packers opponents have more yardage than that Packers in their 14-1 record season. That's just astounding.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:54 PM   #137
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

Navy (Served With Honor)

So, is Matt Flynn gonna be the starting QB tomorrow or are they gonna go with Rogers for 3 or 4 possessions before substituting Flynn into the game with Detroit?

I don't have a problem with Flynn starting tomorrow, just hope he stays healthy for the duration of it. Hate to see something happen to him and Rogers has to come in and finish the game, which I'm sure the Lion's "D" would love to see occur.

Even though the media states this is a meaningless game for the Packers, I'd still like to see them win to have the best positive stats at years end

Old 12-31-2011, 11:12 PM   #138
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

Partagas

I hope Rogers plays a few series, as he's my QB in the fantasy championship tomorrow. I would imagine if he does play, he won't see the end of the half. Flynn and Harrell will probably finish it off.

Lot's of prideful things to play for. 15-1 has never been done in GB, they've never swept their division, and the Lions haven't won at Lambeau in ages.
But, it's the coach's call.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #139
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

Partagas

15-1 baybee! What a game.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #140
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

First Name: Wade
Trading: (17)
SCdlH
Volusianator has a spectacular aura aboutVolusianator has a spectacular aura about

Aaron who?