Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 01-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
Katmancross

Default 5 Vegas Classic Robusto

The robusto. The most popular size of all time. I have no idea why. I never buy them. I like bigger cigars to enjoy a longer smoking experience. To me the robusto is an appetizer. Makes me want more and then I usually light up another right away.
There's something about the 5 x 50 size that's so appealing to most smokers. Of course, the price is easier on the wallet, too.

I'm getting the 5 Vegas Classic pre light of cocoa and espresso.
I clip with my Xikar cutter.
The robusto doesn't wop you in the puss with immediate spice and creaminess. It tastes of wood and leather. The room is filling with smoke. It also has the best draw of all the sizes.
Construction is very good although this one has a lot of veins.
About an inch in, the spice enters. It's milder than a medium body as advertised. This is more of a stick for enjoying with the morning coffee.

Halfway through, a big splash of creaminess shows up. The spice lessens. I get sweet wood also.
The second half of the stick is big on creamy and it does ramp up into a medium body.
I continue to smoke, sipping water, and the consistency is welcome. Although, due to its size, it gets a little broader flavor profile than the smaller sizes. As I get to the nub, I'm getting a full flavored stick. It doesn't over power. It doesn't get harsh or bitter. Its a good 30 minute smoke.
I think the robusto is the perfect compromise between a corona and a churchill.
Price is great. $2.60 a stick.