Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Coffee & Tea Forum > Coffee Discussion

Old 09-05-2010, 05:19 AM   #41
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Re: McDonalds anyone?

At home I usually drink instant coffee because I can use three tsp in a cup; I like my coffee crunchy, like Navy coffee. At work, my desk in the lobby is eight feet from the coffee cart, and the lovely woman who runs it is from Antigua and she makes it extra strong.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #42
MrsPartridge
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
MrsPartridge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPartridge View Post
McDonald's now has amazing coffee! If you haven't tried it in the last year or so, you should give it a try. It's absolutely wonderful.

It used to be awful, but in Canada, people line up around the clock for fast food coffee (tim horton's) and so McD's worked on a superior coffee and they've done it.

Also Wendy's in Canada has great coffee now too.
Oh boy, I think I spoke too soon. Their coffee was great when I used to take it with double cream. Now I'm drinking coffee black. Ordinary Folgers at home is great black, btw. I tried McD today with no cream/no sugar and it was kind of bitter and acidic. Too bad I didn't have any salt on me to help with that.
MrsPartridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #43
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiE View Post
Is it possible to buy ground coffee and it be as good as whole bean? Dont have a grinder!
No, not even close. A decent burr grinder for drip or french press isn't an expensive investment.

Where is Mr Moo?
Old 09-05-2010, 03:08 PM   #44
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
... Where is Mr Moo?
Pretty sure the thread title would have turned him off...
Old 09-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #45
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

i drink espresso. I have an espresso machine at home. I buy my espresso beans from caribou coffee. Although i believe this chain is only regional. I prefer it to starbucks.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #46
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPartridge View Post
Oh boy, I think I spoke too soon. Their coffee was great when I used to take it with double cream. Now I'm drinking coffee black. Ordinary Folgers at home is great black, btw. I tried McD today with no cream/no sugar and it was kind of bitter and acidic. Too bad I didn't have any salt on me to help with that.
Isn't all black coffee bitter?

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:38 PM   #47
mobarbq
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Wes
mobarbq is on a distinguished road

Seconding ChicagoWhiteSox's motion, etc. French press for me all the way. I got a great coffee at Target of all places... Ethiopian Yergacheffe I think it was ( sp. ?) It was very good. I will drink McD's but usually only if I am on the road and it is more convenient to just drive through. I really would rather put the cream in myself and they always want to do it for you now to save time (for them).
Old 11-27-2010, 12:58 PM   #48
theoneandonly
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jeff
CoastGuard (Served With Honor)
theoneandonly is on a distinguished road

Having had a variety of coffee while in the CG, I would have to say that Kona coffee is pretty freaking good. I haven't been able to find it any other place outside Hawaii. I bought some DD french vanilla to brew at home and really enjoyed that. I've also tried some S-Bucks that was not good. I usually go with a mocha or latte from them now. The McD's near me has decent coffee that is pretty good. However, I did drink coffee that was hours old or burnt while in the CG so anything that isn't old or burnt tastes good to me. This thread has me rethinking my coffee situation. Right now I do an auto drip. I've been tossing around the idea of a french press for a couple years.

Last edited by theoneandonly; 11-27-2010 at 01:10 PM.
theoneandonly is offline   Reply With Quote