Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 07-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #61
mariogolbee

Default Re: Star Trek: TNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
DS9 was my fave for the big Klingon arc, even though the series premise was a blatant B5 ripoff...
Posted via Mobile Device
I love DS9! And TNG! And DSL's!
Old 07-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #62
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

I usually stay up on my night off so my sleep schedule doesn't get out of whack, and I've been watching TNG at 4 am on WGN. It's aged pretty well.
As for ranking the series:
DS9
TNG
TOS
Enterprise
Voyager (Janeway. Ugh.)

Has anyone watched the ST: New Voyages webisodes? Not bad, but some gaping plot holes, like Chekov dying.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #63
mariogolbee

Quote:
Has anyone watched the ST: New Voyages webisodes? Not bad, but some gaping plot holes, like Chekov dying.
Posted via Mobile Device
Chekov dies? WTF?
Old 07-30-2011, 10:33 PM   #64
blugill
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andy
Trading: (10)
blugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of light

I've got the entire ST:TNG series on DVD.
I plan on watching them in order the first two or three weeks I retire from my job in another 11 years!
Love that series, never miss an episode when it comes up on TV.
Great series that got better over time.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:41 PM   #65
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I usually stay up on my night off so my sleep schedule doesn't get out of whack, and I've been watching TNG at 4 am on WGN. It's aged pretty well.
As for ranking the series:
DS9
TNG
TOS
Enterprise
Voyager (Janeway. Ugh.)

Posted via Mobile Device
I've watched one or two episodes. Not bad for a fan made show. As far as Chekov dying, maybe this is set in an alternate reality, kinda like the new film?

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #66
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
I love DS9! And TNG! And DSL's!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #67
mariogolbee

I just had to.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:48 PM   #68
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Quote:
I just had to.

I watched an Episode of TNG last night: Cause and Effect

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #69
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post

I watched an Episode of TNG last night: Cause and Effect
AWESOME! I finished the entire series a week or two ago.

I have decided to watch all of Voyager since I never actually gave it much attention. I hope they hurry up and bring 7 of 9 on. Voyager is...entertaining, but it seems that there isn't much going on. I'm through an entire season and have witnessed very few battles, the ship shaking violently in nearly every single episode, Janeway always making overly intense facial expressions, and everyone thinking that the most bizarre events are "impossible" even though the Federation should have tons of data that "impossible" is just "improbable" by now. ARGH! But, it is more Star Trek and I will watch it every night for the low cost of $7.99 per month streaming.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:21 PM   #70
DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation

Quote:
AWESOME! I finished the entire series a week or two ago.

I have decided to watch all of Voyager since I never actually gave it much attention. I hope they hurry up and bring 7 of 9 on. Voyager is...entertaining, but it seems that there isn't much going on. I'm through an entire season and have witnessed very few battles, the ship shaking violently in nearly every single episode, Janeway always making overly intense facial expressions, and everyone thinking that the most bizarre events are "impossible" even though the Federation should have tons of data that "impossible" is just "improbable" by now. ARGH! But, it is more Star Trek and I will watch it every night for the low cost of $7.99 per month streaming.
Voyager becomes a great series later on. DS9 is my favorite of the franchise and Even Enterprise is really good.

One of the best sci-fi series in my opinion is the new Battlestar Galactica. If that's still streaming, check it out...
Old 10-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #71
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBall View Post
Voyager becomes a great series later on. DS9 is my favorite of the franchise and Even Enterprise is really good.

One of the best sci-fi series in my opinion is the new Battlestar Galactica. If that's still streaming, check it out...
Battlestar Galactica is great TV. I never watched it, until I began streaming it a couple months ago. I dont' have time to watch every night, but I LOVE it. I love the entire Stargate series, but ran out of options there recently so I started streaming Battlestar Galactica. It is very well done.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:08 AM   #72
Lonely Raven

I take it you mean the newer Battlestar Galactica and not the original?
Old 10-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #73
Will herf for food

VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
I take it you mean the newer Battlestar Galactica and not the original?
Yes. I've never seen the original.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #74
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Watched every episode of TNG when it first aired. To this day, The Inner Light is not only my favorite episode of that series, but probably one of my favorite episodes in television history. I watched most episodes of DS9, but it started getting a little too weird for my taste, but I hung in there. Definitely didn't enjoy it as much as TNG. Couldn't get into Enterprise at all, even though I like Scott Bakula from his days on Quantum Leap. Voyager? Meh.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:04 PM   #75
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

I could get into Enterprise.

Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #76
Will herf for food

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratters View Post
I could get into Enterprise.

Yes. Me too.

I liked all of the Star Trek series some. Voyager was the worst with Janeway and her "macho" faces she was always sporting.

DS9 I just lost track of. I may have to revisit that series via NetFlix. I really liked Enterprise, but TNG is probably my fav.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #77
ThePict
Is it time for SoCal yet?

Trading: (0)
Partagas
ThePict is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Watched every episode of TNG when it first aired. To this day, The Inner Light is not only my favorite episode of that series, but probably one of my favorite episodes in television history. I watched most episodes of DS9, but it started getting a little too weird for my taste, but I hung in there. Definitely didn't enjoy it as much as TNG. Couldn't get into Enterprise at all, even though I like Scott Bakula from his days on Quantum Leap. Voyager? Meh.
Absolutely agree with you on Inner Light. Truly an amazing episode and a terrific example of what Star Trek can be about. One of my personal all time favorites from all the series, and I've been there for them all since I first discovered the origional show in the late sixties.
ThePict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #78
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBall View Post

I'm about half way through the third season now and there are a few episodes that have made me grow on it by now. I still think that the ship shakes nearly every episode, Janeway makes those overly dramatic faces, and Tuvok melds with everyone and their sister, but I'm enjoying it so far.

I'll need to give BSG a try some time. However, it may be a year or more before I can get to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Watched every episode of TNG when it first aired. To this day, The Inner Light is not only my favorite episode of that series, but probably one of my favorite episodes in television history.
I enjoyed Inner Light. I like how they make references to that episode later throughout the course of the series.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:47 PM   #79
Will herf for food

VR

Quote:
I'm about half way through the third season now and there are a few episodes that have made me grow on it by now. I still think that the ship shakes nearly every episode, Janeway makes those overly dramatic faces, and Tuvok melds with everyone and their sister, but I'm enjoying it so far.

I'll need to give BSG a try some time. However, it may be a year or more before I can get to it.

I enjoyed Inner Light. I like how they make references to that episode later throughout the course of the series.
You'll love BSG. Make sure you see the first episode. Netflix doesn't have it, many places list the first episode as a pilot. It's 100% essential to see it first before "Episode 1".
Old 11-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #80
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
You'll love BSG. Make sure you see the first episode. Netflix doesn't have it, many places list the first episode as a pilot. It's 100% essential to see it first before "Episode 1".
Thanks for the heads up.