Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-04-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

First Name: Eric
Trading: (29)
PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about
Default Took my first Core exercise class...ouch

So my work has a gym with a few personal trainers...they have a bunch of classes and one of them is core training...basically gut, legs, and back. So I figure wtf I workout several times per week this should be no biggie...man was I wrong. 45 minutes of Bosu (half ball thingy) doing push-ups, lunges, planks with leg twist things....I am so damn tired. Gonna think twice before I eat that double baconator with cheese and large fry again...sick of carrying it in my cut...I have a feeling I am gonna be sore tomorrow. I do cardio 3 times per week and lift at least that...this was way harder.
e-man67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #2
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Took my first Core exercise class...ouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-man67 View Post
So my work has a gym with a few personal trainers...they have a bunch of classes and one of them is core training...basically gut, legs, and back. So I figure wtf I workout several times per week this should be no biggie...man was I wrong. 45 minutes of Bosu (half ball thingy) doing push-ups, lunges, planks with leg twist things....I am so damn tired. Gonna think twice before I eat that double baconator with cheese and large fry again...sick of carrying it in my cut...I have a feeling I am gonna be sore tomorrow. I do cardio 3 times per week and lift at least that...this was way harder.
I am playing the world's smallest violin for you.

I would probably die doing one of those classes.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:17 PM   #3
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

I couldn't imagine eating what you ate before any workout
Old 03-04-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

First Name: Eric
Trading: (29)
PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
I couldn't imagine eating what you ate before any workout
hell no I didn't eat that before my workout! Actually I only eat bad a few times a week...can't give up skyline.
e-man67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:58 PM   #5
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-man67 View Post
hell no I didn't eat that before my workout! Actually I only eat bad a few times a week...can't give up skyline.
I had some Skyline for lunch
Old 03-04-2010, 05:28 PM   #6
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
I had some Skyline for lunch
Skyline?
Posted via Mobile Device
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #7
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post
Skyline?
Posted via Mobile Device
The best chili. chippewastud79 and e-man will attest to this: http://www.skylinechili.com/
Old 03-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #8
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

It was only harder because your body is not used to it yet...
Old 03-05-2010, 01:33 AM   #9
Patrick B
Feeling at Home

Trading: (6)
Patrick B has a spectacular aura aboutPatrick B has a spectacular aura aboutPatrick B has a spectacular aura about

Eric, my youngest daughter worked out with the trainer last week and did all core stuff. She was dying for the next few days but we learned a lot of great new core exercises to incorporate into our routine. The half-ball plank leg raises are deadly; I've done them twice and hate them completely!
Patrick B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:26 AM   #10
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

How many reps of this stuff did you do in that time? To me these types of classes don't really benefit your muscle growth. They may condition you but don't give you real strength. Doing 100-200 reps of any excercise isn't beneficial.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:04 AM   #11
Patrick B
Feeling at Home

Trading: (6)
Patrick B has a spectacular aura aboutPatrick B has a spectacular aura aboutPatrick B has a spectacular aura about

Christos - we are doing them solely for golf. A strong core is supposed to help and that's all we are worried about.
Patrick B is offline   Reply With Quote