Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 09-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #121
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

First Name: Rob
Trading: (19)
HUpmann Army (Disabled Vet)
RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Breaking Bad Season 5

Marie is also wearing black for only the second time in the series. Every other episode before hank died, she wore purple. I love picking the episodes apart! Vince Gilligan is really a clever producer...almost everything in every episode is put in intentionally. Even down to the songs you hear on the radio usually foreshadow or have something to do with the episode.
RobR1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #122
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

Great ending to an epic series! It ramped up from the first show to the last. Definitely in my top shows of all time. Right up there with the Wire. ...it'll be a while before another show can hang with BB.
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #123
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

One loose end that I'm wondering about: What happens to Brock? Does Jessie take him under his wing?
Old 10-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #124
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about

Guess that's left up to interpretation. My assumption is yes since Jesse has been getting the s****y end of the stick for five seasons. Finally, the poor guy is free since Walt took all the blame for the crimes he and Jesse committed.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #125
gbum
Feeling at Home

First Name: Asyraf
Partagas
gbum is on a distinguished road

Great show! Non the less,i still hoping for alternate ending with cliche story... Like his cancer is gone... Kill everybody in his path even the grey matter couple... And live as a king somewhere in asia or elsewhere...
Old 10-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #126
dgold21
Why do I gotta be Mr Pink

First Name: Dave
SCdlH
dgold21 is on a distinguished road

I thought the ending was perfect...even though some of it was foreshadowed, the writing was brilliant and left me completely satisfied. If they had gone so far to tie up ALL the loose ends (Brock, what happens to Jesse, Skylar, etc...) then it would have really detracted from the overall feel of the finale in my opinion. I don't need to know what happened after the events at the closing scene, I want to remember the show as it was presented...Vince's ideal vision of how the story ends.
dgold21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #127
Robulous78

I definitely feel they started a story arch in the Madrigal Electromotor direction and then scaled it back rampantly to come to a conclusion on time... I mean do you really think Lydia had COMPLETE control over her Czech republic cohorts? I definitely think there was more to that then they presented us... that being said, It was a good conclusion wrapping up ALL MOST all loose ends IMHO...
Old 10-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #128
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

Yeah I will agree with you rob. The show was almost perfect, but certainly had its flaws. The ricin in the last episode, for example, would decompose in hot or boiling water in real life thus not causing it to poison someone like it did to Lydia. The madrigal company definitely could have Been explained better because when they first introduced it in season five, I was like: who are these people? But at this point, I'm just nitpicking at small imperfections in the show.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #129
Robulous78

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobR1205 View Post
Yeah I will agree with you rob. The show was almost perfect, but certainly had its flaws. The ricin in the last episode, for example, would decompose in hot or boiling water in real life thus not causing it to poison someone like it did to Lydia. The madrigal company definitely could have Been explained better because when they first introduced it in season five, I was like: who are these people? But at this point, I'm just nitpicking at small imperfections in the show.
Well I didn't catch the ricin technicality but I really feel while they did an excellent job making Lydia out to be up tight and analytic one obviously can tell she merely has connections and thereby makes her money, her hands are too unsteady to get dirty. So I feel that even with her death there are some Czech's out there going WTF... Not that it really matters to Walt anymore, but if they dug deep enough it could affect Skyler and Jr.

Jesse driving off into the night is a nice touch, but realistically, if the cops were on the way after the M-60 report, they would have seen the suspect car speeding off, bashed by the front gate it busted through, stopped it and got him. Guess thats why you have to suspend reality a bit... All this speculation about him going to get Brock is a nice after thought, but if his mother was just murdered would the child not be in protective custody or a child care home? both requiring Jesse to face authority figures? like I said, its a nice thought but doubtful...

with no money, possibly a house that everyone in ABQ knows the location of, I see Jesse driving that car off into the desert, running out of gas, and as he hikes to the next town jesse dies alone in the desert of dehydration... <end scene>

also, the body placement of Walt and Jesse during the m-60 onslaught, how is it possible that walt would get hit and not Jesse with a round so powerful laying in the position they were?

these are minor details, but the 1, SINGLE, cliche that bothered me most about the whole episode... Jack played along only too well by letting Walt egg him on to bring Jesse to the room when accusing them of being partners, I think that exchange between Walt and Jack could have used some more tweaking, Wouldn't a man like Jack just not proceed to beat the piss out of someone that said he was partners with a rat? I think Walt could have/should have for realism, taken a punch or 2 there before making Todd produce Jesse from the lab...

And while most people got the idea of the wooden box dream Jesse was having, it was only touched on once before in the entire run of the show, I would have liked to see more of Jesse's simpler dream...

As for Walt, something that bothers me is while we did see him enjoy himself marginally, and we did see him gather a butt ton of money, we never really get to see him as a King-esque figure, except save maybe the 1 shot of him in the back seat of Mikes car when he says "because I said so..."

All the above aside, I thoroughly enjoyed the show, and much like the drug they were producing itself, it has left me twitching and wanting more...
Old 10-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #130
Mr. Grimes
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Cass
Cohiba
Mr. Grimes is on a distinguished road

Loved the show and the ending. Sad to see it end.
Mr. Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #131
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light