Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-06-2010, 05:17 AM   #641
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, a fresh pot of coffee is on and it's lookin' like we have another great day ahead of us. Well, the Yankees winning streak came to an end yesterday as they lost 7 - 3. They'll be taking on the Orioles today at 1305(1:05pm) here in the Bronx and hopefully they turn that loss around and put a bog "W". Congrats goes out to Tony Stewart and the entire Office Depot racing team for winning last night's NASCAR race down in hot-lanta. NOAA is calling for a great dat today, sunny with a high near 75:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

I hope everyone has a happy Labor Day and gets the chance to get out and relax with a favorite or two.......
Old 09-07-2010, 02:26 AM   #642
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, it's early but at least the coffee is on. The Yankees played a good game yesterday but came up short 4 - 3. They'll be taking on the Birds from Baltimore again this evening and C.C. Sabathia will be going for his 20th win of the season. The start time of tonight's game is 1905(7:05pm) and I'm sure that Yankee Stadium will be packed tonight. Anyway, I hope everyone has a good one and enjoys.......
Old 09-08-2010, 04:33 AM   #643
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, the Yankees lost their 3rd game in a row and C.C. Sabathia is stuck on 19 wins still. The Bombers will be taking on the Birds today at 1305(1:05pm) and hopefully they end this losing streak. Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys a favorite or two or.......
Old 09-09-2010, 03:49 AM   #644
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. Well, the Yankees ended their losing streak in New York fasion with Nick Swisher hitting a 2 run walk-off homer in the bottom of the 9th to win it, 3 - 2:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

The Bombers are off today and will be taking on the Texas Rangers this weekend down in Arlington, TX. Being that it's Thursday, I will do my best to stop on over at Schlesinger's this evening to enjoy a primo stogie and see how all the S/BOTL are doing. I hope everyone has a good one and enjoys it as well........
Old 09-10-2010, 03:53 AM   #645
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0430. I stopped over to Schlesinger's last night to enjoy a nice cigar and see how the locals are doing and all. It was pretty busy since last night as they were televising the NFL's season opener. Tonight, the Yankees will be taking on the Rangers at 2005(8:05pm) and the NASCAR Nationwide Series will be live from Richmond, VA starting at 1900(7pm) as well. Tomorrow, Army has it's first home football game of the season which is against Hawaii with a 1200(12pm) kickoff. It's gonna be a long (but fun) day as we have to be in the Emergency Operation Center at 0530(5:30am) until 1600(4pm) in support of the day's festivities. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys.......

T.G.I.F.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:20 AM   #646
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Morning all, got to run and get to West Point to work the Army vs Hawaii football game. Enjoy......
Old 09-12-2010, 05:13 AM   #647
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, Army lost to Hawaii 31 - 28 yesterday as did the Yankees 7 - 6. Denny Hamlin won the NASCAR race last night in Richmond, VA, congrats to the entire Joe Gibbs racing team. Today we have a few NFL games to watch as well as the Yankees vs the Rangers baseball game. I hope everyone has a super Sunday and enjoys.......
Old 09-12-2010, 05:51 AM   #648
Lumpold
Hippy Fascist

First Name: Lumpy
Trading: (3)
Cuaba
Lumpold has disabled reputation
Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Mornin' Charlie, in more important sorts news, Everton scored twice in injury time to deny Manchester Utd and 3-1 win at Everton's home ground, Goodison Park. Best result of yesterday. Not that anyone reading this thread probably cares about (real) football....

What's in the pot? Anything good, or a bog standard blend?
Lumpold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:19 AM   #649
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso coffee is brewin'. Well, the Yankees lost another one (4 - 1) and hopefully they bounce back tonight with a "W". They'll be taking on the Tampa Bay Rays down at Tropicana Field with a start time of 1910(7:10pm). It will definitely be a pitching duel with C.C. Sabathia (19 - 6) taking on David Price (17 - 6). Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys a few of your favorites throughout it.......
Old 09-14-2010, 04:55 AM   #650
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso coffee is finally on. Well, C.C. Sabathia is still stuck on 19 wins as the Yankees lost to the Rays 1 - 0 in 11 innings. The two teams will be back at it again tonight at 1910(7:10pm) and hopefully the tides change and we get a win for a change. I hope everyone has a good on and enjoys......
Old 09-15-2010, 03:36 AM   #651
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. Last night it was the Yankees turn to win it in the 10th inning with a final score of 8 - 7. The Bombers are back in first place by a half of a game and these two teams will play each other again tonight with a start time of 1910(7:10pm). I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys a favorite or two or.......
Old 09-16-2010, 03:38 AM   #652
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for a while now. Well, the Yankees dropped one last night with the final score of 4 - 3 making it only one win out of the last 6 games. They are off tonight and then onto Baltimore for the weekend. Being that it's Thursday, I'll most likely end up at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening for a primo stick or two. I know that they are having bourbon & scotch sampling as well as a Berger & Argenti cigars and a Kristoff cigar event this evening. The sampling is scheduled to run from 1730(5:30pm) to 1930(7:30pm) and the cigar event runs 1600(4pm) to 2100(9pm). They are posting the info on their facebook page "Hudson Valley Cigars" and I'm sure that they'll have a good showing. I hope everyone has a great day as well and enjoys......
Old 09-17-2010, 03:58 AM   #653
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans are hittin' the spot. We had a good time last night at Schlesinger's and a big thanks goes out to the Hudson Valley Cigar crew as well as Mike Ferraro who supplied the smokes for the Kristoff/Berger & Argenti event. Sports wise, we have the Yankees taking on the Orioles tonight in Baltimore, the NASCAR racers are over in Loudon, NH gettin' ready for the Sunday's race and North Texas is arriving shortly for tomorrow's Army vs N. Texas football here at West Point. The weather is looking very favorable as well according to NOAA; Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 72. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph. Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 51. Light south wind.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

Anyway, I hope everyone has a enjoyable and relaxing weekend. Smoke a few of your favorites throughout it if you get the chance.......
Old 09-18-2010, 02:13 AM   #654
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and I'm headin' out to West Point in a few to work the Army vs. North Texas football game. Well last night, the Yankees came from behind in the 9th inning with a 3 run blast from A-Rod to win it 4 - 3. Today the two teams will be back at it again with C.C. Sabathia trying for the 3rd time to get his 20th win of the season. It's a 1905(7:05pm) start time so I'll be able to watch it as well. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys.......
Old 09-19-2010, 05:12 AM   #655
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans have been brewin' for a little bit now. Well, C.C. Sabathia finally got his 20th win of the season as the Yankees won big time 11 - 3 yesterday. They'll be back at it today with Andy Pettitte back in the rotation with a start time of 1335(1:35pm). Also yesterday, Army dominated North Texas with a 24 - 0 win here at West Point. Today, the NASCAR drivers will be starting their engines roughly at 1300(1pm) in Loudon, NH and I hope that everyone there enjoys the race. Also today, we have plenty of football to watch as the NFL is in full swing being that it's week 2 of the 2010 - 2011 season. Anyway, I hope everyone has a super Sunday and gets to enjoy a favorite or two or.......
Old 09-20-2010, 03:26 AM   #656
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, the Yankees lost yesterday in the bottom of the 11th 4 - 3 giving up the sweep over Baltimore. Startin' today, the Bombers have a 4 game series with the Rays down in Tampa Bay. With 2 weeks left in the regular season, this series can break the American League East wide open. Congrats to Clint Bowyer and the entire Richard Childress Racing team for winning yesterday's NASCAR race. Also, congrats to the Eagles and the Jets for winning their football games yesterday. I hope everyone has a great week and has the time to enjoy a few primo sticks throughout it.......
Old 09-21-2010, 03:42 AM   #657
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and well deserved. Last night the Yankees won over the Rays 8 - 6 moving them into first place now with a game and a half lead over Tampa Bay. Phil Hughes will be starting this evening for the Bombers with the first pitch being thrown at 1905(7:05pm). Have a great day all and enjoy.......
Old 09-22-2010, 03:33 AM   #658
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, the Yankees are on a roll (knock on wood) and it's a good time of the season to be doing it with 11 regular season games left to play. They won again last night over the Rays 8 - 3 and the two teams will be back at this evening with A.J. Burnett pitching for the Bombers. Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys.......
Old 09-23-2010, 04:09 AM   #659
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso coffee is on and kickin'. Well, after a 2+ hour rain delay last night at Yankee Stadium, the bull pen couldn't keep up as the Bombers lost to the Rays, 7 - 2. The two teams will play one last game of this series today at the same time as last night with C.C. Sabathia taking on David Price, should be a great pitching duel. Being that it's Thursday, I'll most likely stop by Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening to smoke a primo stogie and see how the S/BOTL are doing. Anyway, I hope everyone has a good one and enjoys it as well.......
Old 09-25-2010, 04:15 AM   #660
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, after an evening with a number of home run, the Yankees came up short to the Red Sox 10 - 8. The two teams will battle again today with a start time of 1610(4:10pm), hopefully the Bombers get the "W" this time. Also, there are a number a great college football games on today as well as the NASCAR Nationwide race from Dover, DE and the NASCAR truck race from Las Vegas. I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys it as well........