Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 09-23-2009, 12:35 PM   #81
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mad as heck at a retailer

MCS...you handled this situation quite admirably, Hats off to you brother!! Way to step in and square things away Alex.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:38 PM   #82
SNKBYT
PATRIOT and VETERAN

First Name: Alex
Trading: (30)
Partagas Army (Disabled Vet)
SNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
MCS...you handled this situation quite admirably, Hats off to you brother!! Way to step in and square things away Alex.
Tom fixed it...I just brought it to his attention
Old 09-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #83
Starz26
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Eric
Trading: (22)
Army (Served With Honor)
Starz26 will become famous soon enough

I am glad this issue was resolved, but it seems that there are bigger issues with this vendor. The fact that it has come to this point at all is telling. Especially when it seems to be a trend AND that Tom has been made aware of this before.....

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...1&postcount=10

I hope we see a reversal of this trend as it will take many good future reviews before my business ever goes there.

Alex, your involvement there does ease some fears that if a situation happens again that it can be resolved, it is just stopping it from happening at all that concerns me.
Starz26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #84
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkbyt View Post
Tom fixed it...I just brought it to his attention
Thanks for helping resolve this, Alex!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:38 PM   #85
SNKBYT
PATRIOT and VETERAN

First Name: Alex
Partagas Army (Disabled Vet)
SNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starz26 View Post
I am glad this issue was resolved, but it seems that there are bigger issues with this vendor. The fact that it has come to this point at all is telling. Especially when it seems to be a trend AND that Tom has been made aware of this before.....

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...1&postcount=10

I hope we see a reversal of this trend as it will take many good future reviews before my business ever goes there.

Alex, your involvement there does ease some fears that if a situation happens again that it can be resolved, it is just stopping it from happening at all that concerns me.
time will tell....its a small company with 4-6 workers....more in the sidelines ready to set up and handle the job when they expand ,,,,third is still in intfancy mode

any futher questions / concrens in the future fell free to PM me

for healp
Old 10-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #86
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation

That 5 pack Tom offered up never came. I'm not really surprised and don't want it at this point. I think my original conclusion on this company was correct.

MCS
Old 10-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #87
AlohaStyle
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (40)
AlohaStyle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly View Post
That 5 pack Tom offered up never came. I'm not really surprised and don't want it at this point. I think my original conclusion on this company was correct.

MCS
Well I think that company permanently lost any potential customers that frequent this board! Sorry to the guy on this board that works for them... I know what it's like to have to apologize for an incompetent owner!

Sorry you had those issues as I did with my Cain orders too. I had issues with 2 vendors before I finally received my Cains about 3.5 weeks later...
AlohaStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #88
Chris.
PSHC!

Trading: (25)
Partagas
Chris. will become famous soon enoughChris. will become famous soon enough

Wow. WTF
Old 10-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #89
Mr Edmundo
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (15)
Montecristo
Mr Edmundo is on a distinguished road

Wow! Unbelievable!
Funny, I recently tried a "Duque" cigar I got in a sampler from a BOTL and rather liked it. Must be a house brand for them, I guess.
Any thoughts of ordering from these guys is now out of the question. There are far too many excellent retailers out there to be bothered with this kind of bs.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:58 PM   #90
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Edmundo View Post
Wow! Unbelievable!
Funny, I recently tried a "Duque" cigar I got in a sampler from a BOTL and rather liked it. Must be a house brand for them, I guess.
Any thoughts of ordering from these guys is now out of the question. There are far too many excellent retailers out there to be bothered with this kind of bs.
There is also a brand named Duque that is not associated with the retailer. Rather mild and creamy if I remember.

MCS
Old 10-10-2009, 12:23 PM   #91
Mr Edmundo
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (15)
Montecristo
Mr Edmundo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
There is also a brand named Duque that is not associated with the retailer. Rather mild and creamy if I remember.

MCS
Thanks. That must have been what I smoked.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #92
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

When there are retailers that consistently go above and beyond I wouldn't even waste my time with mediocre ones, let alone retailers like this.

Sorry for the bummer Scott but on the bright side you took one for the team and now we all know.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:29 AM   #93
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

Bolivar

A customer service rep from Duque called me yesterday and left a voicemail stating that the robustos I ordered came in and I could call to reorder. So, If I would have waited, they would have had my money for nearly 2 months before shipping. Comical.

MCS
Old 10-27-2009, 05:32 AM   #94
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
A customer service rep from Duque called me yesterday and left a voicemail stating that the robustos I ordered came in and I could call to reorder. So, If I would have waited, they would have had my money for nearly 2 months before shipping. Comical.

MCS
That sounds like a great deal, Scott. They could have accrued intrest off of your money in that length of time, but would you have made any intrest off of the cigars?

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote