Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 11-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
badbriar

Default Camacho Coyolar Rothschild

This cigar was bought for two reasons... First, for a short (4.5 x 50) and quick stick to enjoy while taking the dogs out. Second was curiosity about the reputation of it being a strong smoke. Both proved to be spot on.
Pre-light aroma was virtually non-existant. Moving on to using a punch with perfect results - no damage to the beautiful triple cap - resulted in a flawless, easy draw. Torching then first draw... A bomb load of flavor. Woah, dude, almost too much there! This was the biggest flavor bomb I've run into. Loads of flavors that were almost overwhelming. Not too much vitamin N strength yet, but tons of flavors coming on all at once. Very mild sweetness with mostly earthiness, oak wood, dark tobacco and strong bitter coffee. That's a good thing and the taste was really pretty good. Similar to the Asylum 13 , but much stronger and not as sweet. I'd describe this cigar as being like that mug of double expresso that you deliberately made with about half the water - a real smack in the face of concentrated flavor. Burn was good to the end as was the complex flavor profile. Not an everyday stick for me, but I will definitely keep these on hand for those times when I feel like a silky smooth concentrated, strong flavor bomb. Recommended!
RR
Old 11-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #2
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Camacho Coyolar Rothschild

Thanks for the review; I'll have to give one a try. I haven't really been impressed by too many Camamchos in the past but will still give ones I haven't tried a chance.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #3
smokin5
Have My Own Room

Trading: (69)
Bolivar
smokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nice

Get'em while you can.
These were dropped in the new rebranding/remarketing of Camacho.
They are no longer being made, but you can still find good deals at
some retailers.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
badbriar

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin5 View Post
Get'em while you can.
These were dropped in the new rebranding/remarketing of Camacho.
They are no longer being made, but you can still find good deals at
some retailers.
A shame, since they are a perfect size to get a good buzz from a nice tasting short stick. One of the few truly Full strength cigars that are labeled as such.

RR