Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-21-2009, 01:44 PM   #61
TXRebel
Have My Own Room

First Name: Cary
Trading: (12)
TXRebel has disabled reputation
Default Re: wanna freak the hell out of some people, do th

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Wow, a lot of assumptions here for people who weren't there.
Searching his house and car (being that he was riding a motorcycle) just seems a little extreme, when no weapons were found. IMOH, unless he had a criminal record, it shouldn’t have went past record checks, outside by the patrol car.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:00 PM   #62
ade06
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ade
Trading: (24)
Trinidad
ade06 will become famous soon enoughade06 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Wow, a lot of assumptions here for people who weren't there.

Ade, you make it sound like fact...hope Brad filled in those details for you and you didn't just come up with that as factual on your own.
I'm going off of the "facts" and mental recollections that Brad stated throughout the post. You are correct that I nor anyone else on this board (other than Brad) was there. But as Brad also noted, he didn't think that this was a big deal nor was he mad that his whole day was wasted (I would have been, but to each their own). But, I don't think that I'm out of line by analyzing Brad's recollections that he was flattened on the floor, cuffed, dragged downtown (the 2 mile away police station) in a small conservative town and before he could be released, the police "had" to check out his house, car, bike and bags. Would the police have "had" to do all of the above mentioned things if Brad had requested an attorney or had one present? I think not. And, I didn't have to be there in person to offer my opinion based on the "facts" presented. No harm intended, my statements are just my opinions (as are the rest of the posters in any given thread).
ade06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:48 PM   #63
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanGAR View Post
Now, if they wanted a peek down my pants, they'd have to buy me a beer first.
well....now this clearly depends on the cop....some wouldn't need the beer first...maybe after...
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:10 PM   #64
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRebel View Post
Searching his house and car (being that he was riding a motorcycle) just seems a little extreme, when no weapons were found. IMOH, unless he had a criminal record, it shouldn’t have went past record checks, outside by the patrol car.
Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ade06 View Post
I'm going off of the "facts" and mental recollections that Brad stated throughout the post. You are correct that I nor anyone else on this board (other than Brad) was there. But as Brad also noted, he didn't think that this was a big deal nor was he mad that his whole day was wasted (I would have been, but to each their own). But, I don't think that I'm out of line by analyzing Brad's recollections that he was flattened on the floor, cuffed, dragged downtown (the 2 mile away police station) in a small conservative town and before he could be released, the police "had" to check out his house, car, bike and bags. Would the police have "had" to do all of the above mentioned things if Brad had requested an attorney or had one present? I think not. And, I didn't have to be there in person to offer my opinion based on the "facts" presented. No harm intended, my statements are just my opinions (as are the rest of the posters in any given thread).
No harm taken, and I agree that without consent the cops really had no basis for a search. And I believe if the cops had found drugs or some illegal contraband unrelated to an implement of armed robbery, no prosecutor worth his salt would have approved charges, as that evidence would have been irreparably tainted, regardless of any consent for the search.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:03 PM   #65
darb85

yup the more i look into it i realize that I probably shouldnt have given consent, but I have never even been inside of a police station. An hoestly what was the harm? a little extreme ya, but hell i learned my lesson. haha

Live and learn i suppose next time(if there is a next time) Ill ask for a lawyer? meh
Old 04-21-2009, 10:06 PM   #66
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb85 View Post
yup the more i look into it i realize that I probably shouldnt have given consent, but I have never even been inside of a police station. An hoestly what was the harm? a little extreme ya, but hell i learned my lesson. haha

Live and learn i suppose next time(if there is a next time) Ill ask for a lawyer? meh
Asking for a lawyer would likely have made them rethink their position, Brad. I understand the "nothing to hide" rationale, but I would feel quite invaded, even in my position, having a bunch of cops rifling through my personal chit. Cripes, they might find my Gurkha stash!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote