Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-14-2010, 03:01 PM   #61
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USPS opening a domestic package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
My thoughts exactly. I work at UPS in the mornings as a second job and I can see how this can/does happen. Not sure if the potential is there with USPS, but would assume so. Hope this turned out ok.
I worked for UPS for a minute and there was always stuff floating around in the truck that came out of packages. I always did my best to try to get the loosies back in the right box, but I could have easily stuffed the wrong thing in the wrong open box. There's no time to mess around.
The alternative is that no one gets the roll arounds, and I just fall on them.
I can see real easy how stuff could have fell out and the wrong stuff put back in. I can't imagine anyone intentionally rifling and putting the wrong stuff in. The odds are way too astronomical, but I'm sure it could happen. It's just awful far out there.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:13 PM   #62
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

I would be curious to hear how this turned out.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:39 PM   #63
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbourjay View Post
So i sent a package to a member here and all went well with everything except, he gets the priority mail box and it had been opened by the USPS. they opened it, removed two of the coffins and replaced them with a note and some type of quit smoking tips.

is there any repercussions to the post office about this, or the employee? they blatantly stole something of mine and replaced it. i'm waiting for the box to get back to me to take it to the post office but would like everyone's opinions on what i should do. should i talk to the post master? i don't ship insured, only with a DC# usually as i don't expect the USPS to steal anything. especially a small priority mail box.
I know this isn't what you want to hear but it's highly unlikely that it was opened by a postal worker...I recently won a set of trading cards on ebay...the seller stuck them in a small priority mail box and shipped it...it came to me as an empty box with a stamp on it from the PO stating the box opened during shipment and the contents were lost...the problem here is the stickum they use on those boxes...it's crappy...I never ship a priority mail item without taping the box shut over their flap...the flaps never stay closed...a more likely scenario is that the box opened and the missing items fell out and were seperated from the box and the PO employees had no way to match them up as the contents probably went one way and the box another...if the box opened in a mail bag the coffins would have slid to the bottom of the bag while the box went on for processing...when someone noticed the box was open they added the note...by then, the missing contents were long gone...the PO usually doesn't deliberately open domestic mail unless there's a reason...hopefully, that's why the stupid laws that some states are passing banning the mailing of tobacco products will fail...it's highly unlikely the PO is going to take on the job of enforcer...