Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 06-08-2021, 08:05 PM   #1
hikari
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (0)
Partagas
hikari is on a distinguished road
Default New Humidor Suggestions

NewAir 840 Thoughts? or other suggestions for the same size unit?

Ok, guys, after going back and forth on another thread, I think I decided not to wait for my wineador to die and replace it sooner than later. During the summer months, the problem is that the compressor turns on too much. It was making The RF recovery way too long. So I've been setting the temp to turn on at 78f to keep RF at a good point.

Ok, either way, it seems to be time for a new one. The NewAir 840 is about the same size as mine now. However, mine has more shelves, 6 to be exact.

Another thing is I noticed this is a compressor unit. Also, will I be just trading apple to apple and run into the same issue? I was thinking of getting thermoelectric initially, but this looked promising until I saw it was a compressor and the lack of selves.

I did reach out to NewAir, they said you could add more shelves and sell them, but they do not suggest doing that as it needs the airflow.

They are also not available to what looks like July.
  • Any feedback from people that have one would be great.
  • Any other suggestion around the same price point for the size is encouraged and welcome.
  • Suggestions on where to buy / Sales / Discounts / Codes
hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 08:24 PM   #2
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: New Humidor Suggestions

I let other with much more wisdom add their options, I thought the 840 looked nice and assuming their humidification system worked well a good box, right up until i saw the price, ouch!
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 08:29 PM   #3
hikari
Still Watching My Back

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
I let other with much more wisdom add their options, I thought the 840 looked nice and assuming their humidification system worked well a good box, right up until i saw the price, ouch!
Ouch is right, But just heard from some one on facebook that they had issues with their humidification system and at that price there shouldn’t be any issues.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:56 AM   #4
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Some red flags for sure, Thomas .... exploring other options?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 10:06 AM   #5
SSDVC
Life is short, Relax

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
SSDVC is on a distinguished road

Tom,

I keep my wineador in a cool place in the house and I have never plugged it in. With the beads on each level I have managed to keep a fairly stable 65-70% RH and about 70 degrees F. She has some custom made drawers in her, but I didn't do a humidification system (too tight a wallet). Over the last 10+ years I have had zero issues.
Old 06-12-2021, 07:09 PM   #6
hikari
Still Watching My Back

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDVC View Post
Tom,

I keep my wineador in a cool place in the house and I have never plugged it in. With the beads on each level I have managed to keep a fairly stable 65-70% RH and about 70 degrees F. She has some custom made drawers in her, but I didn't do a humidification system (too tight a wallet). Over the last 10+ years I have had zero issues.
Thanks SSDVC, Wish I had a cool place. I've had a few Wineador's over the last 20 years. But my current one has a compressor and last summer I had a harder time keeping a stable RF. Tuesday it's expected to be 104f, My house is normally 75% but when hitting 110f may have a hard time getting the house to 80f

Any how, I have more then 3x the amount of needs I need and it just dosn't get the RF back fast enough. I did just order a cigarOasis. Plan is to try that for the next month seeing most company's seem to be out of humidors to July like NewAir. Give me a month for a last ditch effort and see if cigarOasis and a **** load of beads can get me to a stable 65rf and close too 70F