Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 10-17-2010, 04:49 PM   #721
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New York Mets 2010 Banter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
Exactly ..............A winner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Dom...NO!!!!
This banter makes me happy!!
Old 10-17-2010, 05:32 PM   #722
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

At least Bobby V proved he can win in NY.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #723
stewshi
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (23)
stewshi will become famous soon enough

stewshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:07 AM   #724
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it is either Josh Byrnes (who had a followup meeting Monday) and fellow former GM Sandy Alderson. (who has his followup meeting today).

My favorites is for the younger Byrnes...whom has served 4 years under Theo Epstein.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:43 PM   #725
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
My favorites is for the younger Byrnes...whom has served 4 years under Theo Epstein.
Not that there's anything WRONG with that!
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:38 PM   #726
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

The Mets have agreed in principle to make Sandy Alderson their new GM, a source confirmed Wednesday. The club is expected to introduce Alderson in a news conference Friday.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:40 PM   #727
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Bolivar
yachties23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The Mets have agreed in principle to make Sandy Alderson their new GM, a source confirmed Wednesday. The club is expected to introduce Alderson in a news conference Friday.
I'm actually very happy with this move, granted hes not young, but he does have a proven track record and the only way a guy like Alderson takes this job is if he does have autonomy as decision maker, something regardless of what he said, I don't think Omar had.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:15 PM   #728
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets picked up Jose Reyes' $ 11 million option and announced that 2011 tickets will be reduced by 14%. For a 4th place team..they gotta do better than this!!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:18 PM   #729
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Mets also sign JP Riccardi as the Asst GM. A very smart move for them. JP did a good job in Toronto with limited resources and putting JP and Sandy back together is very smart.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:26 AM   #730
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

I hope they start making some moves with the pitching staff. I'm not as concerned with the fielders.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #731
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachties23 View Post
I'm actually very happy with this move, granted hes not young, but he does have a proven track record and the only way a guy like Alderson takes this job is if he does have autonomy as decision maker, something regardless of what he said, I don't think Omar had.
I thought all was well when I heard they signed Alderson, but when they announced they signed JP Ricciardi I loled. He was a disaster in Toronto and was probably even more disliked up there than Omar was in NY
Old 11-05-2010, 02:22 PM   #732
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

And the hits just keep on coming...

Mets clubhouse manager Charlie Samuels was caught on wiretaps placing bets through a mobbed-up sports gambling ring law enforcement official sources told the Daily News Friday. Samuels was suspended by the club last week.

What??? Not fired???
Old 11-05-2010, 02:34 PM   #733
bscottskangum
Oh yeah, I'm awesome!

First Name: Barry
Trading: (11)
Montecristo
bscottskangum will become famous soon enoughbscottskangum will become famous soon enough

He'll be placed in young player development somewhere
bscottskangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:37 PM   #734
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscottskangum View Post
He'll be placed in young player development somewhere
Forget that...make him an advanced scout!!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #735
bscottskangum
Oh yeah, I'm awesome!

First Name: Barry
Trading: (11)
Montecristo
bscottskangum will become famous soon enoughbscottskangum will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Forget that...make him an advanced scout!!
Well, if you do that you would have to consider if he won or lost his bets... you don't want a guy that cant make predictions scouting for you
bscottskangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #736
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
And the hits just keep on coming...

Mets clubhouse manager Charlie Samuels was caught on wiretaps placing bets through a mobbed-up sports gambling ring law enforcement official sources told the Daily News Friday. Samuels was suspended by the club last week.

What??? Not fired???
Were these baseball bets? If so, I see no good reason not to "Pete Rose" the guy! Just my , and worth every penny.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:59 PM   #737
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets forced to release Takahashi after sides failed agree to a new contract. Seems Hisanori was asking just a little too much.

After giving Ollie Perez $ 36 million for three years...could it have been that much???
Old 11-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #738
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

The Mets need to focus 100% on pitching. It is a pitchers park. They need to keep the score low and manufactor runs.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:16 PM   #739
Negncic
Killed By Death

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Bolivar
Negncic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Mets forced to release Takahashi after sides failed agree to a new contract. Seems Hisanori was asking just a little too much.

After giving Ollie Perez $ 36 million for three years...could it have been that much???
I believe he wanted 15 million for 3 years. A little much for a reliever.
Negncic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:13 PM   #740
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

So...does Backman get the job???