Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-20-2011, 11:19 AM   #181
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation
Default Re: Tatuaje Saints & Sinners club

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatch83 View Post
Got the email, joined, signed, can't wait to smoke kick ass LE cigars that disgruntled naysayers don't give two squirts about.
Fixed it for ya.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:23 AM   #182
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbad View Post
Now that I see what is on offer. I am passing. No mention of cigars with membership.
But than you won't get the playing cards, non-torch lighter and your commemorative coin. Being it's a cigar club they could have at least offered a torch rather than a soft flame lighter. I wish I knew what all was included in the smokers kit box. Are there any smokes smokes in it? Still no mention of cigars so I am passing too. Sorry but all the other marketing things included added up to maybe $30-$0 tops so the way I see it, there is very little return for my investment. Other than the T and hat the rest would be thrown in a box in the corner of my office.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:33 AM   #183
Aero95
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (2)
Partagas
Aero95 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
But than you won't get the playing cards, non-torch lighter and your commemorative coin. Being it's a cigar club they could have at least offered a torch rather than a soft flame lighter. I wish I knew what all was included in the smokers kit box. Are there any smokes smokes in it? Still no mention of cigars so I am passing too. Sorry but all the other marketing things included added up to maybe $30-$0 tops so the way I see it, there is very little return for my investment. Other than the T and hat the rest would be thrown in a box in the corner of my office.
A few different sites are saying 15 cigars are included in the membership.

http://www.stogiereview.com/2010/11/...inners-saints/
Old 05-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #184
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

I've seen that too but if the site where I am giving my credit card info to doesn't than it's just hearsay and their not obligated to give me any cigars if it's not in black and white. I think they should mention on the page if smokes are included or not otherwise the price of entrance is not worth it. I love Pete's cigars but I think I am just about done feeding into the hype machine.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #185
thecatch83

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
Fixed it for ya.

Last edited by thecatch83; 05-20-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:40 AM   #186
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I agree...the stuff is sorta cool, but it's what I would expect as free swag with a special box purchase. So...I will treat this as a box purchase and not buy it until I know what cigars are included. I'm not tired of the hype (even though I understand if you are), but I'm also not going to go blindly into this without knowing if I think those smokes are worth my money (which could be spent on other cigars if I don't think they are, lol).
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:41 AM   #187
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

I just joined up, I'll see what Pete has up his sleeve this time. I haven't been disappointed thus far.

Chris.....
Old 05-20-2011, 11:43 AM   #188
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Quote:
I've seen that too but if the site where I am giving my credit card info to doesn't than it's just hearsay and their not obligated to give me any cigars if it's not in black and white. I think they should mention on the page if smokes are included or not otherwise the price of entrance is not worth it. I love Pete's cigars but I think I am just about done feeding into the hype machine.
But John, they are kick ass LE cigars that anybody and everybody that joins gets to smoke.

Oh wait, that's not so LE is it?
Old 05-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #189
xlc12rf
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jay
Trading: (3)
xlc12rf is on a distinguished road

I love his cigars, and he may be great at marketing, but I'm not paying for a 'lifestyle'. And I'm a tatwhore, too.
xlc12rf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:54 AM   #190
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

RA

I dropped a post on Petes Facebook page asking what the deal was with smokes and the club. If they put it in plain and simple type on the page it would clear up all the confusion. Part of me thinks that it may be their way of getting around giving people any specific smokes so if they run out, they can swap out one for another maybe not so "Special"stick so they can add as many members that are willing to pay even if it exceeds the so called sticks alloted for this exclusive club. Or maybe there are no smokes included. Your guess is as good as mine. I guess if you really want to join you just got to trust the guy. Me, I'm not so trusting especially when I don't know the man personally and I'm dropping hard earned money on the table. The other crap looks like lower end stuff of what he hands out at events already. So where's the exclusivity of it? I will wait to hear from Pete's mouth directly although by his Facebook page it looks like he may be out of town and off the grid for a bit.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:58 AM   #191
thecatch83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks W View Post
I cringe every time someone decides to pass judgement on Pete, when all he is doing is what people ASK him to do, release (mostly great) cigars. Someone on another board was *****ing because Pete said he was going to give some of the money to charity...REALLY? I understand if you don't want to support Pete if he is giving money to a Charity you don't like, but do you really have to deride him for that?

I was there when the idea of the "Fan Club" was discussed, some of the people I was with actually kinda talked Pete into it (or at least gave him some reasons why he should do it)...It made perfect sense at the time, a membership with exclusive stuff that anyone who WANTS to can join, and those that don't can choose NOT to join.

Would people prefer he not release ANY new stuff? Or only on a specific schedule? One new cigar every 6 months? Or is that still "too many"?

PETE is not the one causing the division, it is the "BOTL" who ***** and moan about EVERY NEW RELEASE, as if it has not been said Ad nauseam.

Pete is in the business to A. Release cigars and B. Make money releasing cigars. If you have a problem with either, don't BUY the cigars (or related products he is selling).

Is it really that hard to understand?
bump
Old 05-20-2011, 12:24 PM   #192
Bunker
New hardware installed.

First Name: Rick
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Bunker will become famous soon enoughBunker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I dropped a post on Petes Facebook page asking what the deal was with smokes and the club. If they put it in plain and simple type on the page it would clear up all the confusion. Part of me thinks that it may be their way of getting around giving people any specific smokes so if they run out, they can swap out one for another maybe not so "Special"stick so they can add as many members that are willing to pay even if it exceeds the so called sticks alloted for this exclusive club. Or maybe there are no smokes included. Your guess is as good as mine. I guess if you really want to join you just got to trust the guy. Me, I'm not so trusting especially when I don't know the man personally and I'm dropping hard earned money on the table. The other crap looks like lower end stuff of what he hands out at events already. So where's the exclusivity of it? I will wait to hear from Pete's mouth directly although by his Facebook page it looks like he may be out of town and off the grid for a bit.
I'm with you, give me a list of smokes and I am in. I could give a **** about any swag or access to swag.

If not I'll just wait and see what other's get and out my $150 towards my next box of Tat Brown
Old 05-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #193
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
I'm with you, give me a list of smokes and I am in. I could give a **** about any swag or access to swag.

If not I'll just wait and see what other's get and out my $150 towards my next box of Tat Brown
That's the genius behind Pete, he's not going to tell you anymore than he already has. But, for those of us who are big fans of his cigars know he won't let anyone down, IMO.

You've got to pay to play.

Chris.....
Old 05-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #194
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I am in
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:08 PM   #195
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Some folks think this "club" is great. Others think it's BS. There are even some on the fence.

One thing is certain. No matter what your position, there will be tolerance for opposing points of view. For those that can't read between the lines, be civil or move on.
Posted via Mobile Device
pnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:14 PM   #196
Trent0341
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Dan
Trading: (7)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Trent0341 is on a distinguished road

That SS smoke kit looks suspiciously like a box of cigars... I know I've knocked the large numbers of LE releases in the past but I find it tempting (and hard to believe that PJ would charge $150 for just some swag).
Trent0341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:20 PM   #197
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent0341 View Post
That SS smoke kit looks suspiciously like a box of cigars...
Looks a lot like the Face 10 count box. The Face is a VERY BIG cigar. Imagine what they can put in one of those "Smoke kits." I would join, but i have to check the finances first. As far as the "lifestyle" goes, I'm not in it for that.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:22 PM   #198
Brooks W
Feeling at Home

Trading: (70)
Brooks W has a spectacular aura aboutBrooks W has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent0341 View Post
That SS smoke kit looks suspiciously like a box of cigars... I know I've knocked the large numbers of LE releases in the past but I find it tempting (and hard to believe that PJ would charge $150 for just some swag).
It is a cigar box, it is actually the same box the "Outlaw" Tats came in...

~brooks
Brooks W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:28 PM   #199
mcmoyer
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Michael
Trading: (25)
Navy (Served With Honor)
mcmoyer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
I am in
Yup....
Old 05-20-2011, 03:47 PM   #200
jovenhut
Feeling at Home

First Name: Bruce
Trading: (64)
jovenhut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks W View Post
It is a cigar box, it is actually the same box the "Outlaw" Tats came in...

~brooks