Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 09-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #41
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Trading: (16)
Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Did Everyone See The New USPS Tobacco Shipping Policy?

Actually what it boils down to is they weren't able to tax said "cigarette traffic" due to online cigarette stores and places outside the US shipping 1000's of "counterfeit" cigarettes into the country undetected. Some laced with poisons and various other bad things that we obviously don't want people smoking. Whatever.

To be honest, I think it's a load of bureaucratic you-know-what. I don't really care about cigarettes anyway... but I do think they should be allowed to operate unhindered by a government who has gone overboard on regulating. Obviously some rules must be maintained and enforced but come on... when does it become too much?

If they could figure out a way to collect the taxes from it I guarantee you this would be a different story.
ninjavanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #42
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice
Default Re: Did Everyone See The New USPS Tobacco Shipping Policy?

How would that stop the overseas guys though? I am ignorant in shipping to the US from another country, but I would guess they would use their own mail service, with the USPS taking possession after it goes through customs and into the US.