Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 09:49 AM   #1501
looking for know
Dr. Mike

First Name: Mike
Trading: (10)
Army (Served With Honor)
looking for know is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

For my daughters...or at least the one who actually enjoys shooting with her dad.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #1502
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Don't think I have posted this pic, and after seeing some of the firearms here, I feel a little more than inadequate!

Got this last summer, and would love to get a Springfield Armory XD 9mm next.

This is a Smith and Wesson Sigma 9mm:

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #1503
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

here's hopin the state lotto numbers on monday match my gun ticket numbers...delton ar15 .223 flat top shal be mine! actually i probably just gave the gun club more money...either way
Old 05-29-2010, 09:06 AM   #1504
Mark C
Feeling at Home

Trading: (4)
Mark C is on a distinguished road

Time to bump this thread with some new pics

Stag 6H upper, Spike's Lower, DPMS LPK w/ tuned 3lb trigger, Burris PEPR and Bushnell 4-12x40 sitting on top. My first AR, went together pretty easy, can't wait to load 'er up and hit the range.

Turkish M38 Mauser. I was told it 'shot well', but the darn thing was so loaded up with cosmoline I'm surprised/skeptical it shot at all. There was so much gunk in the bolt I doubt the firing pin would have moved. Cleaned up real nice though.

Anybody ever used a detachable mag on a Mauser? The follower spring and floorplate were rusted pretty bad and probably need to be replaced. If I've got to buy new parts, I'm leaning in that direction just for something different.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:19 AM   #1505
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation

I got rid of my SW9VE and picked up a Glock 23... here in MA you can only get a pre 98 Glock that was in the state.

http://twitpic.com/1nvy2d/full
Old 06-06-2010, 03:33 PM   #1506
TheManWithNoName

Thumbs up Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunng View Post
I got rid of my SW9VE and picked up a Glock 23... here in MA you can only get a pre 98 Glock that was in the state.

http://twitpic.com/1nvy2d/full
Too bad about your state's poor laws, but nice upgrade bud! It's my understanding from various forums that the Sigma series are the weak point of S&W's lineup, kept around for price point. The "VE" or value-enhanced designation only came around after they were sued by Glock for design ripoff... anyway their M&P series gets great reviews but your Glock is a major step up IMHO. Love my G36...

Looks like a second-gen? Very nice.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:27 PM   #1507
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

Finally got myself an AR! So freakin excited right now. I really wanted a DPMS or Rock River but when I went into a sporting goods store today I saw this Armalite Arms and really liked the camo look so I decided to finally buy one.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:04 AM   #1508
0002S
Alla En El Rancho Grande

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (3)
Montecristo
0002S will become famous soon enough0002S will become famous soon enough

New AR build started....finishing it up soon.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:24 PM   #1509
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

does anyone have any good sources for cheap .223 ammo?
Old 06-17-2010, 11:30 PM   #1510
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak View Post
This place is a favorite for some of my buddies, not sure if they have what your looking for but worth a try

http://www.armthepopulace.com/catalog/
Old 06-18-2010, 05:02 AM   #1511
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Congrats on the new purchase.

Here is where I buy my ammo: http://www.aimsurplus.com
Old 06-19-2010, 08:50 AM   #1512
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Congrats on the new purchase.

Here is where I buy my ammo: http://www.aimsurplus.com

Thanks for the tip. Have you had good luck with the Wolf or PMC? I don't want to put low quality through my gun, but would love to be able to get 500 rounds for 100 bucks.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:44 PM   #1513
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Thanks for the tip. Have you had good luck with the Wolf or PMC? I don't want to put low quality through my gun, but would love to be able to get 500 rounds for 100 bucks.
I haven't had problems with either brand.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:01 PM   #1514
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Fun day at the range.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:18 PM   #1515
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
ARs can be real finicky, some jam on the stuff other's handle it just fine. Buy a brick and try it out. You can always sell the rest if it doesn't work for you. Mine doesn't like the stuff but my buddy will bumpfire it all day long through his.

I'm thinking we are coming near the end of the ammo bubble, I'm thinking cases won't drop down to pre-rise prices but should settle in the $250 a case neighborhood. Sure, I'm talking out my ass but I'm still pretty sure I'm right.

BTW, GBF, that is a sweet looking Armalite you got yourself.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:35 PM   #1516
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratters View Post
ARs can be real finicky, some jam on the stuff other's handle it just fine. Buy a brick and try it out. You can always sell the rest if it doesn't work for you. Mine doesn't like the stuff but my buddy will bumpfire it all day long through his.

I'm thinking we are coming near the end of the ammo bubble, I'm thinking cases won't drop down to pre-rise prices but should settle in the $250 a case neighborhood. Sure, I'm talking out my ass but I'm still pretty sure I'm right.

BTW, GBF, that is a sweet looking Armalite you got yourself.

Thanks Ratters. What attracted me to the gun was the camo, never really saw a stock one like it. When I bought it I bought 200 rounds of American Eagle ammo and put 60 rounds through it with no problem when I went to the range. today I picked up 100 rounds of Federal at Wal Mart and will be heading back out to the range tomorrow to put some more rounds through it. I am thinking I will order some PMC online once I run down my small supply and see how that goes.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:45 AM   #1517
pearson
Still Watching My Back

First Name: John
Trading: (5)
Army (Active)
pearson is on a distinguished road

I need to get some pics of my new Pink sig mosquito up here
Old 07-04-2010, 10:46 AM   #1518
Ender
Ok, maybe just one.

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (1)
Partagas
Ender will become famous soon enoughEnder will become famous soon enough

[IMG][/IMG]
Totally meant to add this photo a while ago of Christos and I with our new DW Valor's.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:07 AM   #1519
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

recently i had matt build me a iwb/owb convertible holster for my 4" xd. Today i thought it would be a good day to try out the iwb part of it...that was until my wife reminded me that we had stuff to do which of course was just after i took the first mounting screw out of the owb attachments. I tried to put it back in with no luck but I didn't have time to really mess with it as my wife was walking out the door with my car keys. I sent matt a quick and confusing email with my problem and walked out the door. I get an email back from matt on my blackberry and we exchange 4 or so emails and then he asks me to call him.

I call matt and we discuss the problems i'm having and after a short conversation we figure out it's a problem with the mounting screw and that the IWB screws will fix the problem. I try that while on the phone with him and we got the holster fixed and i'm CCing and happy again. The problem ended up being a screw that wouldn't catch properly and while I insisted that it is not necessary for matt to do so, he insisted even more that he send me a replacement.

Matt and I have been emailing each other back and for a while now and I've always found matt to be knowledgeable and helpful as well as quick to respond to questions or concerns. I have absolutely no reservations about recommending http://www.invictuskydex.com/ to anyone who is looking for a holster
Old 07-05-2010, 04:38 PM   #1520
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

RA

bought myself a sig sauer red dot sight for my AR-15 this weekend. When I installed in on the rail to my gun it seems like its a little low for my eye, it doesnt feel comfortable looking through it. Does anyone know how I might be able to make it sit higher up on the rail? Do they make something to heighten sights? Any help would be appreciated.