Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-05-2010, 12:30 PM   #41
Blindjimme
Judgement Impaired

First Name: JB
Trading: (14)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Blindjimme will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Am I the only one that....

I've bought various singles, the only box I've ever bought was the Serie P. They are reasonable at around $130 for 30. Mixed filler, good draw, nice taste. Would not buy again though.

Edit to say I would rather spend the money on cc's.
Blindjimme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:58 PM   #42
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkninja67 View Post
I am talking about straight Tatuaje branded stuff.

I have tons of San Cristobal, LADC, DBp Cuban Classics, etc. I love those marcas.
Now I might be wrong, but the ones you listed are not Tat (Pete Johnson) blends. Tatuaje, Tatuaje VI, Tatuaje Series P, special edition Tats (Frank, Drac, Boris) and Cabaiguan are the only line I know that could truly be considered Tats.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:08 PM   #43
issues
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tony
Trading: (8)
VR
issues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Now I might be wrong, but the ones you listed are not Tat (Pete Johnson) blends. Tatuaje, Tatuaje VI, Tatuaje Series P, special edition Tats (Frank, Drac, Boris) and Cabaiguan are the only line I know that could truly be considered Tats.

Aren't Ambos Mundos also considered Tats?

They have the fleur de lis on the box and say Johnson & Garcia.

issues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:29 PM   #44
darkninja67

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post

Just saying I like Pepin's stuff. He did work with PJ on the Tatuaje line right?
Old 02-05-2010, 03:44 PM   #45
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

I have never tried one but they look damn enticing. I might buy some when I go to Outlaw in April. They seem to be well liked around these parts.
maninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #46
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

First Name: Michael
Trading: (0)
madwilliamflint is on a distinguished road

That was true of me until Tuesday night. I was at Cigar Inn in NYC and a few people recommended one in a red tube. I'm noobilicious enough to not really have the faintest idea what it is but since I'd already smoked a sock knocking off Don Pepin I figured I'd save that one, so it made it to the humi where it sits, topless (the tube) soaking in 68% goodness.

(I smoked a Casa Magna that night as well and I have to say... not impressed. It was fine, sure. But people keep telling me how wonderful it is and I'm not likely to buy them unless they're remarkably cheap.)
madwilliamflint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #47
iel76

I see no hype in this well made cigar. The Tatuaje SW Reserva is my favorite smoke...medium to full-bodied and, as importantly, beautifully constructed. I'll drop some bucks for a good cut of meat from time to time and the same for this cigar. Never had one I didn't thoroughly enjoy. Generally keep 15 or so on hand.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:24 PM   #48
jerseystepup
L-I-V-I-N

First Name: Randy
Trading: (9)
JL
jerseystepup is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint View Post
That was true of me until Tuesday night. I was at Cigar Inn in NYC and a few people recommended one in a red tube. I'm noobilicious enough to not really have the faintest idea what it is but since I'd already smoked a sock knocking off Don Pepin I figured I'd save that one, so it made it to the humi where it sits, topless (the tube) soaking in 68% goodness.

(I smoked a Casa Magna that night as well and I have to say... not impressed. It was fine, sure. But people keep telling me how wonderful it is and I'm not likely to buy them unless they're remarkably cheap.)
That my friend was very good advice you got on the red tubo... The red tubos/verocu blends are the only tats ill spend money on right now.. (as prev. said by another member in this thread, the coin that tats cost can go for twice as many better CC's..
jerseystepup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #49
Mr.Erskine
Looking up

First Name: Benjamin
Trading: (1)
Mr.Erskine is on a distinguished road

I do not have any Tats. I have had Tats, but I don't right now. I generally only have them if I have been given one... In fact the biggest cigar that I've ever smoked was a Tat.... It took forever to smoke and I had to lie down when i was finished.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #50
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

I have smoked a few Tats, but don't have a single one in my humi. The one's I have smoke have been decent but the price is a ripoff IMHO. I love some RP/Indian Tabac that is equal or close to Tatuaje blends that cost less than half the price.

I'm not knocking Tats, but the price is VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY overrated IMHO!

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:17 PM   #51
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by issues View Post
Aren't Ambos Mundos also considered Tats?

They have the fleur de lis on the box and say Johnson & Garcia.

Ah yes, another one.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:20 PM   #52
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkninja67 View Post
Just saying I like Pepin's stuff. He did work with PJ on the Tatuaje line right?
Yes he did, I believe. But I guess I thought the point of origin was the issue with Tats...

Anyway. I like much stuff done by Pepin too. And some of the stuff he's done with Johnson. Much of all of it is more expensive than I'd like to spend.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:52 PM   #53
Goldie
Bring the pain!

First Name: Drew
Trading: (13)
Bolivar
Goldie has a spectacular aura aboutGoldie has a spectacular aura about

I have a few Tat's but nothing crazy. I would say a half dozen. I enjoy Tatuajes, they are just expensive, and I am po' folk.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:51 AM   #54
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

I have some because I like the variety and there are some very good Tats. The Noella Reserva and the East Coasts are two of my favorite sticks period. The pricing is tough though... A perfect example is the Noellas (not Reservas). They are a very good stick and you can tell they were blended to taste like a Monte #4. If you find a deal on them you can get them for about $150 a box. That is about 50% more than a box of Monte #4s!!! Which do you think I would buy more of???
Old 02-06-2010, 05:42 AM   #55
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

I've got several Tats in my humi. Most of a box left from the Holtz deal on Verocu #9s a few weekends back........but i missed a joe's daily deal on Tat?!?!?
Old 02-06-2010, 08:25 AM   #56
coastietech

I stock up on boxes of Havana's and I try to buy boxes of the Verocu 9's when Holt's have them on sale.

Currently I have a box of Dracs, a partial box of Tat red's, a few Boris', and some other random tat's

I don't really buy the Tat brown label because I don't think they are that much better than the red's for a much higher price...
Old 02-06-2010, 11:16 AM   #57
ScottishSmoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan702 View Post
It appears you are not the only one and there are probably many more like you. I personally have many boxes and singles of Tatuaje, as it is my favorite stick. I have a hard time figuring out which stick I want to burn today.
I am very similar to what James says here...my humidor at home only has about 50 single Tatuajes in it...but my locker at Pheasant Cigars in Las Vegas Nevada has I think the remainders of about 10 boxes of Tats...It is my favorite Non-cuban Brand...luckily they are easy too obtain for me...
Old 02-06-2010, 11:26 AM   #58
Rabidsquirrel
Moderately Confused

Trading: (5)
Rabidsquirrel is on a distinguished road

I have one or two. The price to enjoyment ratio isn't great enough in my opinion to justify the cost.
Rabidsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #59
acruce
Just killing Time

First Name: Andy
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
acruce is on a distinguished road

I only have one left in my humi
Old 02-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #60
Mr Edmundo
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (15)
Montecristo
Mr Edmundo is on a distinguished road

I didn't think I had any, but checking the photo inventory of my stash, I spotted one. It's floating around somewhere at the bottom of my coolador. It's a Tatuaje Verocu-Exclusivo Zona Del Este (East Coast). I've never tried one yet.