Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Networking

Old 01-04-2014, 09:58 AM   #1
RandJCigars
JSR

First Name: Jimmy
Trading: (3)
RandJCigars is on a distinguished road
Default Inception Cigars - Looking for Capable Cigar Reps

Happy New Years to Everyone first and foremost. Some of you may know me as a retailer here. Some of you also know that I wholesale/distribute. I also, as a few know, have my own brand of cigar; Inception® Cigars.

We launched in May of 2012 and since, have grown to be in 90+ stores across 23 states. Although we have grown fast with relatively little "marketing", I would like to begin having people "on the ground" for my brand in strategic locations.

I am looking for a very capable rep, with past experiences in marketing and sales, that can dedicate some time in their local market representing my brand Inception. I will try to answer questions that may, naturally, be asked:

1. What do I get Paid - In this industry, Reps typically get paid based on sales/performace; there isn't an hourly wage or a salary. Typical commissions range from 10-20% of sales.

2. How much do I need to work - This is up to you. If this is a "side" gig for you, than a few hours a day may be sufficient, but in the end, you get paid based on your sales. If you excel at making sales and committ yourself to revist sites for reorders, than you will do fairly well in this business.

3. Will I get cigars to sample - Yes; this is part of the job. I will send you 3-5 boxes of each vitola. The intention is to use them smartly and evenly and not favor one store over another. As the rep, you of course have the permission to smoke from the samples, but the samples are not to be taken advantage of. Typically 1 cigar per site visit. For example, if you visit 3 cigar lounges a day, than you can smoke 3 cigars (really you're almost expected to since the propietor will want to sit and discuss the product with you).

4. What if I don't succeed - Do not take it personally. Some store owners/managers are more than willing to try new things...but than some are skeptical and would rather see the brand be established. The stores that are hesitant have been know to "break" if the rep continues to show representation and prove that there is a stable prescence of the brand locally.

5. How often will I get paid - This depends on your performance. If you spend a week of driving around and you visit 10 lounges and make no sales, than unfortunately for that week, a check will not be sent to you. However, if the following week, some of the stores that sampled the cigars are interested and want to place an order, you'll receive a check that week. Larger and more established reps get paid once a month (either the 1st or the 15th typically) however as a "newby" rep, I am more than willing to send a check weekly if need be.

6. Do you pay me for the gas I use traveling/driving - No. As a rep, you understand that driving from lounge to lounge is part of this business. You will not be compensated for gas expendature. I do recommend that, if you plan on visiting multiple lounges in a single day, you do so by "regions" within your city or location. Down here in Houston, lounges are spread out but there are some areas within close proximity that have several lounges...where visiting and traveling between them would be minimal.

If you have any other questions and if you are seriously interested, feel free to PM me, call me, or text me. During the day, texting is preferred since I am quite busy. After hours, after 8 pm, calling is fine.

I am excited to offer an opportunity like this to fellow forum members that may be able to help me grow my brand Inception® Cigars.

Thanks in Advance,

Jimmy Zaid

Inception® Cigars

JSR Cigar Distributors, LLC

R & J Cigars

713-550-0707 (Cell - Text First Please)
Old 01-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #2
Lockspur
Have My Own Room

First Name: Scotty
Trading: (31)
Lockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really nice
Default Re: Inception Cigars - Looking for Capable Cigar Reps

Jimmy, thanks for the heads up. I have a dear friend in Houston that is currently job hunting. Can I pass this on to him? He's a cigar nut like me.

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
Lockspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:22 AM   #3
RandJCigars
JSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockspur View Post
Jimmy, thanks for the heads up. I have a dear friend in Houston that is currently job hunting. Can I pass this on to him? He's a cigar nut like me.
Yes Sir You Can.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:33 AM   #4
Whipper Snapper
95% Banter 5% MMM Habanos

First Name: Blake
Trading: (0)
RA
Whipper Snapper has disabled reputation

Jimmy. I may or may not be able to help you with your endeavors. I'm stationed in the Kansas City area and I actually used to work at two different B&M shops in town several years ago. So, I already have my foot in the door so to speak. Wouldn't really be able to do anything outside of KC but if you're interested, I might be able to push your product into at least one store here.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #5
RandJCigars
JSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipper Snapper View Post
Jimmy. I may or may not be able to help you with your endeavors. I'm stationed in the Kansas City area and I actually used to work at two different B&M shops in town several years ago. So, I already have my foot in the door so to speak. Wouldn't really be able to do anything outside of KC but if you're interested, I might be able to push your product into at least one store here.
I am not picky as to how small or big one's area may be. Kansas City would be great, actually! Shoot me an email at Jzaid84@aol.com and we can discuss this further! Thank you!