Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 02-09-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
Flynnster
Life's too short Swishers

Trading: (7)
Flynnster has a spectacular aura aboutFlynnster has a spectacular aura about
Default Travel Humi and Heartfelt Sheets?

So I am thinking about picking up a small travel humi (I don't have space for a cooler) and in searching for humidification I found the heartfelt sheets. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/p...umidity+Sheets

Also here is what I'm thinking for my humi
http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/...ravel-Humidor/
http://www.amazon.com/Cigar-Caddy-35...303563&sr=8-15
http://www.amazon.com/XiKar-X-treme-...7303563&sr=8-2

(any difference between the Herf-a-dor, XiKar, and Cigar CAddy brands?)
Flynnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #2
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Travel Humi and Heartfelt Sheets?

I use them in my 15 count and my 30 count. I just keep them in the humi and pull them out for use as needed. I only have a hygro in the 30 count but it does a good job for the week or so I use it.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
Flynnster

What about for rather long term storage? I assume since they work they same as the beads it should be fine? I'm thinking about these because I only need a small volume to be humidified.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #4
Flynnster

Bump? I was hoping some more people had used them?
Old 02-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #5
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Sheets work the same way as the beads, they could be used interchangably for long-term or short-term storage as long as they are properly charged. Properly sealed the Cigar Caddy can be used for long-term storage, I frequently leave cigars in mine for months at a time with no ill effects.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:10 AM   #6
timj219
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tim
Trading: (15)
Partagas
timj219 will become famous soon enoughtimj219 will become famous soon enough

I bought one of these sheets and it's working out well for me. I cut part of it in to strips and placed a strip in each finger of my three finger leather cigar case. I've used the remainder to transport cigars in a small tupperware container or ziplock bag.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #7
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I would say otherwise, but hear me out...they perform like Heartfelt, but they work more like HCM in that I do not find
they absorb moisture very well directly. Of course, they don't EXPLODE, either. But the way I usually charge them is
by putting them into a cedar box with a cup of water in it for a few days. Of course, if you keep a few sheets in your
ice chests with your cigars, they come out fine for use in a travel humi I also find. Maybe people spray a mist of water
on em to moisturize them. I have no idea how others charge em. I DO find they work well.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:48 PM   #8
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I have a bunch of sheets, same stuff but I got them from a conservancy. I've always wondered what the heck I'd ever use them for, and my travel humis are a great idea.
I never worked them into anything because the actual amount of beads/exposure/mrh value in the sheets is really pitiful compared to even just a tiny little bead sachet.
In a cigar caddy that's really well sealed, I could hide the beads behind the foam. I could charge the sheets up by throwing the open caddy's in my winador.
Now, if I can only find the big envelope of sheets.