Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 08-02-2010, 02:31 AM   #1061
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
pmwz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Losing Weight with Andysutherland

95.4kg.
trying to get under 94kg this week. also trying todo a couple of 2adays this week.
pmwz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:18 AM   #1062
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

i actually gained weight 95.8. i ran 4x15 km + 3 times to the gym. i didnt eat too healthy but thought i would loose at least a little bit.
i bought new running shoes asics gel kayano 16 + took them directly on a 15km run. got a couple of blisters because i didnt get used to them slowly....
Old 08-09-2010, 01:17 PM   #1063
LooseCard
not wrapped too tight....

First Name: Dan
Trading: (3)
RyJ
LooseCard will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
I'm finally below 300lbs.
Conga Rats Bro! I'm jealous!

Hey Andy.....
So I found this rope lying around, and used it to pull myself back on-the-wagon.
And now I’ve found my way back here! (I have some catching up to do! I think I’ll only read the last week or so....)

I'm back on the wagon, 1 week already.
Smaller meals, smaller intervals; a dose of Weight Watchers as well.....

The long story will come in another post shortly.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:38 PM   #1064
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseCard View Post
Conga Rats Bro! I'm jealous!

Hey Andy.....
So I found this rope lying around, and used it to pull myself back on-the-wagon.
And now I’ve found my way back here! (I have some catching up to do! I think I’ll only read the last week or so....)

I'm back on the wagon, 1 week already.
Smaller meals, smaller intervals; a dose of Weight Watchers as well.....

The long story will come in another post shortly.
Can I borrow some of that rope? I weighed in for the first time since May or June and I'm at 271! That's the highest I've ever been. I feel like sh!t most days too. I'm gonna drown myself in my sorrows and alcohol tonight and grab the rope tomorrow. I have to make some decisions about what kind of regiment I want to do, both exercise and dietary. WW worked for me years ago, low carb hasn't done too much for me, and just counting calories with nutrimirror doesn't seem to do too much either. Maybe I'll go back to WW. I haven't been to the gym in 6mos. and my membership ran out. Maybe I'll just stick to home workouts, running, cardio, Wii Fit, etc...

Jesus Christ I knew I was getting bigger but I didn't know I was a fat ass...

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:58 PM   #1065
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

@andysutherland: the problem with working out at home is that is so easy to skip a workout. i think kettlebells could be a good option for you.
i love chicken breast (tons of variety) and protein shakes (i use them as reward after working out ).
i dont like diets because most people do them for a couple of months, then quit + are suprised that they gained weight. i cheated myself on diets all the time. now i just eat what i want and if i didnt loose weight i eat healthier the next weeks + put more workouts in.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:29 AM   #1066
LooseCard

RyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmwz View Post
i dont like diets because most people do them for a couple of months, then quit + are suprised that they gained weight. i cheated myself on diets all the time. now i just eat what i want and if i didnt loose weight i eat healthier the next weeks + put more workouts in.
That, I agree with. But Weight Watchers (WW) is a learnign guide, to better understanding what and how much food you take in. It starts as a diet, but helps to develop better habits.

We stopped eating regularly, and controlling our portion size, and I'm back where I started... that's not true, I'm worse.

I'm too comfortable saying "I've lost weight, but it found me and brought friends."

We're back to paying attention, and we're already showing progress.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:32 PM   #1067
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmwz View Post
@andysutherland: the problem with working out at home is that is so easy to skip a workout. i think kettlebells could be a good option for you.
i love chicken breast (tons of variety) and protein shakes (i use them as reward after working out ).
The word diet has been distorted in today's society. We are always on a diet. A diet techinically is what we eat on an everyday basis (a dumbed down definition). When someone goes on a "diet" they really mean that they are changing their diet for a short time.

Insert quote here.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:31 AM   #1068
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

cant get a good work out in up to 97kg. i have one week before my new job starts. Its much easier for me to eat good during work days.
i thought i could workout 2 a day but my body just got tired. i think about starting bjj because i hate the gym right now
Old 08-21-2010, 06:29 PM   #1069
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

up to 199 this morning with the week off and a lot of beers and BBQ. Hopefully be back to 195 in a day or two. Been holding steady at 192-195 for the last 3 months. Not bad from 247.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:06 PM   #1070
SilverFox

I have been away from this thread for a while. Ok I have been away from the board awhile.

My goal was to hit 215lbs and I accomplished that in June of this year. I was 212lbs and 14.5% body fat when I did a 226km bike ride. I was and am in pretty good shape now. I have put approximately 10lbs back on, some of that intentionally and some just good living over the summer.

I have kept my exercise up somewhat over the summer but now is time to get back at it. I want to put on some muscle weight and bring up my metabolism so that I can eat a broader range of calories and not worry about gaining weight.

Here is where I stared.

December 25th 2009 293 lbs.

July 28th 215lbs doing something I haven't done in 20years.

Now I am cranking it back up again. Good eating combined with intense cardio, lifting and plyometrics. The goal is to put 15 to 20 good pounds (muscle) back on by Christmas.

Let me know how you are all doing out there................Where is Andy at ?
Old 08-31-2010, 05:46 AM   #1071
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

It's great to hear from you, Shawn! Awesome to hear you made your goal and in a very short period of time. Keep up the good work.

I fell off the wagon over the summer but am working on getting back to 250 (which was my pre-summer weight). Once I get down to that weight, my next goal is 225.

It's about time you came back!

Insert quote here.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:50 PM   #1072
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

I just signed up for three months of weightwatchers for men tonight. New program starts in the morning. I've been putting this off for far too long.

Insert quote here.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:10 PM   #1073
Samsquanch
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (21)
ERdM
Samsquanch will become famous soon enough

Great thread, I did the math a couple days ago and realized I turn 30 sixteen weeks from tomorrow. I'd like to lose 3lbs a week until I turn 30. That's really just a start but it would be a great one.

I'll focus on eating whole foods, lots of fruit, veggies, and lean protein. Exercise will include walking, working up to running, sit ups and push ups. I hate gyms and don't have room in the apt for weights.

Maybe run a contest here to motivate myself Looking forward to this change! It's so motivating to see others who have made a big change here!!
Old 09-01-2010, 06:28 PM   #1074
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
I just signed up for three months of weightwatchers for men tonight. New program starts in the morning. I've been putting this off for far too long.
Ate good today and I feel full! Steak and green beans tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsquanch View Post
Great thread, I did the math a couple days ago and realized I turn 30 sixteen weeks from tomorrow. I'd like to lose 3lbs a week until I turn 30. That's really just a start but it would be a great one.

I'll focus on eating whole foods, lots of fruit, veggies, and lean protein. Exercise will include walking, working up to running, sit ups and push ups. I hate gyms and don't have room in the apt for weights.

Maybe run a contest here to motivate myself Looking forward to this change! It's so motivating to see others who have made a big change here!!
Best of luck to you and congrats on deciding to make a change.

Insert quote here.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #1075
Samsquanch
Feeling at Home

ERdM

Thanks Andy, same to you. For anyone interested, I did post a contest to help motivate myself a little more...

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=35846

Today was great, ate well and took a nice walk/jog.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:44 AM   #1076
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Steak is on the menu again for breakfast and lunch. It's both filling and lean.
BBQ chicken in the crockpot this evening and a beer or two with it. Losing this way is fun.

Insert quote here.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #1077
LooseCard

RyJ

Hey gang.
Fell off the wagon for a few days as we were 'vacationing' at Foxwoods.
- Fuddruckers for Dinner
- Festival Buffet for Breakfast (was reasonable)
- Hard Rock for Dinner (Granny Apple Burger)

Supplemented with a lot of walking, a 20 minute lifecycle bike 'ride' one morning, some walking, a swim in the pool and jac-a-ruzi, some walking...

Did I tell you that we did some walking????

Okay. Here it is.
1 month since starting to work on our eating (a.k.a. dieting)

Down 9.4, up 1.4 , down 1.6, down 2.8, down 1.4
All together, down 13.8!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #1078
Samsquanch
Feeling at Home

ERdM

I've been doing salads for breakfast lately, a great way to start the day. Tons of greens, hard boiled egg, chicken, veggies, fruits, nuts, leftovers, etc. Fills me up until lunch and is quick and easy.

Congrats on the 1st month Dan, down almost 14lbs in one month is great!
Old 09-04-2010, 03:43 AM   #1079
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

we are redoing our kitchen -->fast food. 97kg.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:34 PM   #1080
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Just got back from an hour at the batting cages. Did both some hitting and some throwing. So far I'm on track to have a big first week on this program. I'll report back on Wednesday.

Insert quote here.