Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 10:14 PM   #721
Junior

Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Have you seen where the adminstration has done away with selling fired brass to anyone who will not shred it to where it can not be reloaded. Thanks Obama thats what we needed another reason for ammo companies to shut down, and drive up prices again.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:36 PM   #722
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

First Name: David
Trading: (24)
RA
Catfish has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Have you seen where the adminstration has done away with selling fired brass to anyone who will not shred it to where it can not be reloaded. Thanks Obama thats what we needed another reason for ammo companies to shut down, and drive up prices again.

Junior, that was shut down less than 48hrs. after it was mandated by the DoD. Thanks to active supporters on the 2nd ammendment, congress-critters across the country were inundated with emails, phone calls and letters demanding an answer to the DoD deciding it didn't need the revenue from proceeds of sales of usable brass to ammunition makers across the country in lieu of the massively reduced proceeds that would come as a result of selling mutilated brass to China.

Using this as a prime example, I highly encourage any of you NOT currently involved in the effort to watchdog the govt. in their DAILY efforts to reduce our constitutionally guaranteed right to bear arms to get involved NOW.

PM me PLEASE and I will be MORE than happy to send you links to organizations that are on OUR SIDE but NEED YOUR HELP.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:44 PM   #723
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes View Post
No smily... but I think that is sarcasm?

Anyway, if not, ABC has an anti gun special on tonight.
I don't watch much TV other than 24, Lost, and The Office... so no.. I was being serious...

Were they commenting ON the anti-gun bias? or was it a show WITH anti-gun bias?
Old 04-11-2009, 10:58 AM   #724
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post
I don't watch much TV other than 24, Lost, and The Office... so no.. I was being serious...

Were they commenting ON the anti-gun bias? or was it a show WITH anti-gun bias?
With. to the extreme.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:03 PM   #725
AAlmeter
F.U.B.O.

First Name: Adam
Trading: (0)
AAlmeter is on a distinguished road

Didn't see the anti-gun special myself, but apparantly it was so compelling that my friend's girlfriend (who has never fired a shot in her life) went out and joined the NRA.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:16 PM   #726
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAlmeter View Post
Didn't see the anti-gun special myself, but apparantly it was so compelling that my friend's girlfriend (who has never fired a shot in her life) went out and joined the NRA.

It warms me to the core to read that.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:26 PM   #727
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Junior, that was shut down less than 48hrs. after it was mandated by the DoD. Thanks to active supporters on the 2nd ammendment, congress-critters across the country were inundated with emails, phone calls and letters demanding an answer to the DoD deciding it didn't need the revenue from proceeds of sales of usable brass to ammunition makers across the country in lieu of the massively reduced proceeds that would come as a result of selling mutilated brass to China.

Using this as a prime example, I highly encourage any of you NOT currently involved in the effort to watchdog the govt. in their DAILY efforts to reduce our constitutionally guaranteed right to bear arms to get involved NOW.

PM me PLEASE and I will be MORE than happy to send you links to organizations that are on OUR SIDE but NEED YOUR HELP.
A bunch of us on AR15.com helped shut that down as well as other 2nd amendment supporters. I thought it was amazing that they actually listened to us
Old 04-11-2009, 03:27 PM   #728
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Very nice!
Old 04-11-2009, 05:02 PM   #729
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
A bunch of us on AR15.com helped shut that down as well as other 2nd amendment supporters.

You and the (for the most part) fine people that frequent AR15.com are fine Americans, sir.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #730
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
You and the (for the most part) fine people that frequent AR15.com are fine Americans, sir.
Thanks for all that you do as well!
Old 04-12-2009, 04:25 PM   #731
JE3146
Jordan #2

Partagas

Quote:
You and the (for the most part) fine people that frequent AR15.com are fine Americans, sir. :
I think that was still pretty generous
Old 04-13-2009, 07:48 AM   #732
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

RA

That Sir, Is about the extent of my political correctness.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:43 PM   #733
Stig
Dead Pool Junkie

First Name: Matt
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
Stig will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig View Post
till want to know where I can get one of these
Old 04-13-2009, 02:18 PM   #734
Junior

Quote:

Thanks Catfish I hadn't heard that it was shut down. I guess I need to keep up with these things a little better. I am sure they will figure out another way to screw us on the ammo.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:49 PM   #735
Junior

This is worth a read it you have a chance.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:31 PM   #736
JE3146
Jordan #2

Partagas

Finally got off my butt and modified my KAC M5 RAS to fit over my dissipator's carbine gas block.... Only took me 2 years...

Little dremel action

I shot some pics, but they suck... need more light

So I'll just be a tease instead
Old 04-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #737
AAlmeter
F.U.B.O.

So I bought another gun...

Craigslist ad...Mossberg 5500 12 ga, very cheap, hardly used. I know they are sketchy, but I put 25 through it as soon as I got it and it performed great.

Was wondering if anyone had the link that was up on CS to the site that had pdf's of many manuals....
Old 04-15-2009, 07:43 PM   #738
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:

Craigslist ad...Mossberg 5500 12 ga, very cheap, hardly used. I know they are sketchy, but I put 25 through it as soon as I got it and it performed great.

Was wondering if anyone had the link that was up on CS to the site that had pdf's of many manuals....
Nice pickup!
Old 04-15-2009, 07:44 PM   #739
AAlmeter
F.U.B.O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Nice pickup!
Thanks...another couple weeks and the AR should be ready to go
Old 04-16-2009, 02:53 PM   #740
Junior

Quote:

I am a Mossberg fan. I have had quite a few over the years. I have a 590 in the house right now just in case.

Closed Thread