Old 03-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #3041
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Trading: (10)
smitty81 has disabled reputation
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofeardiver View Post
Most recent cook was 5 racks of ribs, i did a raspberry chipotle sauce with my own basic rub...Wife made some roasted potatoes, and my sister law made roasted broccoli which was awesome... everyone was very pleased...

This all looks awesome......so hungry.
smitty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #3042
nofeardiver
Feeling at Home

First Name: Dan
Trading: (4)
nofeardiver will become famous soon enough

i know just posting it made my stomach punch me, to feed it...
nofeardiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #3043
Partagaspete
I Do Medical Things

Trading: (8)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
Partagaspete is on a distinguished road

Care to share the Raspberry Chipotle suace recipe? Those ribs look so good Icould almost smell them.

T
Partagaspete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:59 AM   #3044
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Most of you know I am horrible about taking pictures... well I didn't disappoint. I once again didn't take any pictures of the case of ribs I cooked last weekend for the Wood Splittin' Herf!!! However, Ogre snapped a pic or two and sent me this one:

Name:  100_0844.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  83.1 KB

This was taken just before I put them in foil, so still no pic of the finished racks. Fail on my part once again
Old 03-29-2012, 09:32 AM   #3045
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
Most of you know I am horrible about taking pictures... well I didn't disappoint. I once again didn't take any pictures of the case of ribs I cooked last weekend for the Wood Splittin' Herf!!! However, Ogre snapped a pic or two and sent me this one:

Attachment 11579

This was taken just before I put them in foil, so still no pic of the finished racks. Fail on my part once again
tsk tsk tsk....I guess you're gonna have to cook up some more ribs til you get it right!...the picture taking part that is!!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #3046
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

..and this thread reminds me....I gotta break the smoker out from winter hibernation!!....maybe Sunday if no rain!!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #3047
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

This weekend I have on tap a couple of items...I am going to do a rack of beef ribs
that I somehow managed to find with some actual meat on them. Piggly Wiggly markets
2 products, their skinned down to shiners "beef ribs" and a "Boneless Beef Short Ribs"
which is what they call the meat that they stole from me then sold me a rib carcass for
$1.99 a lb. But the Boneless flankens aren't terribly expensive either, so maybe I can
combine the two cuts on the smoker for a nice variety of the same thing, lol.
I talked to the butcher and told him I was gonna want him to save me some actual beef ribs
in one piece later on in April, and he said, 'OK, that's fine.' SO finally I will get to actually
smoke the beef ribs I talk about all the time.....where was I??

OH, yeah. Beef ribs, and if the cool front actually produces cool temps, some Hamburgers and some chicken.
If it just stays hot, I am gonna stop at the ribs. I still have a triple rack pack of small bone spareribs in the freezer
that I need to get done soon, but they will stay frozen for at least a month. I need to start re-evaluating the freezer
and getting ready for Sprummer. I think I am gonna get off the baby back kick this year and go back to plain ol
spares.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #3048
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
..and this thread reminds me....I gotta break the smoker out from winter hibernation!!....maybe Sunday if no rain!!
Keith... this time of year always reminds me how lucky I am to live where we don't put our cookers away at any time!! I hope you get to cook brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
This weekend I have on tap a couple of items...I am going to do a rack of beef ribs that I somehow managed to find with some actual meat on them.
There is maybe nothing more disappointing than a rack of beef ribs with no meat on them... and maybe nothing better than a meaty rack. I hope your's are awesome. I have a rack in the freezer from the last cow I killed that I may have to cook this weekend!!
Old 03-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #3049
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

"Away" for us is putting the smoker under a tarp.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #3050
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

I'm going to put together an order for pellets from BBQr's Delight. With a 400 # purchase, it's then $7 for a 20# bag plus freight. Way better than $20/bag for Traeger.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #3051
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Finally getting to fire up the smoker!

Starting off with a Maple smoked, honey, butter, bourbon glazed turkey and some Asian Style skin on pork belly.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #3052
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
Finally getting to fire up the smoker!

Starting off with a Maple smoked, honey, butter, bourbon glazed turkey and some Asian Style skin on pork belly.
Dom - did you cure the pork belly prior to smoking? Or did you put it straight on the smoker?
Old 04-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #3053
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Dom - did you cure the pork belly prior to smoking? Or did you put it straight on the smoker?
No cure, marinated then straight to smoker.
I plan on cutting it into chunks and serving it with a hoisin based dipping sauce.

Last edited by jonumberone; 04-07-2012 at 10:06 AM.
jonumberone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #3054
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

Looks good Dom!

Getting ready to smoke some spare ribs with pecan logs here.
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:13 PM   #3055
Opusfxd
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Opusfxd is on a distinguished road

No pics = fail but today I did a 15# brisket for my rehersal dinner in two weeks along with some chicken thighs and wings.
Opusfxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:35 AM   #3056
OLS
Suck It

You know Dom, until you posted that I had no idea there was such a dish in the world.
I shop at a LARGE ethnic Supermarket at times, you name it and they sell it, no matter
what country you eat from. Well I was looking for pork bellies, but all I could get were
these strips or blocks of belly. It is hard to turn them into bacon, but I try and I do.
And now you come along and tell me they are actually cut for an asian dish. A little
web research later confirms this. So I have a pack out to thaw in the fridge and on
Saturday I am going to make that dish. Like I need a bunch of fat in my veins.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #3057
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

From the funny pics thread:

It looks a like a smoker, what do you think?
Old 04-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #3058
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
From the funny pics thread:

It looks a like a smoker, what do you think?

Without lids, it's just a grill.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #3059
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Picked up 2 cases of butts last night for a little cook I'm doing this weekend for the church. Haven't had time to grind up/stuff any venison sausage, but I do have some wild hog sausage left in the freezer that may have to make an appearance this weekend for the guys who come over and hang out while I'm cooking
Old 04-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #3060
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofeardiver View Post
Most recent cook was 5 racks of ribs, i did a raspberry chipotle sauce with my own basic rub...Wife made some roasted potatoes, and my sister law made roasted broccoli which was awesome... everyone was very pleased...
Those ribs look delicious! Care to share the recipe for the glaze?

Pork Loin Back ribs are going on sale for $1.99/pound tomorrow and I'm picking up a few for when I get back from vacation.