Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 03-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #21
Cigahs
Famous Warrior

First Name: Humberto
Trading: (0)
Cigahs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Good deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgiannini View Post
Gents,

Artesanos de Miami is still being produced at the El Credito Cigar Factory in Miami. This is a limited production meaning that we put our best rollers on this line, currently we have have two grade 7 cigar makers.
Due to the limited production we could only supply approximately 75 to 100 of our loyal retailers.

Thanks for your interest...Michael - Team La Gloria
Look what the cat dragged in!!

Wassup, Mike??

Humberto
Cigahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #22
mgiannini

Humberto great to hear from you! Doing well working hard creating...Michael
Old 03-18-2011, 01:01 PM   #23
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigahs View Post
La Gloria Cubana was once produced in both, the DR and Miami.. According to Ernesto, they were the same exact blend. For some reason, however, smokers would prefer the Miami-mades over Dominicans. I never really understood why.

Nonetheless, the Miami production no longer exists and, if you can snag a properly stored box at any price, you'd be getting some well-aged cigars.
That makes sense, I looked up cigar taxes in Hawaii and it's 50%, which would account for cigars at the exchange going for 3-4 dollars less than the same cigars at any cigar shop I've been in, too bad their humidors suck and the cigars I pull out of it are like kindling...

So taking into account the taxes, and that the owner of the shop bought the cigars before the Miami factory stopped making them specifically to age them (30 months actually not 3 years). Maybe the 189.00 price tag makes sense, even if they might not really be worth it. I still don't think I'll be picking any up, but maybe they aren't actually that overpriced, and they are damn tasty.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote